Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

9 minutes ago, catstaff said:

now the sky looks like the Wrath of the Gods just before they unleash the hurricane

:blink: Stay safe!

Glad the sitting helped.

5 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

have neve been inside an IKEA, is it really set up like that?!

Yep. It's a long walk if you're feeling tired. But feels short when you're enthusiastically shopping for your entire house!

Toppage, page 732! B)

Edited by Lagie
Toppage!

it was hot, it rained and cooled off (we got caught in a downpour on our way to the inlaws), and now it's humid. ick.

2 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

I'm glad you're feeling better! I'm still slightly sore, but I also have arthritis in my right shoulder and left knee and some sciatic issues, so this isn't uncommon for me (I am accident prone so most of these are from previous injuries, some is genetics, some just my body getting older lol)

I have neve been inside an IKEA, is it really set up like that?! O.o

It's cooling off here so I turned the AC off and opened the window.

Ouch!

I hear you on the arthritis thing, though, that's my right ankle, courtesy of the permanent hardware installed just about 20 years ago... and the left ankle has a massive bone spur that's trying to calcify my Achilles tendon... and both knees aren't happy, mostly due to a combination of trying to compensate for the messed up ankles plus me being overweight.

Yeah, it's part of IKEA's strategy - if the customers have to walk past everything, they're that much more likely to see something they want and buy it! I do need a sofa, but I won't be getting it there because they don't deliver. I mostly went there in hopes of finding salmiakki, which I've wanted to try for a while now, but no luck. I did find both lingonberry and cloudberry preserves, though. Gonna have to stop in again to pick up the meatballs when it can be my last stop of the day's errands.

Mmm. Lingonberry.

I really want to go to an IKEA to get some of the LEGO cubes. We don't have one here, though, and I have no plans for going off-island for a very long time.

Lingonberry is yummy. I haven't tried cloudberry yet, but I also want to try to find the Finnish squeaky cheese to eat it with.

IKEA is fun, if tiring. Doesn't help that I discovered Valhallaluja by Nanowar of Steel a couple years back... I can't go into an IKEA store without humming this the whole time I'm there now.Supposedly when they released this song, they had a meet-n-greet at an IKEA... without getting permission first! Hid swag all through the place and then gave a performance in the parking lot. Wish I could have seen that for myself!

28 minutes ago, trystan said:

it was hot, it rained and cooled off (we got caught in a downpour on our way to the inlaws), and now it's humid. ick.

Supposed to rain here this weekend. Will send you a box full of humidity. :P

15 minutes ago, catstaff said:

Lingonberry is yummy. I haven't tried cloudberry yet,

Both are myths! Myths, I say!!!!

Go eat a snocone and get over it.

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

9 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Supposed to rain here this weekend. Will send you a box full of humidity. :P

i'll stamp it "return to sender; no one here by that name"

2 minutes ago, trystan said:

XD

We don't need it here either.

The tombstones are increasing.

18 minutes ago, trystan said:

hmmmph... who am I supposec to hand it off to, then?

1 minute ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:
20 minutes ago, trystan said:

hmmmph... who am I supposed to hand it off to, then?

how about some penguins in Antarctica? 

2 minutes ago, trystan said:

how about some penguins in Antarctica? 

I need names.

23 hours ago, trystan said:

so my sister-inlaw Tammie (hubby's sister) died tonight :(

Hide contents

I'll start at the end.  she was I'm assisted living for the last few years, and about 2 weeks ago, went into the hospital for many things, including low blood pressure, anemia, and she wasn't eating, so she had a feeding tube. last night (thursday),  my mother-inlaw called hubby to let him know Tammie had gone into the ICU, and would keep us updated. tonight, our older daughter called us right after the hospital called. they were about to do an MRI, and Tammie's heart just stopped :(

she had just turned 60 on May 10th.

she'd been in a wheelchair since I'd met her in the early 90s, thanks to the spina bifida. she'd had surgery when she was like 5 minutes old, and her brain never developed past like 9 or 10. that was Tammie. 

she loved doing seek and finds, and always got a ton of outfits at Xmas.  she loved just about everything. 

I'm not sure how long the doctors had expected her to live when she was a kid, but she defied whatever odds and made it to 60.

i might be scarce tomorrow, our plan is to go down to my inlaws just to be with them. but I'll check in on my phone.

@trystan I am so sorry to hear this. <3 

Hmm... Grabbing these new eggs is going to be... interesting. And annoying. 

4 hours ago, catstaff said:

IKEA is fun, if tiring. Doesn't help that I discovered Valhallaluja by Nanowar of Steel a couple years back... 

hahaha this is great!!!

thanks galleri.

asym - i can only grab 1 from each biome, i only have 6 slots open.

i'm going to try when it's light out.... but then i have to leave for work at like 10:50.

i'll bet all the other eggs will have mixed in by the time i get back to the cave - probably after dinner. *sigh*

I dunno. I'm going to try to grab a couple tonight, I guess? I dunno. lol

Managed to grab one from the Forest, Jungle and Coast... So yeah. Cool? lol

5 hours ago, catstaff said:

Lingonberry is yummy. I haven't tried cloudberry yet, but I also want to try to find the Finnish squeaky cheese to eat it with.

IKEA is fun, if tiring. Doesn't help that I discovered Valhallaluja by Nanowar of Steel a couple years back... I can't go into an IKEA store without humming this the whole time I'm there now.Supposedly when they released this song, they had a meet-n-greet at an IKEA... without getting permission first! Hid swag all through the place and then gave a performance in the parking lot. Wish I could have seen that for myself!

Oooh I love that song. Something about that gospel choir works so good when used in other music genres in this case metal!

I have one from the alpine and one from the forest. 

I'll try for the others before work