Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

Good morning *takes bacon*.

Pulled muscles really suck :( Feel better soon!

I didn't sleep too well last night, and now my head hurts... Bothersome.

Eeps. Hope your head feels better soon!

Tylenol and coffee seem to be having some effect on my arm, thank goodness. The last thing I want is to be grimacing in pain through the family Zoom chat at noon today.

Takes bacon.

I'm tired today.

Today is hubby's birthday. Quarantine birthdays are odd, although mine ended up being sort of fun due to my friends' creativity. We are having a family Zoom at 6pm. Ordinarily we would all be together to celebrate. I'm trying to decide if I should bake a cake for just the 2 of us.

*grabs some bacon and eggs to munch on whilst considering that*

Cake is always worth it! ;)

My father and all six of his kids:

IMG-20200523-WA0002.thumb.jpg.2ac7ef9ff78cc11fba1dba44c0b8be64.jpg

It's the first chat where we've all been on and visible!

retail job today.  at least people are calling to see if we're open or not before venturing out to find out that we're not.  had a customer call in to find out the status of their order (it was received, but still in the queue), and they told me that they never get the emails when their orders are ready.  i suggested checking the spam, they said it's never there either.  i completely missed the obvious to ask them to confirm the spelling of the email - there's been times i've tried typing trytan instead of trystan, and my mind sees it as correct, so...

yaay Lagie! :) 

58 minutes ago, trystan said:

spelling of the email - there's been times i've tried typing trytan instead of trystan, and my mind sees it as correct, so...

yaay Lagie! :) 

Email... our receptionist has weird handwriting so I am always having to doublecheck spellings of emails she gives me. One email just would not go through and thank goodness I picked up the phone when the lady called to find out why she hadn't gotten it - our receptionist is adamant that Cheryl is spelled c-h-e-r-l-y! *rolls eyes* It would never have been fixed had she answered.

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

Cake is always worth it! ;)

My father and all six of his kids:

Hide contents

IMG-20200523-WA0002.thumb.jpg.2ac7ef9ff78cc11fba1dba44c0b8be64.jpg

It's the first chat where we've all been on and visible!

That's awesome!  I've just gotten my mom started on a cell phone, so no video chats yet!

7 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

That's awesome!  I've just gotten my mom started on a cell phone, so no video chats yet!

My stepmom does the techie part for my dad. Maybe someone can help your mom.

And for the PM part, since images are hard in PMs, here's one of my unique Lego creations:

Screenshot_20200523-174432.thumb.jpg.70612d1174fa9449bc6f629cc2d0bfc0.jpg

25 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

Wow, that's gorgeous, Lagie!  Still needs a dragon, though... :D

Thanks. :) It does. It's only a small part of the whole (bottom right was the previous bit):

Screenshot_20200523-181121.thumb.jpg.38ed154a510eb1a8bcaf439906f0d370.jpg

23 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

Wow!  I have a feeling that if I tried to build that, I'd have a mini dachshund sneaking off with bits of it... :D

XD I am fortunate to not have critters or children who might do exactly that!

It takes up nearly the entire space of my second bedroom's floor.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

One email just would not go through and thank goodness I picked up the phone when the lady called to find out why she hadn't gotten it - our receptionist is adamant that Cheryl is spelled c-h-e-r-l-y!

XD oh my.  Ravelry has also bought "raverly.com" in case of letter-flippage.  i just tested it, and it goes right to ravelry.com :D 

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

here's one of my unique Lego creations:

wow.... that's impressive!!

2 hours ago, trystan said:

XD oh my.  Ravelry has also bought "raverly.com" in case of letter-flippage.  i just tested it, and it goes right to ravelry.com :D 

wow.... that's impressive!!

XD That's funny. The Ravelry bit! XD

Thanks! I'm having fun adding bits as I go along.

16 minutes ago, Lagie said:

That's funny. The Ravelry bit!

yep, i thought so too.  i'm also good at letter-flippage sometimes too. :) 

Decided against cake. He isn't supposed to eat it anyway! Usually our daughter bakes the birthday cakes and he just gets one piece, but if I baked it and it was in the house...

@Lagie I love your Legos! I have always enjoyed building with them but sort of feel the need to have a kid around to use as an excuse. Glad to see that you have no such inhibitions! XD My granddaughter has quite a few of the sets and I have just basic building blocks here that were her Dad's so we play with those when she is here.

Wow, that Lego thing is impressive Lagie.

I'm aggravated to no end because I can't sleep. 

@ lagie: wow, impressive indeed. I neither have the patience nor the vision to do something like that u_u

@ classy: oh no, why is that? 😧

unfortunately I'm not familiar with methods to help with going to sleep. soothing music/sounds?

Posted (edited)

Adult fans of Lego are everywhere! If I ever get to travel to the U.S. again, I'd like to go the the Birmingham Brick Fair.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

Would a cup of herbal or fruit tea help, Classy? I find that sometimes works when I have trouble sleeping.

It's grey and muggy so far today. I am half inclined to go back to sleep (was up for a couple of hours in the night).

Edited by Lagie
As Trystan would say, proofread, THEN post.

Posted (edited)

hey all! i've already been out and shopping.  got most of my order, and substitutions are back!  we asked for Pure Leaf iced tea, and got a different brand.  i wonder if hubby will like it.  i picked up two things in the store that they had listed as "out of stock" and they were right there on the shelf :blink:  but my favorite so far was the baking soda:  when i first place the order, i checked off 1 box for 16 ounces.  a few days later when i went on to add more items to my order, the 16-ounce box was out of stock, so i added a 32-ounce box to my order.  that'a a LOT of baking soda that i probably won't need.  i get there today, and the 32-ounce box was out of stock, so they game me TWO 16-ounce boxes. 🤦‍♀️ in normal times i could just go in and return one of the boxes, but that's kind of a hassle.  if it's not one thing, it's something else i guess. *sigh*

edit so i don't double-post: i tried some breeding, and one Bauta x Blancblack gave me a Bauta and the other pair gave me a Blancblack.  i've influenced them opposite genders, and maybe breeding the 2Gs will give me a Jester? XD  

and now i'm locked again.  when i'm unlocked in a few days, i'm stalking the other 4 biomes for those Pargulus pygmies.  i want the other two colors.  i also need more pinks.  maybe we need more tiers above platinum for more egg slots? Titanium trophy? then Diamond trophy?

Edited by trystan
to add an update

6 hours ago, trystan said:

maybe we need more tiers above platinum for more egg slots? Titanium trophy? then Diamond trophy?

Yeah, it's at times like this that I WISH! TJ has pretty much shot down the idea of more egg slots, though. But TJ -- when you give us seven pretty new dragons and two of them have variants, what are we supposed to do? It could take me months to collect my scroll goals of all of them!

10 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

It could take me months to collect my scroll goals of all of them!

see, my scroll goals are simple: at least one male/female pair of the dragons i want.  the more i want the dragon, the more of them i get.  simple.  ;) 

36 minutes ago, trystan said:

see, my scroll goals are simple: at least one male/female pair of the dragons i want.  the more i want the dragon, the more of them i get.  simple.  ;) 

That's pretty much mine, too. And some I do not have two of by choice. But these hybrids are going to take me a while, methinks.

And the ones I liked as hatchies, I'm not sure about as adults...

40 minutes ago, Lagie said:

But these hybrids are going to take me a while, methinks.

considering when i tried for the Jesters, i got one Bauta and one Blancblack, i agree.  i'm locked now, so i can't try for the other hybrid yet.