Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

FFS. Finally get close to having enough money for a house deposit and now the roof needs fixing. £1500 it's going to cost.

Well, that's frustrating, Fortune, and really bad timing. :(

* cuffs Fortune* https://dragcave.net/view/Vf6T;)

The Zoom call with my dad went fairly well today, but we all seemed to be having internet issues.

They could hear the birds in my tree loud and clear, though! :D

So Zoom is having problems worldwide.  It has something to do with an update.  We could only hear this morning's devotional, but the sound was muffled.  

Good morning CPA.  

55 minutes ago, Classycal said:

So Zoom is having problems worldwide.  It has something to do with an update.  We could only hear this morning's devotional, but the sound was muffled.  

Good morning CPA.  

That's not good!

Neither of the services I watched this morning use Zoom. One was Facebook and the other Youtube.

Happy Sunday, CPA! B)

*sets out cheese omelettes*

I managed to actually sleep in this morning. I think the grey weather helped, though it is now lovely and sunny again.

Tropical Storm Arthur is well clear of the Bahamas now, thank goodness.

I'm on my second day of no phone (by choice). It's a nice change to not have it keep beeping and binging at me!

1 hour ago, Classycal said:

So Zoom is having problems worldwide.  It has something to do with an update.

that explains that! there were a lot of people at my Fellowship service who were just their names instead of their video. weird.

g'morning, Lagie!

20 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I'm on my second day of no phone (by choice).

i've finally put my Discord notifs from my various channels on silent, so i still get them, but my phone doesn't sound like R2D2 is cursing up a storm XD

Edited by trystan
to add stuff

*slips in to sneak an omelette*

I keep my phone off a lot of the time. I get tired of all the useless alerts for "breaking news", etc.

Sleeping in would be nice, if I could. I seem programmed now to wake up at about 5:45 no matter what and am unable to go back to sleep. I have never needed to get up that early -- save for a few scattered airport trips -- so don't know why my body now thinks it is the thing to do. :wacko:

when i go into the office, i'm up about 8:20 or so.  when i can turn off my alarms (it's easier to just keep them set, rather than turn them off and have to remember to reset them), i'll get up at like 10ish.  honestly, when i'm back in the office Mon-Thurs, i'm going to miss that.

*Sneaks off with an omelette.*

so i made mac & cheese for dinner.... but i made my own cheddar cheese sauce instead of using the Ragu sauce i used to use - i haven't seen it in the store since the beginning of April.  so i found a recipe online, and made it on my stove top.  when younger daughter (mind you, she's almost 19!) took a bite, she said it "tastes less fake" than the other sauces i've had.  XD :D 

Looks like the omelettes were a good choice! :D

I generally wake around 7 whether or not my alarm is set, hence my surprise at sleeping till 8:30.

Mehish.

My dad has decided to turn away the roofers when they come back today. They showed up on Saturday and just happened to see the damage to the roof. There most likely is damage up there that needs to be seen to, but he's going to ask a neighbour about the people she uses instead. I have my suspicions about Saturday's lot as I can't access there website and the only review I can find about them on trader's website is that they flytip.  

How's you? 

Edit: He's changed his mind. He's letting the roofers stay. 

Edited by Fortune86

Mmm... that is a bit concerning

As long as you guys just keep an eye on them.

Just stay safe!

I'm good but a bit nervous.

I've put my mattress back on my bed. I don't know how will Muggie take it

I'll have to leave that to my dad. I have to work at the back of the house and they are round the front. They want paying in cash so I keep reminding him to get a receipt.  

Can you have them on your lap? Daisy keeps trying to get up but she's a bit too big for this chair XD

This is for sleeping in the evenings.

She usually sleeps next to me but the bed plus the mattress is like just above my stomach in height

I take it one of the cats have claimed you?

I have a dog barking next to me cause she wants me to play XD

Funny my PS Vita doesn't want to connect to the internet

They jumped off XD

Roofer men are making roofer noises and I don't like it. 😧

Not getting a connection? 

Well hopefully they don't remove the roof! O.O

At first but I switched off and on again. I'm connected now