Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

Hey CPA!

@subwoofer Procrastination is my friend too

I've been reflecting on the fact that DragCave seems to have a lot more sane people than the rest of the internet. I'm not sure why...

Good morning!

Procrastination seems to be a very common occupation! Procrastinators of the world should unite -- tomorrow.

It is supposed to be warm and sunny here today, so I am hoping to get out and do some garden stuff. I planted a few things yesterday. I am just having trouble because my arm still hurts if I do too much and I can't tell what will set it off until too late! My son-in-law, bless him, came and dug the weeds up for me, which gives me a better chance of being able to get some veggies planted.

Governor Hogan has eased Maryland's restrictions starting at 5 pm tomorrow. Businesses that reopen must follow fairly strict guidelines that align with the CDC recommendations. I will not feel any safer out there -- in fact, less so until those measures are proven effective in preventing spread.

Edited by purplehaze

We should form a procrastinators society!  

Takes croissant.  Mmmm....

Edited by Classycal

46 minutes ago, Classycal said:

When we get around to it. XD Never do today what you can put off until tomorrow!

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:
2 hours ago, Classycal said:

When we get around to it. XD Never do today what you can put off until tomorrow!

i've been saying this for a while! XD 

today's a home day for me today.  but tomorrow (hopefully), i go back to my retail job for a 4-hour shift, but no customers XD i honestly don't know what i'll be doing, but i do know the store is open for Buy-Online-Pickup-Curbside.  the store provides masks and handwashing breaks, so that's a good thing.  i suspect i'll be putting merchandise from the trucks onto the shelves. 

it was really funny, one day last week - younger daughter (who also works at the same store i do) placed a Buy-Online-Pickup-Curbside order, and when she went to pick it up, the employee (our coworker) started to ask her for her license, then saw the name on the order, saw my daughter, and then said "nevermind" XD 

i do need to jokingly ask the manager when i might be able to return the yarn i'm not going to use.... i bought it because i had no idea how much of it i'd really need for my Geeky Heirloom blanket.  in the end, i bought a total (i think) 9 skeins.... and i have 6 left over. i'm never going to use those....

Donate it to your local charity thrift shop? XD

Urgh. One of our Board members is having a Facebook 'let's order the lackeys to do something I could do myself' meltdown, ordering me to do something I do not want to do.

I do not see why everyone needs to be an Admin at our shelter page when the Editors can do exactly what the Admins can do, bar one thing, and the people in question do not need to be able to do that one thing, in my estimation.

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

Donate it to your local charity thrift shop? XD

if i had a local charity thrift shop.  i mean, there is somewhere i could donate it, yes.  but also, i'd get almost $18 dollars back.... and these days, i can use that $18.....

wait, why is everyone an admin on your shelter page? that's dumb.

Edited by trystan
cause i can't add/multiply XD

ello peeps.

@fortune: that looks like such a happy gif, and yet I don't know how to process it. I just look at pooh and wonder how confused he is XP

Hey Scorpion!

That's is an appropriate reaction to dealing with me XD

It kinda fits cause I'm still in my pj's and still half asleep

Hi there WS!

13 hours ago, trystan said:

wait, why is everyone an admin on your shelter page? that's dumb.

Very.

3 hours ago, Fortune86 said:

SPIRIT!

tenor.gif

I'm ok. How's you?

Love this! :D

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee and toast*

LOTS of rain in the night. We have a tropical depression overhead. I hope I'm able to get to work.

18 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Yeah, one of these days...

32 minutes ago, Lagie said:

LOTS of rain in the night. We have a tropical depression overhead. I hope I'm able to get to work.

Hope you can get to work, too.

Hey CPA!

Am struggling to deny myself all of the treats as I won't be seeing boyfriend for maybe the next 6 months? lmao (though actually I'm not)

Good morning. *takes toast*

It's very foggy outside, and it was last night too. At least it's kind of warm. I hope you can get to work safely too, Lagie.

51 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Stay safe out there, Lagie!

3 minutes ago, Chicogal said:

Am struggling to deny myself all of the treats as I won't be seeing boyfriend for maybe the next 6 months? lmao (though actually I'm not)

Aw, that's too bad. *Hugs*

Gloomy morning here. Supposed to have a front moving through this afternoon bringing high winds and severe thunder storms.

We plan  to go out to the grocery store this afternoon, but I won't feel bad if we don't. I don't really need much of anything and I have a lot of anxiety about venturing out.

We also had a gloomy morning! Then it turned into blue skies and sunshine... But still cold 🥶

I have literally started stuttering when I go out because I'm not used to talking to strangers.

One of the sinks in my double kitchen sink is clogged and won't stay unclogged.  Arggghhhh....  Any suggestions?

3 hours ago, Classycal said:

One of the sinks in my double kitchen sink is clogged and won't stay unclogged.  Arggghhhh....  Any suggestions?

My first go-to for drains is boiling water, followed by baking soda and vinegar and then more boiling water when it stops fizzing. Doesn't work real well on solid clogs, though, like if there is something stuck in there or great gobs of hair in the bathroom sink drain. If it is just gunk it usually clears it up pretty well.

Edited by purplehaze

hey all! work day today for me...at my retail job!  we're not open to the public yet, but we do have curbside pickup.

as i posted in another thread (sorry if a few of you see this again), there were two people in a short time span who came in the vestibule area thinking we were open, and one lady asked when would be open.  honestly, i have NO idea.  and there were many calls asking if we were open-open or just curbside pick-up.  at least they called first. we had a few people who were out in the lot, placed their order, got the email that said it was processing, and then called to see if the order was ready yet.  i mean, we're good, but not that good..... (one of our stores has a turn-around time of 5 days!!)

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

My first go-to for drains is boiling water, followed by baking soda and vinegar and then more boiling water when it stops fizzing. Doesn't work real well on solid clogs, though, like if there is something stuck in there or great gobs of hair in the bathroom sink drain. If it is just gunk it usually clears it up pretty well.

Thanks!  I'll try that.  

The rain held up enough for me to get to work, and stayed drizzly enough that my shop yard did not flood! Huzzah.

People are still arriving expecting us to be fully open as usual. Blerg. And I had to remind three people about their masks (and it's not even an optional thing around here; it's law).