Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

top of the afternoon, all!

today's a home day, but i had stuff to do.  i went to the other Home Improvement store about my storm door, and if what the guy quoted me is approximately correct, we have a winning storm door and installation.  

while i was out, i went to JoAnn's - they're actually OPEN.  i did look for fun material for another mask, but in the end i didn't see anything i didn't want a yard of (to make other things too).  but i did get some yarn and eyes for a LiMu Emu (one of Liberty Mutual's ad campaigns, it' amusing.)  the other main reason i was out was to pick up younger daughter's order at Michael's for cookie cutters and cookie icing.  even though it was her login name, it had my name on the order, and the assistant manager was like "You didn't have to place an order - you could have come in and gotten it!" (did i mention that my PT weekend job was Michaels? XD) but what i told her was that my younger daughter was the one that placed it last night, so.... yeah. XD  (as of now, we only have Buy Online Pick Up Curbside, not "go in and look around and buy stuff - the store is too messy for that....)

Edited by trystan
toppa da page

You're going to crochet a LiMu Emu?!? Let me know how it turns out! XD

A friend of mine, one of her favourite ads is the stakeout ad where the guy falls asleep and LiMu sets off the car siren.

I've been told to reopen my shop.

Edited by Lagie

well, I'm going to crochet an emu who will wear a yellow shirt and sunglasses .... XD

you've been told to reopen??

Edited by trystan
to add stuff....

Yes. Told. By the Board President and the shelter manager. Like they're the ones who will have to limit the numbers to three or four max at a time (on my second-to-last open day way back in March, we had over 100 people in four hours) and make sure they all have masks and all use sanitizer and all wait outside six feet apart, not to mention we are going to have to set time limits because our customers are used to browsing and chilling and chatting with their friends so have been known to stay for an hour or two or more. AND one of the housewares-allowed-to-be-open days (which is how they are justifying this) is a day I don't even normally WORK.

Sorry. I'm a bit flustered and put out by this...

Edited by Lagie

Exactly. *hugs*

I'm not sure I want to do it. We were progressing well with the appointment system which I'd expected to continue through the rest of May.

how much time do you have to make these changes? i mean, are you opening tomorrow? if my michael's was only given a 1-day notice to reopen, we'd have a LOT of cleaning and straightening up to do!

Argghh...  Sounds like a lot of work Lagie.  

Good morning everyone!

Man I had a bad nights sleep

SPIRIT!

*tackleglomps*

Ok. Persona 5 Royal

arrived in the post so I have that to look forward to.

I really need something to look forward too XD

How's you?

Awesome.

I'm so so. Didn't sleep all to well.

Something like that.

And apparently there got a dog loose last night and the whole areas pets went nuts.

Except ours cause the are inside dogs

Darcy spotted a cat in our back garden two weeks ago and now spends all day at the window in case in comes back XD

*gives Spirit a pillow*

XD

Sounds about right.

The neighbors big dogs broke loose from their yard and got into ours somehow.

Luckily nothing bad happened but for the whole week Tigger slowly goes out barking making sure the area is clear XD

It's super funny to watch

11 hours ago, trystan said:

how much time do you have to make these changes? i mean, are you opening tomorrow? if my michael's was only given a 1-day notice to reopen, we'd have a LOT of cleaning and straightening up to do!

Given that the shelter manager called me yesterday to check I'd seen the message from 5 p.m. Sunday, I got the impression they wanted it to start yesterday, as in with about 16 hours' notice. I told him we'd try for having it all in place for next week. The biggest hiccup is actually the hand sanitizer which is like gold right now and very hard to find on this island.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee and toast*

Huge rain and thunderstorm in the wee hours (4 a.m.) so everything is now dripping in the sun.

The cat I feed (belongs across the driveway in the 600 block, I think) wouldn't let the two actual strays come and eat this morning. She swatted their noses as they tried to slip through my gate. The first, one I see daily, waited till she moved and came in, ate, and left. The second, one I seldom see, decided not to try and left.

LAGIE!

*huggles*

Yeah that's the problem. People want to change things right now instead of doing some decent planning and figuring out how things should work.

I see that problem here a lot. Even before lock down

@Fortune86 The two dogs are a golden retriever and a dalmatian. For some reason when they break loose they always come to our yard XD There is a whole park and other dogs to annoy right across from our house but they always come to us XD

Hi there MP!

Why does it suck?

And how did that, was it a test, go?

Take-home exam, don't know, felt like I did alright but I always think that and then do terrible.

And it's because its working full time for 4 weeks with zero pay, all the while costing me hours at my actual place of work.

4 weeks is just way too long...

Also I don't think i've done a single script that the boss hasn't found a fault with, which is upsetting. In the two days i've been their i've felt a lot better once he's left for the day.

He's the kind to jokingly say "hey i'll fire you" but that's just terrifying for me.