Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

2 for me, and my best friend is making 2 as well. And they're fairly small, so it shouldn't take long. 

two little amis doesn't seem that bad....once the pain goes away.

meanwhile, i'm making a million (read: 900) little squares for this silly blanket.  who's idea was that anyway?? (oh right - mine.) but on the other hand, i have 517 more to make, so i'm almost 1/2 way done..... XD 

Are the squares for your blanket join-as-you-go, or do you have to stitch them together?

I really hate doing amigurumi! I made a really cute little lion for my granddaughter, but it is generally something I avoid!

8 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Are the squares for your blanket join-as-you-go, or do you have to stitch them together?

join -as-you-go. always.

the first time i made a blanket with squares, i made all the squares and then looked at this pile and said "i have to do what now??"

every modular blanket after that has always always always always been join-as-you-go. always.

i'll post a pic when i'm done with this row i'm working on :) 

also - i'm all caught up on my tv shows!  but i'll be behind again because i have shows that aren't on my tv (thanks CBC and BBCA), so i have to wait until they're on the sketchy website i have a link to XD 

Edited by trystan

3 minutes ago, trystan said:

join -as-you-go. always.

the first time i made a blanket with squares, i made all the squares and then looked at this pile and said "i have to do what now??"

XD Yeah, me too! And it wasn't even a blanket -- just a vest!

Edited by purplehaze

9 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

XD Yeah, me too! And it wasn't even a blanket -- just a vest!

i've actually not made a vest yet.  i was working on a sweater for NaCroSweMo, but i need to finish this blanket first.  then i can finish the sweater.

Edited by trystan

Hunh. Learn something every day. *looks up amigurumi*

Busy shop day again. It's only the 19th and we've reached five digits so far for the month.

I successfully trapped the Siamese-y male cat that's been hanging out around my shop. He'll be neutered and released to a different cat colony.

That's so many! I love making them, but I hate the magic circle at the beginning. I can either get it perfectly, or not at all. And then I get frustrated. lol

Yeah, he's HUGE. His name is Clyde. He's my friend, and I love him. lol

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

Hunh. Learn something every day. *looks up amigurumi*

I too looked it up, lol. Those are really cute though! I tried crochet several times, but I struggle ALOT with it. 

@AsymDoll13 I hope you feel better soon. I can relate, I was recently diagnosed with carpal tunnel in both hands/wrists as a side effect from working in a metal stamping/molding facility for 3 years. Hand/wrist pain is the worst.

I like crochet, and usually my hands don't hurt. I'm not sure what I did, but my doc yesterday didn't seem worried. So.... 

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Hunh. The ones I thought were Daleks say Dalek in their web address but say Pterodactyl and Triceratops as their label.

I was curious so I took a look, and indeed they do. Further reading has indicated that that is what they named these particular Daleks

8 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Hunh. The ones I thought were Daleks say Dalek in their web address but say Pterodactyl and Triceratops as their label.

5 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

I was curious so I took a look, and indeed they do. Further reading has indicated that that is what they named these particular Daleks

yes and yes.

i made those for my older daughter, who has made a LOT of little Daleks.  she's extermafriends on instagram XD 

21 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

That's so many! I love making them, but I hate the magic circle at the beginning. I can either get it perfectly, or not at all. And then I get frustrated. lol

i LOVE the magic ring - i use it for everything from amis to granny squares :D 

7 minutes ago, trystan said:

who has made a LOT of little Daleks

She has!

I can't crochet.

*poofs as her phone needs charging*

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:

She has!

I can't crochet.

maybe i can teach you!

g'night!

2 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

I'm so bad at it! I've tried. It's the worst. 

complete contrast to me.  i love it. :D 

25 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

I hope you feel better soon. I can relate, I was recently diagnosed with carpal tunnel in both hands/wrists as a side effect from working in a metal stamping/molding facility for 3 years

Ow.

14 minutes ago, trystan said:

Stop that immediately.

3 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:
18 minutes ago, trystan said:

Stop that immediately.

you want to stop an avalanche? XD 

Lineage progress:

Rainbow Connections has stalled out because my Almerald and Brimstone won't give me an Almerald egg, I just keep getting brimstones lol

Cosmic Castaway has made some decent, albeit chaotic, progress. I need 1 green, red, and blue CB Nebulas to start on the middle section, I have the 1 purple I needed, and now have, 2 Cb Celestials, I CB Bleeding Moon egg, and 1 Female Elux Lucis.

and am egglocked because I keep finding things in the cave that I don't have yet lol

4 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

and am egglocked because I keep finding things in the cave that I don't have yet lol

This is my life. Help. 

1 hour ago, AsymDoll13 said:

This is my life. Help. 

As the mods would say: Deal with it. :P

1 hour ago, IzzyCat91 said:

because my Almerald and Brimstone won't give me an Almerald egg

Because that is a crazy combo. Almeralds go with ... almost nothing at all. 

I don't breed Alemeralds.

UPVOTE FOR RAINBOW READING!!!! 🌈

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

*spreads wings and flares flames to look bigger, therefore bigger and scarier*

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise