Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

I find it confusing when the layout changes between dragon breeds. I'd been releasing dragons of the same breed, and on the next breed, my mouse went to the same spot and I almost ended up clicking 'kill'! :blink:

oops!

now i wait until the page has loaded in, and deliberately look for 'name' or 'hide'.... before i click. :blink:

27 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

It's just heartstopping. lol

It is! I've done it, too, and caught myself just in time.

yeah, my brain does a quick scan of the page so I have to tell myself to read slower so I press on the right one ^-^;

7 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:

yeah, my brain does a quick scan of the page so I have to tell myself to read slower so I press on the right one ^-^;

👍

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Simba and I are heading out for our morning walk soon. The morning one takes us onto the golf course.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

👍

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Simba and I are heading out for our morning walk soon. The morning one takes us onto the golf course.

*grabs some juice* Thanks!

Walking a dog on a golf course? Why do I suddenly have the vision of a whole fleet of dog-walkers going there on purpose to create more "hazards" for the golfers? And cats, to add traps to the sand traps, too.

(Yeah, yeah, I know... but I just got done cleaning the litterbox, so my mind was kind of already there still...)

XD He usually does his business in the yard. The walk is to burn off energy. ;) It's only possible early in the morning before the golfers start and before it gets too hot.

so now the "moving" conversation has moved to a completely different place.  keeping in mind we live near philadelphia.... the conversation has moved to pittsburgh!  i kid you not, hubby found a house out there that's about 300 sq feet bigger than our current house - for less than what we paid for this house when we moved in in 2008! mind-boggling.

i'm still stalking the Alpine, Desert, and AP for CB Nebs.  i want a few more before i start getting CB Antareans again, same mantra as yesterday.

Edited by trystan

*pokes thread, as it's been quite for 2 hours* i got a CB Neb!!  still want to find two more at least though!

also kept a fun code Neb, so that's his name now - Spyko :)

still stalking, but wanted to share. :D

1 hour ago, trystan said:

*pokes thread, as it's been quite for 2 hours* i got a CB Neb!!  still want to find two more at least though!

also kept a fun code Neb, so that's his name now - Spyko :)

still stalking, but wanted to share. :D

Yay for the CB Neb! 🎊🥳

Is it possible for you to move out Pittsburgh way, or was that just a case of, "Holy crow, look how much lower the house prices are out there!" commentating?

It's so hot out there. Like wow. So freaking hot. Send help. And water. And shade. And.... and... save me. 

1 hour ago, catstaff said:

Is it possible for you to move out Pittsburgh way, or was that just a case of, "Holy crow, look how much lower the house prices are out there!" commentating?

it's totally possible.

Spoiler

if we move out to Pgh, we'd pretty much completely uproot everything we have here. we'd need a new bank, new doctors (1 for hubby, 2 for me, and a dentist), new mechanic, new grocery store, possibility of hubby needing a new job if they're completely stupid about him still being at his current job completely remote (they're in the office Tues & Weds now that it's summer time (instead of Tues-Weds-Thurs)), i might want a new "full-time" job (i could probably transfer to a michael's out in Pgh, there's a few out there).  right now my 75-year-old mom is about a half-hour away from us here; we'd be 6 hours away out there.  mom still drives, and she gives herself a few more years driving, but there is that.  our older daughter is living with her grandparents/my inlaws, but my MIL has been wanting to sell the house forever, and older daughter probably can't afford the taxes if she were to live there instead of my inlaws.  no idea what the younger daughter has planned for when she graduates in april '23, as her BF still has another year of undergrad (he'd graduate in may '24)

so..... that's a lot of stuff to leave.

on the other hand, if we sell the house for what we hope, and find a house for much much less (either here or there), we wouldn't have a mortgage, home equity loan, car loan, a TON of credit card debt..... and since it's a lower cost of living out there, we could get away with less income (just my retail job and hubby's remote FT job), and maybe we might be able to actually save money for the first time in, like... ever.

edit with some good news! we've also been pre-approved for a mortgage, should we end up needing one.  if we find a house around here, we'd still have a mortgage most likely.

yeah.

Edited by trystan

1 hour ago, AsymDoll13 said:

It's so hot out there. Like wow. So freaking hot. Send help. And water. And shade. And.... and... save me. 

*sends all of those*

I melted today, too, doing shop stuff outside.

That is a lot to consider, @trystan. Good luck with the decision.

thanks Lagie.  first we're still going to look in our area because of a lot of those things are already here. and we did see a house on zillow that does look good, so we can start there. :) 

I mean, I GUESS I could look at house prices in Pittsburgh just to see what it is, but since I'm not looking for places there, how much is housing?
good luck with everything though; moving is a big decision '^'

2 hours ago, trystan said:

thanks Lagie.  first we're still going to look in our area because of a lot of those things are already here. and we did see a house on zillow that does look good, so we can start there. :) 

Yeah, I don't blame you for wanting to try to stay in your area, that is a lot to give up.

Whereas me moving to CT from MD took me from a place I was completely alone (followed a job to that area in the middle of lockdowns so we didn't exactly get to know many people) to a place that's about 20 minutes from my mom and sister. (With caveats for traffic, since the best route takes me through the 91/95 junction in New Haven and the alternate routes are likely to be just as bad.) Still gotta find doctors, etc, once I get insured again.

1 hour ago, WaterScorpion said:

I mean, I GUESS I could look at house prices in Pittsburgh just to see what it is, but since I'm not looking for places there, how much is housing?
good luck with everything though; moving is a big decision '^'

so the house that was bigger than ours was listed at $195,000... or something like that.  our house is about 1500 sq feet, and this one was i think 1900 sq ft. (i made a typo up a few posts, oops.)

7 minutes ago, catstaff said:

Whereas me moving to CT from MD took me from a place I was completely alone (followed a job to that area in the middle of lockdowns so we didn't exactly get to know many people) to a place that's about 20 minutes from my mom and sister.

that makes a LOT of sense, yeah.

younger daughter goes to Pitt, but after and her boyfriend are finished with school, i think he's wanting to look for a job out in this area - he grew up here too.

we are starting the search out here, and see where it takes us.

3 minutes ago, trystan said:

we are starting the search out here, and see where it takes us.

Makes sense.

I am loving the whole private pool thing here. I have so many memories associated with this house.

Western PA is generally a lower cost-of-living area than many. We were always amazed by the lower cost of housing there (once we had moved here and realized the difference). The area of MD that we live in now tends to be a high cost area. Moving away from everything familiar is not easy -- lots to think about. A lot of people from here retire to Delaware for tax benefits, but I would not want to leave friends, church, neighbors, etc. to have to start all over.

49 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Western PA is generally a lower cost-of-living area than many.

as we are finding out!

it's not an easy decision, this is true.

It's expensive to live here in Georgia, as my parents and I have found out. 

2 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

It's expensive to live here in Georgia, as my parents and I have found out. 

I won't say Georgia is low-cost, but I remember getting a lot of bang for the buck when I lived in the Atlanta area for a few years. Rent was about the same as we'd paid in New Hampshire ($1600/month), but the apartments were much bigger - 1300 sf, as opposed to under 1000 sf, 2 full baths instead of 1, W/D in-unit, and pools in the complex. When we were inside the Perimeter, we massively cut commuting costs thanks to our Breeze cards for MARTA. Groceries did cost a little more, stress little, but only because we'd gone from a no-sales-tax state to one with sales tax.

So far, Westchester county, NY is the priciest place I've lived. An 800 sf one-bed, one-bath apartment there, cost just under $2000/month, and a 950 sf two-bed, one-bath is $2500/month.

ewwww 😧

*sigh* until I get a "better" paying job, I haven't really considered most places above $1,500/month rent