Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

Is this like a student placing type thing MP?

Edit: Finally!

EYYzrBRUwAA3Cqr?format=jpg&name=small

On to rabbit hunt.

Edited by Fortune86

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

Given that the shelter manager called me yesterday to check I'd seen the message from 5 p.m. Sunday, I got the impression they wanted it to start yesterday, as in with about 16 hours' notice. I told him we'd try for having it all in place for next week. The biggest hiccup is actually the hand sanitizer which is like gold right now and very hard to find on this island.

yikes.  insanity, i tell you!

office day for me.  it's not that bad.

20 hours ago, trystan said:

i did get some yarn and eyes for a LiMu Emu (one of Liberty Mutual's ad campaigns, it' amusing.) 

That is too funny! I am anxious to see it when you are finished!

16 hours ago, Lagie said:

Yes. Told. By the Board President and the shelter manager. Like they're the ones who will have to limit the numbers to three or four max at a time (on my second-to-last open day way back in March, we had over 100 people in four hours) and make sure they all have masks and all use sanitizer and all wait outside six feet apart, not to mention we are going to have to set time limits because our customers are used to browsing and chilling and chatting with their friends so have been known to stay for an hour or two or more. AND one of the housewares-allowed-to-be-open days (which is how they are justifying this) is a day I don't even normally WORK.

Sorry. I'm a bit flustered and put out by this...

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

I told him we'd try for having it all in place for next week. The biggest hiccup is actually the hand sanitizer which is like gold right now and very hard to find on this island.

How frustrating! Sounds like a near-impossible task. I don't suppose the board is offering to come and help with crowd control, either.

Hand sanitizer is at a premium everywhere, it seems. Hard to find and higher price than usual.

6 minutes ago, purplehaze said:
20 hours ago, trystan said:

i did get some yarn and eyes for a LiMu Emu (one of Liberty Mutual's ad campaigns, it' amusing.) 

That is too funny! I am anxious to see it when you are finished!

i can post it here when i'm done with him. although i'm envisioning more of just an emu with a yellow shirt and sunglasses XD

That will do. :)

Trigger ALERT! Found this black snake in one of my overgrown flower beds.  He's about 3 feet long. Guess I won't be clearing that bed any time soon.

Spoiler

20200519_123121.thumb.jpg.c30e047304f25142c0ae5a2f1c845107.jpg

Edited by purplehaze

6 hours ago, trystan said:

Indeed.

5 hours ago, purplehaze said:

How frustrating! Sounds like a near-impossible task. I don't suppose the board is offering to come and help with crowd control, either.

Hand sanitizer is at a premium everywhere, it seems. Hard to find and higher price than usual.

Help? With physical work? When it might put her high-risk husband at risk? Never.

But... we did snag hand sanitizer. And I got my social distancing 6' wait-in-line markers done.

20200519_144347.thumb.jpg.8c761e86a09b530dc92262cefd94893e.jpg

There are another six outside the gate along the sidewalk. We will experimentally open Friday.

Oh, and that snake is gorgeous. Is it venomous?

Edited by Lagie
Afterthought

4 minutes ago, Lagie said:
6 hours ago, trystan said:

Indeed

but yaay that you got your hand sanitizer and social distancing markers.

but shouldn't it be called "physical distancing"? or even "socializing distancing" - because we socialize, but from a distance

1 minute ago, trystan said:

but yaay that you got your hand sanitizer and social distancing markers.

but shouldn't it be called "physical distancing"? or even "socializing distancing" - because we socialize, but from a distance

Our PM alternates between physical and social. My brain seems to have settled on social, as in this dragon https://dragcave.net/view/geE1T and her pending description, but yes, it should be physical in the context of my stars.

Here's the description (with the newly-learned how to do spoilers by phone technique - I hope it works) -

Social Distancing was born during that time worldwide when all the humans in all the caves had to spend a protracted amount of time at home alone in order to prevent the spread of a highly infectious virus. Social is herself a very sociable dragon and loves to spend time with her fellow dragons and passing humans alike, so she knew it was going to be difficult for some of the humans to follow the new-to-them rules of keeping their distance from each other. While Stay at Home, the red dragon, made sure the humans stayed home when they were supposed to, Social took it upon herself to help the humans keep away from each other when they were allowed to be out. After all, it's hard to get too close to one's fellow humans when there's a sizeable dragon standing between you and them, insisting that you keep your distance.

7 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Here's the description (with the newly-learned how to do spoilers by phone technique - I hope it works) -

awesome description, i love it!

and yes, your spoiler bbcode worked.

31 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Oh, and that snake is gorgeous. Is it venomous?

He is much prettier when viewed outdoors like this one was. I encountered one in my downstairs bathroom a few years ago.

It is, I believe, what is known as an Eastern Ratsnake. We have always just called them Black Snakes. They are not venomous, but will strike if they feel threatened. This one was just chilling in the tall grass and day lilies and stayed long enough for me to get my phone and take his mugshot.

Edited by purplehaze

Ooh, I love your Dragon description Lagie.  Would that we really had dragons to make us behave during this time.  

That's a mighty big black snake.  Did I say I hate snakes?  There have been found in my back yard, cow snakes, garter snakes, and yikes...  a copperhead.  

Thanks! I have a whole Covid group going - https://dragcave.net/group/123557 The red is basically a flamethrower keeping people inside. XD

We are fortunate to have no venomous snakes here. Most Bahamians are excessively terrified of all snakes, though.

Morning peeps!

Today started with Darcy (my cat) losing a tooth. I thought he was choking 😧 He's ok now but the tooth was well rotten and I can't take him to the vets because they are all closed/only taking in emergencies. 

Good morning everyone!

My tooth is fixed \o/

And luckily it didn't break so bad that didn't need to get the numb injection thing XD

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee and toast*

Ouch. Tooth stuff is no fun, whether animal or human.

Sunny and warm, and I have a mosquito pestering me.

Good morning.

I feel as though I'm not on here as much as I was previously... I suppose it's just because I'm busier these days.

Good afternoon.

I'm bored...  but I have so much to do.  I think I'll just take a nap.

@Lagie I just named the little 2nd gen Z'cript I got from you and then looked at your Covid group and saw that you have one similarly named. XD

home day for me today.... and Rocky is officially official!

99426513_3518381528176906_3754960572542615552_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=z2rZfKNka-gAX-HWk_V&_nc_ht=scontent.fphl2-3.fna&oh=9ef5f5bee157edd82c8f51bea5ed46e7&oe=5EEAAA0A

Oh, my, gosh, I can't get over how much he looks like my Starfire.  So are Rocky and Blackie getting along yet?

aww.....

eh, kind of.  Blackie is still more interested in Rocky's food! and Rocky still growls at Blackie.  we think maybe Rocky's first few years (he's 3) may have been in an apartment and he might not have been brushed regularly, because he does have a matted tuft near the back of his neck.  he's quite skittish when he's out and about in the house, which he takes advantage of when Blackie is outside.  but when Blackie comes back in, Rocky's back in his room.  i think Blackie might want to get along with Rocky, but Rocky is still working on that.

Edited by trystan
clarification

I tried to find a free image hoster that actually worked with no luck.  I was hoping to post a picture.  

Edited by Classycal

if it's not a pic from facebook, i use imgur.com for my images.