Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

So many cats... And between us, my best friend and I have 6 piggies. Too many. Help. lol

I have 3 cats myself, all boys. There's Tybalt, my two year old tabby, and then the brothers, Puck and Manny, also tabbies, who are just about 8 months old now (But they are LONG boys)

Edited by IzzyCat91

2 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

So like 20? lol

2 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Closer to 10.

if a "few" is three, a few few would be 9.  plus 2, which is 11.  the newest two are foster fails. XD 

30 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

You've done passed the Crazy Cat Lady mark. The cutoff point was 8.

of course it was ;) 

9 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

I love that you foster and still have kitties! I love it! ^^

nope, we don't foster anymore. XD 

i mean, technically we fostered Rocky when we got him from the shelter in april 2020, but only because they weren't open for adoptions.  ours was always the intention to adopt him.  same with Angel in December 2020/January 2021.  we didn't know her history and neither did the shelter, and she could have been a problem kitty... but she's just a cranky old lady (she's 14).

we had a snafu with a kitty we were going to adopt at the end of october (2021), and we really didn't need any more cats (we had 9 at this point), but hubby wasn't fond of leaving Nicholas at the shelter.  and then when he described the shelter conditions - small building, small cages.... and then we found out Nicholas had a brother, Aemon.  so we decided to foster them both, knowing full well how it would turn out.  Aemon wasn't here even a week before we declared them foster fails and officially adopted them XD 

I'm glad that you fostered then. I've never done that, but I'm positive I'd never be able to let them go. 

I miss my cat now... My Gilbert. :( He ran away earlier this year, and I have zero idea where he went. 

oh no! {{hugs}}

we 2 cats.... they're no longer with us, they liked to go on walkabouts sometimes. all of our cats used to be indoor/outdoor,  Blackie is our last one. everyone else is now indoor (unless they're on a harness and leash with a hooman too)

but Nyx went missing for about a week once, and it turned out that parents of a friend of younger daughter had found her.

Jody was also good at going on a walkabout,  I think once he was gone for a few weeks, hubby would remember better than I would.  but somehow Jody found his way home. 

Tybalt just randomly showed up on my doorstep last winter....we lived on the third story of an apartment complex (Our front door was still outside though, sort of like a balcony type deal). I heard something strange at my door, realized it was mewing, thought it was my neighbors indoor/outdoor cat, Evo. When I open the door, I find this tiny cat on my mat. He was really sweet and friendly and when I sat down next to him he immediately crawled into my lap and went to sleep. I walked the whole complex looking for his owner and no one would claim him, but several told me he had been around for months and they had been feeding him. We think he was dumped in the woods out behind the complex 😕 So, I took him to the vet and checked for a chip. Nada. So I kept him and he has been the best boy (except for sneaking extra food when he had the auto feeder, leading to him being 17 lbs now. He is on a diet, but he's still chunky)

Puck and Manny came to us this past may right after we moved to a bigger unit because my one coworker's cat had gotten out before they took her to get fixed and had an accidental litter. They were the last 2 and no one would adopt them, all the shelters were full, and even the pound refused them due to overcrowding, so he was going to take them to his cabin and dump them in the woods because he didn't know what else to do. So I adopted kittens for the first time lol and it has been an adventure let me tell you. Puck has chosen me as his human and Manny aka Mister Man, chose my partner. Tybalt loves anyone who will love on him.

I had Gilbert from when he was a baby. I bottlefed that little butt. He was so weird. lol

My brother's cat Popo went missing right before, and then Gilbert. Luckily my baby girl Kiki is safe and with another friend to keep her safe. She's so happy. 

that's similar to how we got our first cat August all those years ago (1995).  he was at our apt complex, meowing at everyone and we asked the landlord of he knew who the cat belonged to. landlord said he didn't know, but if we adopted him, he'd waive the pet fee attached to the rent.

August (and Tiger and Jody) moved with us two years later when we got our first house, which was quite close to the apartments XD

also, rule #1: cats are weird.  I do believe it's their default mode. all of out cats have done many things that cause me to say, "you're so weird" to them 

Edited by trystan

Why yes. Yes they are. Now I've "adopted" my best friend's cat (well, when I'm at their house). Pippin sticks to me like glue. He's precious. 

Tybalt has a strange meow and will randomly just yell (had the vet check him out when he started doing that. She says he's fine just...mouthy lol), Puck is just....odd at times, Manny has a foot fetish lol

I have Haar, Gloaming, and Ghost who live in my back patio. Ghost is a chonky cat. Gaspard, a stray, comes to eat most days. Mama (H&G's mom, also a stray) comes when she's hungry. Out front, I feed Jenny (who belongs to someone in the 700 block), Ginger (neighbour's cat, technically), and Harley (seems to be loosely owned by another 700 block unit).

At my shop, I have Whiskey (cat) and Foxtrot (dog), and a Siamese-looking fellow who isn't ours but thinks he is.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

It's windy and a bit grey.

Edited by Lagie

Had some open egg slots today so I tried my hand at hybrid breeding. I was rewarded with a Nobelshield and an Ultraviolet :3

Congrats! :)

I always forget to do my hybrid breeding.

I aim to have 1 of each dragon (where applicable). So 1 of each gender per species AND each variant. I'm a bit of a completionist lol which is why I was so bummed about the Christmas dragons the other day. I will never be able to have all 3 variants.

I am thinking of reorganizing my scroll set up, but not sure how. Is daunting because I don't want to mess up my lineages, but also am unhappy with the current state of it?

Got a good chunk of Christmas shopping planned out and in the cart (gonna wait til Friday when I get paid to check out) Just have 5 more people to figure out gifts for.

I'm off to bed, back to work today and tomorrow. Have a good one all and be safe/stay warm!

Edited by IzzyCat91

Hi guys! This is BringsTheSnow. I lost access to my old forum account . Turns out I forgot to update the email address it was tied to and now can't do a password retrieval. This is the new me now... 

I missed you all! I didn't realize how much I am on the forums until I was locked out. Last time I had access was Saturday and it has been horrible 😭