Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

oh that's a fun puzzle, Lagie!!

i just learned - because i looked up a character from Dragonlance - that there's another "classic" Dragonlance trilogy in the works, and that book 1 might be published this year!!!! woo hoo!!!  now i just have to figure out where the link is to get on a mailing list for Dragonlance like i am for Dune.... 🤔

It's amazing what one can be on lists for these days.

If you ever get a chance, read The Paris Library by Janet Skeslien Charles. It's excellent! And Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli which I'm a little surprised to realize I hadn't read before.

heh no worries, I don't read all prior chat before jumping in lol my bad

I wish I was on less lists, medical ones at least haha.. in the UK we have a 4 year waiting list for the GIC and I started crying in the docs office when she told me.. yeesh. Not sure why i'm sharing here, guess I'm still too embarrassed to admit i'm trans to my IRL friends but need to get it off my chest (literally)

You can sometimes find a mailing list sign up on official websites so see if there's one for it?

55 minutes ago, Lagie said:

It's amazing what one can be on lists for these days.

44 minutes ago, Roseora said:

You can sometimes find a mailing list sign up on official websites so see if there's one for it?

the books are written by two authors - and they're both on twitter and goodreads, so i'm following them in both places! my money's on seeing an email alert from goodreads before twitter, since i pay more attention to books than tweets

55 minutes ago, Lagie said:

If you ever get a chance, read The Paris Library by Janet Skeslien Charles. It's excellent! And Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli which I'm a little surprised to realize I hadn't read before.

i'll take a look at them and see what i think!  

i'm picking up three books from the library tomorrow after work! :blink:

edit: i have the two Stargirl books on my list to get from the library..... at some point when i don't have a million other books at once! XD 

44 minutes ago, Roseora said:

Not sure why i'm sharing here

there's a bit of anonymity on the internet, so people seem to be more their authentic selves with people they don't know and who don't know them so there's no judging you now vs before? just my thought, don't know if it's accurate or not....

Edited by trystan

45 minutes ago, Roseora said:

I wish I was on less lists, medical ones at least haha.. in the UK we have a 4 year waiting list for the GIC and I started crying in the docs office when she told me.. yeesh. Not sure why i'm sharing here, guess I'm still too embarrassed to admit i'm trans to my IRL friends but need to get it off my chest (literally)

Sorry to hear. Must be beyond frustrating.

And now I need to be the one to ask -- what does GIC stand for? Google was no help! (Guaranteed Investment Certificate seems very unlikely in the context you used it in, as did all the other possibilities that came up!)

@Lagie That does look like a fun puzzle to do. I am seriously impressed that you do a 1000 piece puzzle in one day, though.

gender id clinic.

Although investment certificates sound much more interesting.

Afternoon everyone!

Sorry for being missing.

Half of our designing teams in the other provinces are ill so we have triple the work load now

9 hours ago, purplehaze said:

That does look like a fun puzzle to do. I am seriously impressed that you do a 1000 piece puzzle in one day, though.

Well, I have little social life :P and this was a 'simple' 'match the piece to the lunchbox' one.

52 minutes ago, DragonSpirit009 said:

Afternoon everyone!

Sorry for being missing.

Half of our designing teams in the other provinces are ill so we have triple the work load now

That sounds stressful. Stay safe, Spirit!

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Sunny. I wonder how long that will last.

*snugs* Hi DS!

Finished my nights, now over the post-night hangover. Which means it's admin day - housework, shopping, laundry, all the unfun parts of adulthood.

At least one of our geckos is gravid, so also waiting for eggs (again).

Edited by Kestra15

Oh I hope they get better soon. 0.0

Aww does that mean baby geckos soon? :D

Hopefully. The oldest laid an egg a few months ago that was sadly destroyed within 24hr, and she was gravid with a second egg but we never found any evidence of it at all. So we'll just wait and see about this one; if it ends up laid somewhere obvious and easy to get to I might protect it til it hatches, but we'll debate on that if it happens.

Edited by Kestra15

5 hours ago, DragonSpirit009 said:

Sorry for being missing.

Dang, you got loose. Need moar locks on that door.

5 hours ago, Lagie said:

and this was a 'simple' 'match the piece to the lunchbox' one.

it's things like this that cause my hubby to call me the Puzzle Queen.  i match colors and small sections of a puzzle that i know just go together.  hubby's mind doesn't work that way.

had a 6-month Drs appointment today.  at least when she took my blood pressure it was 150/80, not 160/100 like when i first got there! :blink: i mean, i have a half-hour drive and part of it is on a highway, so that doesn't always help. XD i also got my second dose of shingles vaccine, so hopefully i'll never need that again.  (also saw a blurb of a NYTimes article yesterday that suggests if you've had one of the mRNA covid vaccines (Pfizer or Moderna) you just might not need a booster.  they're still learning stuff about that one though, so there's that.)

and yesterday, my boss made a comment that only an anti-vaxxer could say.  so back last spring, my cousin's daughter suddenly died.  she was only 22.  i'm sure there was an autopsy done, and i'm sure her parents have decided that only they need to know about that.  but her unveiling is on sunday, july 11, so i've requested off from my retail job.  i was telling my Mon-Thurs boss that i have off the next two sundays, and since i usually close sundays, the closing Manager on Duty (who no one likes) won't be too happy about that (she'll get over it, i'm entitled to my days off XD)  so when i told her why i was off on the 11th, and that my cousin's daughter had died in April of 2020 - it wasn't covid - and that she was only 22, my boss just asks "did she have the vaccine?"  and i'm like - it was April 2020.  took my boss longer than it should have to realise that was right at the beginning of all this..... but the fact that my boss hears "young person died" - her first thought is "were they vaccinated for covid?" - cause her next conclusion is that the vaccine caused the death. uhm.... what tf?? 🤯

in dragon news, i'm going to see if i can't get a Pennybright out of my coppers in about an hour! 🍀

(unveiling?)

And aw, sorry. :( I hope you and your family will be ok.

Yeesh your boss sounds tactless..

And I know nothing about gecko breeding, I guess gravid is like pregnant/expecting an egg?

If it does survive and hatch, you gotta share pictures. :D

@Roseora - yeah, my boss is a bit of a Karen.  oh wait, that's actually her name too!

an unveiling is a jewish custom that's generally about a year after someone dies (could be sooner, could be later, in this case (as well as with my dad's) it's a little later) the headstone really does get unveiled - there's usually some kind of gauzy cloth that covers it in the meantime.  so there's a mourner's prayer that i believe has to be said at three times in the synagogue by the mourners throughout the year at various holidays and such, and the unveiling is any time after the third time the prayer is said.

and yeah, i think my cousin and his family (wife, two sons) are hanging in there.

in dragon news!!  i THINK i have two pennybrights - they're under my black Caron dragon, if someone can confirm? my scroll is trystan830, or a click on the purple banner! thanks! :D

Edited by trystan

26 minutes ago, trystan said:

in dragon news!!  i THINK i have two pennybrights - they're under my black Caron dragon, if someone can confirm? my scroll is trystan830, or a click on the purple banner! thanks! :D

Since they are fogged I can't help you there. But if you have other Coppers and do a temporary breed sort using the dropdown on your scroll page they will sort under the verdigris ones if they are pennies.

Note to self - if you want an egg to hatch you actually have to put it in hatcheries. :P

It didn't stay sunny, but at least it didn't rain.  Hot and humid.

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Since they are fogged I can't help you there. But if you have other Coppers and do a temporary breed sort using the dropdown on your scroll page they will sort under the verdigris ones if they are pennies.

yeah, sorry about that..... i'd asked over on discord and then i wanted to hide them cause i didn't want everyone viewing them.  someone over on discord did say the two fogballs (unfogged now) are pennybrights..... so i did a temp breed sort - and the two fogballs have been confirmed as Pennybrights. if i had the other copper egg sort above the verdigris one - and below my orange one - does that mean it's another orange one?  💡!  does it sort by the order they are on the encyclopedia page?

27 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Note to self - if you want an egg to hatch you actually have to put it in hatcheries. :P

yeah, that's definitely a good way to get an egg hatched! :lol:

hot, humid, and all around ick outside for me.  heat advisory goes through tomorrow night.

Edited by trystan

3 hours ago, Roseora said:

Yeesh your boss sounds tactless..

And I know nothing about gecko breeding, I guess gravid is like pregnant/expecting an egg?

If it does survive and hatch, you gotta share pictures. :D

Tactless and a moron who needs to be punched. I'm sorry to hear about all that Trystan, that's really horrible.

Gravid = expecting an egg. They're small enough you can see them growing inside!

9 minutes ago, Kestra15 said:

Tactless and a moron who needs to be punched. I'm sorry to hear about all that Trystan, that's really horrible.

thanks Kestra

it's comments like that which is why i don't really talk to her about stuff that's not work related

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Sunny and warm.

I slept well, I think, so I'm not sure why I'm sleepy.

91F with an excessive heat warning - it feels like 100F out there. ick. i'm hopefully leaving early, so i can go with younger daughter to her dentist appointment.

i bred round 1 of sapphires and dropped them to the AP - there's a thread on here; On Wednesdays We Wear Pink - i can post a link later on this evening if anyone's interested in watching for Pink Sapphire departures.

i bred round 1 of my florets and got Pink Alstros.  also on the AP. *sigh*

the new spotted teal drakes are awesome. :D

I got up early this morning to walk with my friends. We tried to start out early enough to beat the heat. Fortunately the path we chose was nice and shady, so it wasn't unbearable even with the heat and humidity. The bikers were all out early, too, though, so we had to keep our eyes and ears open!

I finally caught my first post-birthday release CB Sapphire the other day. I don't need any more CB blue ones, so I tossed it to the AP. Someone will get a nice pink egg. I will breed some nice 2nd gen ones later today to send off, too.

After trying unsuccessfully for a couple of days to catch the rest of the Sabertooth drakes that I need, I was finally able to grab 3 more last night and this morning, so I am good with those. I will concentrate on the hybrid now, plus all the backlog of stuff I'm missing, going all the way back to the last Xeno release!

Drakes are just the best dragon type after xenos. 

And some people are like that; everyone has that one person in their lives who will say the worst possible thing in any given situation. Cue my friend telling me not to take my hamster to the vet because 'a new one would be cheaper'. They're not the person you should want to share too much of your hardships with, so you're right. Keep them at arms lengh.

Although once you've had time to heal their stupidity can be funny in hindsight.

And aww :3 geckos are just so cute I can't even 0.0  They're like teensy real life dragons!!

52 minutes ago, Roseora said:

Cue my friend telling me not to take my hamster to the vet because 'a new one would be cheaper'.

:blink: Let's just change that word 'friend' to 'someone I know'. 

Busy shop day again.  And it was a slow-moving-time day, too.  I'm exhausted.