Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

21 minutes ago, Lagie said:

The 'I can't use the words I want to about him at the forum' executive director was let go yesterday!

HUZZAH! I get to keep my office! :D

so what did the doofus do? and how long was he actually 'executive director'? XD 

Edited by trystan

55 minutes ago, Lagie said:

*happy happy happy happy happy happy happy dance*

The 'I can't use the words I want to about him at the forum' executive director was let go yesterday!

Back to your usual activities now, people.

Happy happy day, Lagie! Celebrate and know your DC friends are celebrating with you too!

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

*happy happy happy happy happy happy happy dance*

Whoa! Your guardian angel was on the lookout for you.

What happened to make him go away? What did he do?

3 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Your insurance company isn't named after a fairy tale, is it? A year and a day is something from fairy tales.

No, I suspect it is my Medicare. I do have supplemental insurance, but I think Medicare pays 100% for the mammogram.

4 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Not a bad idea, but... I mean... I have no health insurance, so it makes it hard. 

And that is what is wrong with our health care system. You should be able to get important preventive care like that without paying an arm and a leg!

1 hour ago, trystan said:

so what did the doofus do? and how long was he actually 'executive director'? XD 

Oct 11th to yesterday.

No clue what impelled them to part ways with him but I am SOOOOOOOOO happy!

1 hour ago, BringsTheSnow said:

Happy happy day, Lagie! Celebrate and know your DC friends are celebrating with you too!

:D

9 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Whoa! Your guardian angel was on the lookout for you.

What happened to make him go away? What did he do?

Angel was! (Must have been the nativity scene in the new shed! XD )

No clue why. I might find out tomorrow.

Rain, rain, go away. Why do you always rain on Jollification weekend? :wacko:

47 minutes ago, Lagie said:

It always rains around Halloween here. 

I can share some of my 29 F. pre-dawn air if you want.  It's looking now like it'll stay above freezing next week, but still cold. 

3 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

:mellow: ...

No?

Uh-huh. Like I'd believe that. 😛

Yay @Lagie!

We're gonna watch a movie at some point tonight, if friend ever finishes their DnD character. lol

51 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

can share some of my 29 F. pre-dawn air if you want.

Thanks, but I'll pass. XD

Screenshot_20221117-180057.thumb.jpg.6829b6d32b9d5f0292c0fc2965513b85.jpg

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

Oct 11th to yesterday.

No clue what impelled them to part ways with him but I am SOOOOOOOOO happy!

wow

and yes... yes you are. :D 

please let us know why. ;) 

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

rain does not sound like fun.  what all is Jollification about?

we've had flurries every day this week ;) 

tomorrow is 'take the bags and box of stuff to goodwill' day.  there's some totes, clothing, kitchen items, that moved with us, and i'm not using them, hubby's not wearing them, yeah.  i do have some things listed on marketplace for free, so there's that too.

42 minutes ago, trystan said:

what all is Jollification about?

It's a Christmas fair, with craft vendors, artists, plant stalls, food, drink. Outside (though tented) in the National Trust's Retreat Garden (the one the roadworks people hacked up for the unnecessary roundabout :( ), hence rain being an issue. Not to mention the quagmire that forms in the roadworks when it rains...

I've had a stall selling my origami cranes and pompom mice every year since I think 2000 or 2001, except for 2020 and 2021 when Covid kiboshed it.

Mice (I no longer do the bookmarks.)

Cranes (with some Jollification photos, too.)

10 minutes ago, Lagie said:

It's a Christmas fair, with craft vendors, artists, plant stalls, food, drink. Outside (though tented) in the National Trust's Retreat Garden (the one the roadworks people hacked up for the unnecessary roundabout :( ), hence rain being an issue. Not to mention the quagmire that forms in the roadworks when it rains...

I've had a stall selling my origami cranes and pompom mice every year since I think 2000 or 2001, except for 2020 and 2021 when Covid kiboshed it.

Mice (I no longer do the bookmarks.)

Cranes (with some Jollification photos, too.)

oh very cool!

and those mice are adorable! :D 

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

It's a Christmas fair, with craft vendors, artists, plant stalls, food, drink.

*hisss* Thanksgiving hasn't even happened yet

7 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:

*hisss* Thanksgiving hasn't even happened yet

We don't celebrate Thanksgiving here. At least, not officially.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and croissants with butter and jam*

It's set up day for the Jolli. The roadworks went on through the entire night as they'll be stopping for the two days of the festival. I'm sure parking will be even more insane than usual as no one will be able to park along Village Road so I guess they'll use the side streets (all of which are pretty narrow). Part of the school parking lot that we also use was chopped up for the stoopid roundabout. Someone has to be getting a kickback for that project. We do not need a roundabout on this road.

I will drive down this morning to set up as I don't want to be carrying boxes through a construction zone. I will, however, walk there and back this evening and tomorrow. Not sure yet about Sunday.

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

We don't celebrate Thanksgiving here. At least, not officially.

We still must object to this early Christmas creep. It's tried to take over the whole year before.

Good morning, CPA!

32 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

We still must object to this early Christmas creep.

And I do! The only thing that has helped a bit is that Halloween has become so commercialized that the stores are trying to capitalize on that in October, so they don't put out much Christmas stuff until after Halloween. But they don't lose any time after that!

Cold here today and supposed to be much colder over the weekend. I'm not ready!

1 hour ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

We still must object to this early Christmas creep. It's tried to take over the whole year before.

Jollification here has always been the weekend before the U.S. Thanksgiving. It's the Nassau start to the Christmas season.

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Cold here today and supposed to be much colder over the weekend. I'm not ready!

*sends up lots of warm clothing*

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

Jollification here has always been the weekend before the U.S. Thanksgiving. It's the Nassau start to the Christmas season.

My response to that.

so i put a wreath outside today.  there's a santa hat on it.  but it's Jack Skellington and it's a Nightmare before Xmas wreath.  i'm okay with this - i also have my light up halloween tree and cat plugged in and turning on as well. :D 

3 minutes ago, trystan said:

so i put a wreath outside today.  there's a santa hat on it.  but it's Jack Skellington and it's a Nightmare before Xmas wreath.  i'm okay with this - i also have my light up halloween tree and cat plugged in and turning on as well. :D 

🧐 🫖

I will permit it.

Our neighbor across the street still has all of their purple Halloween lights on -- a blanket of them over their front bushes and purple covers on their outside spotlights.

I wonder if they will change things out for Christmas.

So many dragons I need to catch up on, do they do new releases monthly now?

11 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

🧐 🫖

I will permit it.

heh.

8 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Our neighbor across the street still has all of their purple Halloween lights on -- a blanket of them over their front bushes and purple covers on their outside spotlights.

I wonder if they will change things out for Christmas.

20210902_113011.thumb.jpg.526d45fc01fcbdb63f61decbd35b9b8e.jpg

5 minutes ago, SoraBbb said:

So many dragons I need to catch up on, do they do new releases monthly now?

pretty much - january, maybe?.....then March, April, June, July, August, and September. February is Valentines, May is Birthday month, October is Halloween, and December is Xmas.

the regular releases are usually the 4th sunday of the month, and by 'sunday' that's at midnight, which means 'be at the ready at 11:59 p.m. saturday night.' and that's Cave time.  your time zone may vary. 

So... all my lovely hanging birds, and I sell... six pompom mice. :P

Screenshot_20221118-214800.thumb.jpg.7fadb8d27a8df26e7d3e3fa92e847521.jpg

Thankfully the rain stopped by 5 and stayed stopped.

Just now, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

That's a really pretty display, Lagie.

Thanks.

The power had gone out so it was lit with the solar light I brought with me, and backlit by the stoopid construction's lights.