Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

Good afternoon everyone!

Man today is so stressful. Manager is away on leave so I had to take care of the newspaper. Sadly I missed the deadline with 15 minutes T.T

The honeybees have arrived to try to drink the hummingbird feeders dry. And among them are some yellowjackets that are the same size and color, but don't have the fuzz.

3 hours ago, Lagie said:
13 hours ago, trystan said:

would you like a pair, depending what dragons give me?

Yes, please, somewhen down the line. Thanks!

i'll put a note on my spreadsheet! :D

2 hours ago, DragonSpirit009 said:

Manager is away on leave so I had to take care of the newspaper. Sadly I missed the deadline with 15 minutes T.T

gah, frustrating! {{hugs}}

Floret breeding in about a half-hour, and then again at 11-something p.m. tonight. i'm still after that elusive Wine/Peach Iris Floret!

also, yellowjackets and wasps are just jerks.

Edited by trystan

Hello CPA! It's a lovely day... for snails and slugs and earthworms, that is. But at least I don't have to water the garden.

Once again, an entire herd of sheep decided a different pasture's grass was greener, and walked out of their fence (parts of which had apparently fallen down). When their guardian llamas realized all the sheep had left, they ran after them and joined them eating that greener grass.

(I texted the owner, and I guess someone came and guided them into an area with an unbroken fence.)

9 hours ago, DragonSpirit009 said:

Good afternoon everyone!

Man today is so stressful. Manager is away on leave so I had to take care of the newspaper. Sadly I missed the deadline with 15 minutes T.T

Aww. That's a lot to load onto one graphic designer.

6 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

The honeybees have arrived to try to drink the hummingbird feeders dry. And among them are some yellowjackets that are the same size and color, but don't have the fuzz.

Either you have tiny hummingbirds or massive yellowjackets. :blink:

4 hours ago, Confused Cat said:

When their guardian llamas realized all the sheep had left, they ran after them and joined them eating that greener grass.

(I texted the owner, and I guess someone came and guided them into an area with an unbroken fence.)

Silly sheep. And llamas too. Glad they went back home.

Lots of stuff priced today, but many more donations to balance that out.

This is the best photo I could get of the honeybees robbing the feeder. The large bee is some kind of solitary bee - those have been drinking from the feeders without causing a problem. The honeybees will drain every drop of sugarwater no matter how much you put out.

None of the little yellowjackets were around at the time. And the hummingbirds were agitated about the takeover.

Spoiler

20210707_181620.jpg

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

:o Those are some ginormous bees!

The cats here tried to bring in a snake today. I managed to divert them long enough to let it slither away.

4 minutes ago, Lagie said:

:o Those are some ginormous bees!

The cats here tried to bring in a snake today. I managed to divert them long enough to let it slither away.

It's a 3 ounce Dollar General hummingbird feeder. The ones I bought this year are inferior. You drop them while they're full or they fall from where they're hung and they break, especially the bottoms which has the thicker plastic.

A family member has cats that bring up snakes and voles and squirrel butts to the doorstep. 

35 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

It's a 3 ounce Dollar General hummingbird feeder.

So fairly small, then. ;)

Whew.

I'm melting. I need to go turn the a/c on in the bedroom so it can start cooling down in there.

i love my AC.

younger daughter is working on some sewing projects, and i helped her with a romper that she's currently working on. 

i dropped some sapphires to the AP, and i'm off to finish up my Sapphire and Floret breeding for the night.  i might end up bumping the Sapphires to next week, and the Florets to thursday at some point, i'll see how it goes though. XD 

17 hours ago, DragonSpirit009 said:

Good afternoon everyone!

Oh no! Sorry to hear it :( Pepper and Nutmeg are adorable!

I'm glad Elsa left you alone Lagie.

Sunrise, that big bee may be a giant resin bee?

Work is heavy the last few weeks, the unit is nearly full on a daily basis. And of course COVID-19 is back, so we will likely have to isolate twelve beds again before long.

Edited by Kestra15

I'm not sure what it is - some type of bumblebee. It's the size of a carpenter bee, but those are active in early spring and don't like to get close. The carpenters also have a distinct loud hum. This bee is fearless, but not aggressive, and much quieter in flight. This is the first year I've had these coming to the feeders every day. I had white clover blooming in the yard that drew the honey bees, but the white clover is taking a rest and gone to seed. 

One of the other problems with honeybees on the feeders is the honeybees will learn my scent and start following me around. The bumblebees only have eyes for the feeders.

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

I'm sleepy. I haven't figured out the right a/c balance here and I wake up chilly.

hot humid again.  we're getting lots of rain from Elsa later on, t-storms and flash-flood warning too.  goodie.

maybe one of my two pairs of Florets in Round 3 of breeding will give me the elusive Peach Iris??

6 hours ago, trystan said:

hot humid again.  we're getting lots of rain from Elsa later on, t-storms and flash-flood warning too.  goodie.

Stay safe!

I had my least favourite customer today. I'm sure everyone could see the steam coming from my ears.

i plan on staying safe!

also, no wine/magenta/peach Iris Floret today. *sigh* i'll try again next week.  i asked over in one of the discord servers if i whine at my florets, will they give me the Wine egg? XD  (also is "whinge" pronounced like "whine/wine"?)

i DID get another amethyst gemshard today! yaay! i like to have 2 male and 2 females of most dragons, especially if there's dimorphism.  so i have the parents, Jasper and Iolite, and their kids, Suren and Lila.  now, my Citrine gemshards, Medeira and Topaz, just haven't been interested lately.  yeesh.

and eventually, some day, Rumpel (Gold) and Belle (Sophrosyne) will give me a Gideon egg. XD 

(and eventually, some day, Nyx, Neferet, and Kalona will stop killing the eggs they bite and give me fledglings... errr, vampyres vampires.)

Edited by trystan

1 hour ago, trystan said:

(also is "whinge" pronounced like "whine/wine"?)

No. Like win/ hinge.

You'll like this - at one of the Dr. Who FB pages, one of the people shared a photo of the aerator for her betta fish. It's a TARDIS! XD And she asked for fish name suggestions, so I suggested Osfin (ya know... Oswin - Osfin). There were about twenty suggestions and she's narrowed it down to two: Osfin (yay!) and Jim the Fish (I like that, too). ;)

8 minutes ago, Lagie said:

No. Like win/ hinge.

yeah, that makes sense.

heh, Osfin is an awesome suggestion!!

I hope she picks it! :)

Hot and sweaty.

agreed.

i don't think it's raining yet...

in other news, next week - for the first time since last march - i'm meeting with my yarn group - in person!! :D 

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and croissants with butter and jam*

9 hours ago, trystan said:

other news, next week - for the first time since last march - i'm meeting with my yarn group - in person!! :D 

Yay! Have fun!

1 hour ago, SomeRandomCorviknight said:

I’m having a pretty awful time right now :[

Aww. *hugs* What's up?

Sunny, I think. It's hard to tell in this house. The horrible incessant beeping noise from last time seems to be quieter this time. It hasn't actually stopped but it doesn't permeate the entire house.