Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

10 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

@trystan Any luck on AP and squares? Yay for breedings!

haven't looked at the AP ..... and 5 squares so far, i'm working on #6 XD 

oh - i did add two more dragons to my Doctor Who list, i just need to figure out who to breed for Dan.  and then i guess find a random Vremya for Vinton. XD 

Edited by trystan

48 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Hope the call went well! Good Luck with the lineage. Lemme know if I can help in anyway.

Zoom call went well. Granddaughter was there for the first part of it, but she wandered off when we started planning Thanksgiving dinner. XD

We are doing Thanksgiving together this year. We will be at my daughter's house, but I am cooking the turkey. Plan to do it the day before, carve it and put it in a baking pan to reheat. I have a friend who says her family does that all the time and it works well.

i'm cheating.  Purdue makes "Short Cuts" - pre-cooked packages of strips of chicken (with different seasonings) as well as turkey.  yep, cheating. XD 

5 minutes ago, trystan said:

i'm cheating.  Purdue makes "Short Cuts" - pre-cooked packages of strips of chicken (with different seasonings) as well as turkey.  yep, cheating. XD 

XD No shame in that. I've never seen their turkey. I have had the chicken, though, and it is good. Do what you can get away with, I say!

12 minutes ago, trystan said:

I legit almost ordered a premade one from one of the local stores, but that means I'd have to drive the 30 minutes to and from on Thanksgiving day to get it and bring it home. I have no good reason to not cook my own, I'm off the day before and all so *shrug* wish me luck, I've never cooked the turkey before lol

3 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

I have no good reason to not cook my own, I'm off the day before and all so *shrug* wish me luck, I've never cooked the turkey before lol

Good luck. To be honest, the turkey is the easiest part of the whole meal. What is always hard for me is organizing things so everything is ready reasonably close to the same time.

I don't have to cook, since my family friend is hosting it. But my friend and I are bringing cookies~ (probably bought... I dunno yet. xD)

18 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

XD No shame in that. I've never seen their turkey. I have had the chicken, though, and it is good. Do what you can get away with, I say!

woo hoo! okay then, NOT cheating XD 

(and yes, the chicken IS good.  i get the rotisserie flavor)

11 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

I legit almost ordered a premade one from one of the local stores, but that means I'd have to drive the 30 minutes to and from on Thanksgiving day to get it and bring it home. I have no good reason to not cook my own, I'm off the day before and all so *shrug* wish me luck, I've never cooked the turkey before lol

good luck.

my mom would always start it the night before and it would cook all day (at a low temperature). and just fall off the bone when it was dinner time.

3 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

I don't have to cook, since my family friend is hosting it. But my friend and I are bringing cookies~ (probably bought... I dunno yet. xD)

oooh cookies!

i'm making chocolate chip cookies for our chanukah celebration :D 

Edited by trystan

oooh gods these cats

I bought them new food bowls and new litter. They wouldn't touch the food in the bowls at first, i had to put frickin' treats in them to get them to even ATTEMPT eating out of them (food is gone now btw) and I bought natural pellet litter instead of the gritty stuff I've been getting because they were out at the store today and my cousin suggested it since is what she uses for hers. Instead of using the litter, THEY'RE FRICKIN' PLAYING WITH IT AND NAPPING IN IT!! *faceplam* man, just, ugh. I even put litter attractant in it and everything. Here's hoping they figure it out and don't potty on my floors

what kind of food bowls?  most of our cats use a "whisker relief" bowl - it doesn't really have sides so they can get all the food.  it's actually helped two of our cats not drop food on the floor any more :D 

Just small little ceramic bowls, they aren't very deep (they're actually more shallow/smaller than the ones they WERE using) idk what the issue was lol

Rice bowls?

We forced the cats to accept pelletized horse bedding $6/40 lbs from Tractor Supply, but sometimes had to sprinkle water on it so the pellets would break apart. Much cheaper than clay cat litter. And less stinky.

Cats = lived too long with HOOMUNS, got weird.

I've raised loads of babies, but most are not my species. And I'm burned out.

Still baby chickens are hard to resist.

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

nope just little ceramic cat bowls I found while looking for litter. Hang on maybe I can upload a pic...

Edit: ok got it.

Height:

Spoiler

eXhWgSY.jpg

Depth:

Spoiler

Vm2BHgs.jpg

the old bowls for the kittens were silicone, but twice as big and deep. My big boy's bowl was just the catch basin from his auto feeder I removed when we stopped using said auto feeder (cuz he's a jerk and learned he could pry the door of it open and eat non stop while we were at work all day 😕 ). I'st very big, but shallow,  and gets pushed around too easily when he eats, resulting in him having to chase the bowl if he manages to push it away from the wall I have it set against lol he also tends to spill kibble in his haste to gulp it down, because is shallow. So, I thought getting them nice, little, easily accessible, mildly weighty bowls would be a welcome improvement. They seem to be ok with them now, it was just weird that they hesitated when I put food in. These boys always eat like I'm starving them, so them pausing was odd.

Edited by IzzyCat91

In other pet news, I just weighed my guinea pigs! One of them is 1000+ grams and the other is 500+ grams! He's so tiny! xD

@trystan Is absolutely possible, and if they have too hard of a time adjusting, we'll switch back.

I don't think I ever introduced my boys to you guys. My big boy is Tybalt, he's a weird tan-ish color with black stripes AND spots, white belly and toes. Puck is my long boy (was the runt of his litter and now he's HUGE). He's solid dark grey with a spot of white on his chin, a white belly, and white toes. He also has very faint black stripes you can only see in certain light. His brother, Mister Man, aka Manny, is completely solid dark grey with the same kind of faint stripes Puck has.

This was taken a week after the kittens came to live with us (they are twice as big now lol)

Spoiler

Z2JASDf.jpg

Edited by IzzyCat91

Thanks, I love the little buttheads too :3 I never planned on having three, but, here we are lol

I would love to see your guinea pigs! (If you don't mind)

I use to have some as a kid, it's been YEARS though.

Spoiler

258504074_281716003894351_873961782339441335_n.jpg.ee74ba6cfb41cc22474003b30b287d6a.jpg

I have two. Kris (the big one) and Duncan (the little one). Both are brats, and Duncan would sit with me constantly if he could. He's a mama's boy. 

Sorry for the potato quality. lol

Aw, I love them! We had a little golden/blonde dwarf teddybear guinea pig when I was a kid. We thought it was male but....well, we had accidental babies lol I can't for the life of me remember her name though.  Sheila? Shawna? Something like that. Sweet girl for the longest time, and then she started biting, and when the littler ones started getting hurt, my foster mom got rid of her.

Edit: Yay! Tybalt used the new litter! Maybe now the babies will take a shot at it.

Edited by IzzyCat91

Aw.... My Duncan is only around 7 months old? I think. And Kris is probably almost 3 now. Oh my god. Time flies... wow. 

41 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

We thought it was male but....well, we had accidental babies lol I can't for the life of me remember her name though.  Sheila? Shawna? Something like that.

I had a hamster growing up named Clara. It wasn't until more than a year after we got Clara that we realized he was a boy... the name stuck though! 

So, I start back at uni today - 3 weeks to complete my Diploma in Tropical Nursing.

My student flat has no heating. In winter. Curses.

@BringsTheSnow - our dragon was called Alice when we got her, as she reminded my wife of the titular Alice in Wonderland. Then six months later Alice was finally big enough to be gendered...

Edited by Kestra15