Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

i hope so too, she better not because it was in honor of my dad, and my brother is an adult. but knowing her, anything is possible. she has no right to be mad about it though, i just think its funny that thats how he chooses to reveal it 😂 

Edited by InvaderAlexis

oh it's been a long time that we'e gone for convenience over everything else, including fixing things.  use to be - maybe up til the 80s? 90s? things could be fixed and they'd be good as new.  some time ago, someone decided it's easier to just toss whatever is broken and just replace it.  but that leads to, well, junkyards and such. *sigh*

3 minutes ago, InvaderAlexis said:

she has no right to be mad about it though, i just think its funny that thats how he chooses to reveal it 😂 

is that something she'd get mad about?

last weekend, my younger daughter was with some friends, and for a moment she wondered what would happen if she came home with her brown hair dyed brown.  she said she'd probably confuse us... but i wouldn't be confused - i have purple hair as it is XD 

Edited by trystan
so i didn't double-post

Built-in obsolesence. I remember learning that in school.

We don't recycle here. :(

That was one thing I had to readjust to traveling to Canada last summer - remembering to recycle things! Oddly, the hotel I was in didn't seem to, so when I left, I left behind me all my garbage neatly sorted into plastics, cardboard (mostly Lego boxes XD ), and regular.

36 minutes ago, trystan said:

is that something she'd get mad about?

shes unpredictable, its hard to tell whatll set her off. seemingly little things will make her SO angry, and things that im terrified about her getting mad at me about she doesnt seem to care about. i mentioned not being able to go into my own room before, we got into a huge argument semi recently (a month and a half ago maybe) about me just playing animal crossing in my room, and when i say huge argument, i mean "i had to leave my house for the day with my brother" huge ;;

BUT, on a different note, with recycling... my school used to have recycling bins in our cafeteria (when it was still open, damn pandemic) but they removed them, and when i asked a teacher where they were because i couldnt recycle my water bottles there anymore, they said that people were throwing trash in it. but they were transparent, and if that even happened at all, it was very minimal, i could see it. definitely not worth removing them alltogether?? and the recycling bins in classrooms would get COMPLETELY filled up and nobody would take it, teachers would have to take it home themselves and usually they were too busy or couldnt be bothered to do that because it wasnt part of their job, or something. so usually theyd all end up being thrown away anyway. but there was no way we could say that they werent recycling, because they gave out bins to the teachers, right? ugh.

yikes, that's frustrating about your mom.

back a million years ago when i was in college, we had recycling bins for papers, and others for bottles, but i have no idea how that ended up.  i'd like to think they're still recycling all these years later.  we've always had glass, plastic,and cans recycling.  last year, i finally got me a bin for paper recycling, and i have NO idea why it took me so long to finally get one. 

Indeed, that kind of unpredictability is frustrating amd probably scary, too.

We do in fact recycle one thing here - our shelter collects soda cans and is paid to do so (Cans for Kids - we qualify due to our summer camp program, though it is not happening this summer, thanks to Covid). But people put garbage in the bin and every so often a huge black garbage bag arrives with a dozen or more plastic gallon water bottles. Good thing we have a large dumpster, but it would be better to have somewhere to recycle them.

I just missed a flow egg in the coast, first I've seen since release day!

Edited by Lagie
Afterthought

sometimes i'll take my lunch trash home with me to put in my own recycling.

i'm still stalking the coast for that one more Aso Xeno.  i got my flow eggs from the market - they grow up tomorrow morning. :) 

Unfortunately, it didn't rain today. I went out and it's really hot and sticky, even at night.

I just got freed from egglockage, so I'll get back on the hunt for the little wyrms tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, subwoofer said:

it's really hot and sticky, even at night.

that's the worst, eww.

yay for being unegglocked! :) 

i tried opening my window at night once to ventilate my room, and boy was that a mistake, because the BIRDS OUTSIDE WERE LOUDER THAN I THOUGHT THEYD BE > : ( 

i have a big oak tree in my back yard, really close to my window. birdies screaming at you in the morning is far less peaceful than the media portrays it.

i get that - we have a catbird that likes taunting one of my cats

FORTUNE!

*huggles*

Hi there WS!

How goes it with you two?

I'm sitting with two blankets and two layers of clothes.

I'm so cold!

SPIRIT!

*snugs*

Good to see everyone is still alive this morning XD

My stress levels is still high but I'm trying to cope with everything