Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

@purplehaze on the flip side, I had good luck today and FINALLY got a 2g Tinsel from White. It was Chaosdawn's 20 Week Breeding Challenge prize. I have been breeding that Tin with every CB White I own since October and got the Tinsel I needed today, at long last! 

The dragons know these things! ;)

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

The rain has cleared, thankfully. And I get to be the pricing person at my shop for a change! :)

we have rain here... and it's COLD.  its 34F for me, and so there's a winter weather advisory for freezing rain for like the next two hours.

also - my covid test this morning was NEGATIVE! :D

52F here, and it says cloudy on my phone. But I can see the sun... Honestly. lol

YAY! GO TRYSTAN! 

heh thanks.  my boss says "let's not celebrate too early"... and that's because a woman at my other office tested negative on day 5, but positive on day 7.  today is day 5 or 6, depending on how you calculate it.  but she also said "If you are feeling fine, odds are in your favor." so there's that. :D 

6 hours ago, trystan said:

we have rain here... and it's COLD.  its 34F for me, and so there's a winter weather advisory for freezing rain for like the next two hours.

Okay, we got your snow, you got our freezing rain? We did not get any this morning in spite of "suggestion" that we would. I am grateful. Sorry if you got it, tho -- no one needs that!

Glad your test was negative -- hope it continues to be.

Eye doctor appointment went well this morning -- no real change from last year. Cataract still not bad enough for surgery. Don't need new glasses.

5 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

But still... YAY! I'm glad that you're feeling alright too~ ^^

yes - YAY! :D

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Glad your test was negative -- hope it continues to be.

i do too!  i'll be doing the second one friday, and that's more for peace of mind for me.

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Okay, we got your snow, you got our freezing rain?

are you suppoed to get more fun stuff thursday night/friday morning?  they're calling for us to actually get some white stuff.

meantime, i'll have to see what it looks like friday at 9:30 a.m., which is an hour before my JoAnn's interview.  i hope the weather behaves.

7 minutes ago, trystan said:

are you suppoed to get more fun stuff thursday night/friday morning?

Yep -- 2 to 5 inches.

7 minutes ago, trystan said:

i hope the weather behaves.

Good luck with that!

9 hours ago, trystan said:

Hooray! Hope the next one is, too.

As I shared in the Coronavirus thread... our receptionist is out, quarantining as her husband's positive, our adoptions coordinator is out, quarantining as her son's positive, and one of my volunteers did not come today as she's been exposed and is awaiting test results.  The Board is discussing closing the shelter to the public (but haven't said anything about my shop; seriously, I think they forget I even exist). [Blerg. It's been a while since I made the coronoavirus typo! XD ]

I think our customers missed us, though.  First day back after Christmas, and I expected people to be broke in January but we made over $1,100! :D

27 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Hooray! Hope the next one is, too.

oh i do too! :) 

yikes about everyone that's out, and yikes about the Board forgetting you exist! :blink:

but yaay for your day!

12 hours ago, Lagie said:

The Board is discussing closing the shelter to the public (but haven't said anything about my shop; seriously, I think they forget I even exist).

12 hours ago, Lagie said:

I think our customers missed us, though.  First day back after Christmas, and I expected people to be broke in January but we made over $1,100! :D

Seems like the board might realize you are around when you bring in that sort of income for them!

Good morning, CPA. Chilly here this morning. We actually had a sunrise with a visible sun for once, but the sky is mostly clouds, so I don't know how much we will see of it for the rest of the day.

4 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Seems like the board might realize you are around when you bring in that sort of income for them!

You would think so, but it doesn't seem to be the case. The two people who acknowledge us most are the accountant ( :) ) and one of the vets.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Stay warm!

We have sunny rain, which resulted in a full arc rainbow and partial double this morning as I arose.

1 minute ago, Lagie said:

We have sunny rain, which resulted in a full arc rainbow and partial double this morning as I arose.

I love when that happens! So pretty!

Nice to know that at least the accountant realizes your value. :)

55 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Nice to know that at least the accountant realizes your value. :)

:) And I see her daily where I seldom see the Board members, so it is nice. She also always thanks my volunteers when they pass her office.

I do hope this sunny rain eventually lets up. We have lots of stuff for the outside tables again (not to mention the masses of donations that we've 'stored' outside for lack of indoor space).

Hey CPA good to be back 💓

Had a rough last month of 2021… We had to rehome our cats, my partner suffered from Covid even though hes vaccinated and only went to work… I had a really rough time working in retail and ugh it wasn’t easy.

Hope you guys feel good? Let me know what i missed.

morning, err, afternoon all!

i'm back in the office today, and i made a list of everything i needed to catch up on the last three days, and it's pretty much all done!  i'm waiting for an email from my boss about one thing, and another thing has to wait until monday to be sent. woo!

i test again tomorrow, and i'm pretty sure it'll be negative again.  it's supposed to snow starting tonight, and we have a winter weather advisory until 10 a.m. tomorrow morning. i'm actually calling right now reschedule my interview tomorrow, hopefully later in day!

edit - hopefully it'll be at 1 in the afternoon! :D

Edited by trystan

4 minutes ago, trystan said:

i'm actually calling right now reschedule my interview tomorrow, hopefully later in day!

edit - hopefully it'll be at 1 in the afternoon! :D

If only the weather doesn't reschedule itself then! XD

Hubby and I are going out this afternoon to run a few errands that we had planned for tomorrow. That way if we get weather we don't have to worry.

3 hours ago, Venodeen said:

Had a rough last month of 2021… We had to rehome our cats, my partner suffered from Covid even though hes vaccinated and only went to work… I had a really rough time working in retail and ugh it wasn’t easy.

Welcome back.

Sorry you had a rough patch there. Hope things are better now.

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

oh yes.  i realise i'm taking a chance there!

On 1/3/2022 at 12:00 PM, Lagie said:

Our cases have gone nuts. Hope you're holding up okay. *hugs*

Me personally? Just about for now. My unit and the hospital? Barely. *hugs*

Really not enjoying this essay. 2000 words on HIV in pregnancy, using a case in Uganda as the case study. All things I know nothing about, and nowhere near high enough a word limit to cover it.

Edited by Kestra15

Can I bounce an Aeon egg off of someone to remove Influence?

3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I've lost just about all my hummingbird/butterfly plants between Winterstorm Uri, a rainy summer with a dry high temperature spell, and the recent week of 80 F. that dropped to 26 F. and 28 F. for two nights. Been up in the 70s today with another freeze tonight. Strangely, there's still green leaves on my blueberries and some fern fronds that escaped a pot alive. The oregano came through with just a little damage without any protection. It's planted in an old metal trashcan that was supposed to be for potatoes and casccades over the sides. I will never need that much oregano ever....

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

36 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Can I bounce an Aeon egg off of someone to remove Influence?

I can help.

On 1/5/2022 at 6:01 PM, trystan said:

Yay, no virus!

Spoiler

8RlqeH1ImpA.jpg.e511353fafc30b8cab4189528ab69bcf.jpg

Edited by Lost_Unicorn

1 hour ago, Lost_Unicorn said:

Yay, no virus!

the box comes with two tests and recommends the second test be a minimum of 36 hours later.  mine will be about 48 or so hours later, since i'm testing tomorrow morning.  i better still be negative. :P 

8 hours ago, Venodeen said:

Hope you guys feel good? Let me know what i missed.

Aww, bet you're missing the kitties. *hugs* Hopefully this month will be better for you.

5 hours ago, trystan said:

i test again tomorrow, and i'm pretty sure it'll be negative again. 

Fingers crossed!

4 hours ago, Kestra15 said:

Me personally? Just about for now. My unit and the hospital? Barely. *hugs*

Eeps. *hugs* Our health system went from 28 or so in hospital to 71 in about 6 days, and the hospital on this island has 100 staff off sick with Covid or quarantining. That's a lot of staff to be missing.

Good luck with the paper. Use longer words?

A normal Thursday, finally. The first one since November. (Normal = lulls between customers, no line up at the gate.)

@Syiren I catched a glimpse of a unicorn-like pokemon in your signature. What is it? I must know. It's not Rapidash. I am not sure if it's a dog or a pony.

Edit: I checked Rapidash on bulbapedia and found out that the 'mon in your signature was galarian Ponyta. It's cute! That was not a thing before.

Edited by Lost_Unicorn