Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

12 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

I too am a book lover, but if I want to read a thing bad enough, I will use whatever media is available do so lol

You get me dude~

I'm glad your dinner went well~ ^^

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and croissants with butter and jam*

8 hours ago, trystan said:

are you me?? i love the smell of books!

XD Nope. I can't crochet. :P

8 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

made ham (home made glaze and all for the first time ever

Yum! Enjoy tonight's dinner, too.

We're doing Black Friday at the shop today. Our shelves are seriously overstocked.

3 hours ago, Lagie said:
12 hours ago, trystan said:

are you me?? i love the smell of books!

XD Nope. I can't crochet. :P

hmm, good point there.  so you're the 'book' part of me. XD 

7 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:

I still enjoy reading from books.

yaay! :) 

Good start to the day thus far. Woke up, did the dishes, gonna start cooking in about 20 minutes, then wake ben at 2, head out by 2:30, get there on time (hopefully)

When we get back, I can FINALLY relax. Ben and I are gonna play Sea of Thieves. Tomorrow I'm gonna clean a bit, then relax all day. Sunday, we have plays to play online with my friend Kili (that's pronounced Key-lee) Monday is Back to work and OT (Bleh) but hopefully the two gents that are supposed to join our shift this week will lessen the load enough we won't have to do two days of OT a week (or at all would be FABULOUS) AND I get to train to be a Quality Assurance Inspector (well a back-up one, which means I only do it if one of our primary inspectors is unavailable)

It's bright and sunny and mildly chilly today (48 degrees right now). Fingers crossed it stays that way until we get home.

1 hour ago, AsymDoll13 said:

@Lagie Didn't realize that the Bahamas did Black Friday much. That's interesting. 

We didn't, when I first moved back here 22 years ago.  Bahamians love a bargain, though, so they've eagerly incorporated Black Friday into their shopping routine. XD

Good day, bad day, okay day.  It was a weird one.  Customers were happy with the half price day.  We sold lots of stuff!  Almost 900 for the day.

Had a falling out with one of my volunteers which I now need to to resolve (one way or the other...).  Blerg.

Thanks!  The other volunteers and I were all kind of shell-shocked, but we coped.

Great news about the shop! 

That's really interesting actually, about Black Friday. I knew that some European places had it, but not there. This is something to look into. ^^

I'm so tired suddenly, oh my goodness.......

27 minutes ago, Lagie said:

We didn't, when I first moved back here 22 years ago.  Bahamians love a bargain, though, so they've eagerly incorporated Black Friday into their shopping routine. XD

Good day, bad day, okay day.  It was a weird one.  Customers were happy with the half price day.  We sold lots of stuff!  Almost 900 for the day.

Had a falling out with one of my volunteers which I now need to to resolve (one way or the other...).  Blerg.

Oh no Lagie!!! :( Sorry to hear this about your volunteer. 

Bahamians are shoppers. They/We travel to Florida with empty suitcases, and return with all suitcases bulging and sometimes one or two additional ones. XD

And because they take everything out of its packaging and try to make it looked used, they get away with not declaring it all on their return.

You can always tell Bahamians in hotels near Florida malls (especially Sawgrass Mills) by the piles of empty boxes and bags outside their hotel rooms. :P

Just now, galleri said:

Oh no Lagie!!! :( Sorry to hear this about your volunteer. 

Thanks. Working on resolving the issue now.

Happy Friday evening?

Fridays are a long day. If I did not tell you all.....I am now a bank teller.  :/ I thought this was be an alright job, but if you thought people were jerks to employees in the stores, try the banks.  I get a lot of  "Everyone here knows me so you don't need my ID". Uh yes I do.... And you should be very concerned if someone is not asking for your ID.... and then other ridiculous issues that I cannot believe people think they can get away with. 

Otherwise, daughter is over the tummy virus, so far no one else in the house has picked it up. It has been 2 days....so I think we might be good. 

I think we have a mouse though. Which makes sense being on a farm and this is an old farmhouse. Also explains the scratching I heard one night in the wall. I thought I was overly tired shrugged it off.... today the bread bag had evidence. So I need a cat or a trap lol

9 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Bahamians are shoppers. They/We travel to Florida with empty suitcases, and return with all suitcases bulging and sometimes one or two additional ones. XD

And because they take everything out of its packaging and try to make it looked used, they get away with not declaring it all on their return.

You can always tell Bahamians in hotels near Florida malls (especially Sawgrass Mills) by the piles of empty boxes and bags outside their hotel rooms. :P

Thanks. Working on resolving the issue now.

I had seen this on I think TLC..... some show about the airport police that catch people doing shady stuff traveling.  That the Bahamians are always bring back a lot apparently to sell in their store. 

Edited by galleri

Just now, galleri said:

I had seen this on I think TLC..... some show about the airport police that catch people doing shady stuff traveling.  That the Bahamians are always bring back a lot apparently to sell in their store. 

That would make sense, too.  I know a lot of my Haitian shoppers resell the items they buy which is why they're always trying to get the prices down lower.

Just now, galleri said:

Fridays are a long day. If I did not tell you all.....I am now a bank teller. 

Ouch. You get to be the front line person when we have problems. That must be hard!

And I hear you on the i.d. I closed out my grandmother's bank account, which she held jointly with my mother, a few days after my mother's death (my grandmother had died years before).  I had only the ATM card for the account.  They never asked me for i.d. or anything to confirm that I should even be doing what I was doing.  It wasn't a lot of money, but I walked away wondering how on earth I'd managed to pull that one off. :huh:

Glad the little one's feeling better!

15 minutes ago, galleri said:

I think we have a mouse though. Which makes sense being on a farm and this is an old farmhouse. Also explains the scratching I heard one night in the wall. I thought I was overly tired shrugged it off.... today the bread bag had evidence. So I need a cat or a trap lol

cat. lots of cats.  we don't have mice XD 

but yaay for your daughter feeling better!

wow, motel internet is weird. and laggy (not Lagie!)

tomorrow is travel day back home, after i meet with friends for breakfast, and maybe stop in mom's again for a little bit.

also, random: i've found Beetlejuice on VH1.  the lady who plays Delia Deetz is the same person who plays Moira Rose on Schitt's Creek.  also, Lydia is kinda like the same character as Veronica from Heathers.  oh wait, same actress.... XD

Edited by trystan

19 minutes ago, trystan said:

cat. lots of cats.  we don't have mice XD 

but yaay for your daughter feeling better!

wow, motel internet is weird. and laggy (not Lagie!)

tomorrow is travel day back home, after i meet with friends for breakfast, and maybe stop in mom's again for a little bit.

also, random: i've found Beetlejuice on VH1.  the lady who plays Delia Deetz is the same person who plays Moira Rose on Schitt's Creek.  also, Lydia is kinda like the same character as Veronica from Heathers.  oh wait, same actress.... XD

Motel internet sucks!! LOL 

Cats... lot of cats...would be a dream for my daughter lol 

Ok Beetlejuice on VH1? This makes me think back to the times where VH1 and MTV were only videos. sigh..... 

3 minutes ago, galleri said:

Motel internet sucks!! LOL 

Cats... lot of cats...would be a dream for my daughter lol 

Ok Beetlejuice on VH1? This makes me think back to the times where VH1 and MTV were only videos. sigh..... 

well, i'll be back to my home internet tomorrow night.

you can come visit me.... we have 11 cats!

yep, Beetlejuice on VH1.  Princess Bride was on AMC earlier! :D 

completely agree!

it's been a while since i first watched it, and i keep saying i need to rewatch it (and plenty of other movies as well!), and now i just did. :D 

Have fun!

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and bacon and eggs*

Mini jewellery sale today. I hope it goes smoothly without that volunteer (and fingers crossed for no rain!).

Good morning, CPA!

I slept in this morning, which felt really good!

Hope the sale goes well, Lagie. And hope you can resolve things with your volunteer.

Friend is having a "meet and greet" today for her daughter and new hubby who just got married in October. They live in NYC. I really don't want to go, but feel like I need to at least put in an appearance. My social anxiety makes this kind of thing hard for me.

33 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Got most of my Christmas shopping done last night on Etsy. ❤️ 

Sadly, I must ban you for buying off of Etsy.

18 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Sadly, I must ban you for buying off of Etsy.

Why?