Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

Ooh. Happy snowmanning later! Stay safe!

Heading out to a friend's for breakfast shortly. The dog went back to bed after our second walk (like, on the bed in the bedroom, rather than the living room which is her daytime default).

8 hours ago, Kestra15 said:

I didn't make any, if that helps!

Yeah, I can still make something, so it's not too bad.

Happy new year everyone! 🎉🎆

1 minute ago, Lost_Unicorn said:

Happy new year everyone! 🎉🎆

Happy New Year! I hope your holidays have been going well.

snow? it was supposed to do that here.  i don't see any XD 

and an update: i'm still fine.  boss (M-Th job, NOT where i was exposed) wants me to have a negative test before i go back to work (understandable).  which i can do tomorrow morning.  so i'm working from home today.

1 minute ago, trystan said:

snow? it was supposed to do that here.  i don't see any XD 

It seems to be tracking more south than they predicted, so I guess we are getting what you were supposed to get. XD The areas south of us are getting even more than we are. We have at least 4 inches at this point and it is still snowing quite hard.

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

It seems to be tracking more south than they predicted

this is why i call them weather suggestions XD 

one day last week my boss was a little miffed that the weather forecast was overcast, not sunny, so she dressed warm for her office.  turns out, there's the sun! and her office was warmer than she was dressed for.  i'm sorry, but i had a little giggle. XD 

This was my world today, although the sun actually only came out about 2 hours before sunset.

Spoiler

image.png.5d4702cc5a69ef62db4df55e484a792e.png

That's beautiful, but looks quite chilly.

Back to work tomorrow.

And stoopidly, we have another long weekend next weekend.

It's chilly here today. ❤️ No snow though, just rain last night. 

My brother got snow. He's in Illinois. His girlfriend got snow. She's in Alabama. I want some. 

so another update:
i’m still good.
someone in our other office tested positive, and has a scratchy throat is all. however, 5 days after exposure, she tested negative, and then 2 days later she tested positive.
SO - boss wants me to stay home and then test on Wednesday morning - which is day 5 for me. finally, on Thursday I’ll come into the office and get a few things done towards our quarterly reports and other things that will accumulate in the next few days, and the boss will stay home. then on Friday, i can test again (the test i have does supply two tests in a box).
this is a good thing for two reasons:

1 - i have that interview at JoAnn’s on Friday and
2 - while I’m “working from home” Tuesday and Wednesday, i don’t really have work to do (i don’t have links to the websites i need) - so essentially i have off.

more time for dragons! :D 

More time for dragons is always good! And minigames. ;)

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

From bright sunshine yesterday to totally cloudy and grey today. :P Silly weather.

clear here, and cold - 29F.  at this point, as long as it's not humid, i might not mind if it was 29C. XD 

i'm still good, but still home. i’m not liking all the things that wait for me on Thursday, but I’ve got them prioritized in my head, so that’s good..

We got about 5 inches of snow yesterday. The only reason I could get in to work this morning was because I cleared the snow off my fiancé's car last night before it frozen into ice. It was 17°F last night.

My dog is not a fan of being stuck inside with the cold weather. He is anxious and has chewed up 2 pairs of shoes in the last week. *headdesk and groans* I thought he was over this behavior but apparently he has regressed.

And now I have to go shoe shopping (which will take forever because I am very picky and get blisters if I buy the wrong shoes). *sigh* 

43 minutes ago, BringsTheSnow said:

We got about 5 inches of snow yesterday. The only reason I could get in to work this morning was because I cleared the snow off my fiancé's car last night before it frozen into ice. It was 17°F last night.

We got about 6 1/2 inches here. It was also around 16 last night. But we did not have to go out early this morning and now that the sun has been out for hours it is easier to clean off the cars. I do have an early morning eye appointment tomorrow that I hope I can get out for. The snowplow rolled a big boulder of snow up near my car. As long as they don't come by again to widen the lanes I will be okay to get out past it, but if they push it over and it freezes up I am out of luck.

6-1/2 inches of snow, purple?! remind me again what city you're near to? wow.

21 minutes ago, trystan said:

6-1/2 inches of snow, purple?! remind me again what city you're near to? wow.

A little southwest of Baltimore. Anne Arundel County. Areas south and east of us got even more!

Edited by purplehaze

I want a New Year's do-over. The first freeze of this winter was 25 F. a day after spending the night with the fan running.

That's extreme.

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

A little southwest of Baltimore. Anne Arundel County. Areas south and east of us got even more!

yeah, i thought you were near baltimore.  and yikes.

46 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

I want a New Year's do-over. The first freeze of this winter was 25 F. a day after spending the night with the fan running.

That's extreme.

yeah, that sounds like here too.

Yay. Hope you are well!

Rain, rain, go away.

Happy page 600! :D

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Yay. Hope you are well!

Gotta wait for the test to confirm that things are well~ But it went alright. 

38°F here and cold. Brr... Bundle up. 

Temps are dipping into the teens here again tonight and will refreeze all the melted snow, making for icy conditions -- then to make matters worse they are calling for freezing rain in the morning. Hubby's labwork, which was scheduled for yesterday, cancelled and rescheduled for tomorrow, may get cancelled again. We shall see. And my eye doc appointment early tomorrow morning could be questionable if we get the kind of weather they are predicting.

Life is so hard! I just bred 2 z-codes as I was trying to breed gifts for my Secret Santa recipient. 2/3 of the bred eggs I got were z's. *taps foot annoyed* Why do they only pop up at the most inconvenient times!

7 minutes ago, BringsTheSnow said:

Life is so hard! I just bred 2 z-codes as I was trying to breed gifts for my Secret Santa recipient. 2/3 of the bred eggs I got were z's. *taps foot annoyed* Why do they only pop up at the most inconvenient times!

Happened to me today, too. Had a request from someone for a special egg for their SS giftee. I had been trying to breed z-codes from my z-dragon breeding stock all afternoon and got nothing. So of course that egg had a z-code! They know -- I swear, they know!