Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

Dang.... Tigger was sleeping in my arms and let loose a really stinky fart!! Oh my word.... My poor nose!

Ewwwwww XD

Daisy and Devon let off some real rips at times. I always know when it's real bad because they leave the room XD

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out bacon and eggs and coffee*

Happy Bahamas Independence Day!

I have the day off.

But... our government, which opened our borders to tourists on July 1st, has now closed the beaches for this weekend, knowing how Bahamians like to party on the beaches for this particular holiday.

zzz.. good afternoon..!

peaceful day in my house, im the only one here. my mother went to florida to see her sister, and my brother is at work. i could get used to this..

That does sound lovely!

I was having a quiet day until one of my neighbours decided they really had to use their leaf blower. :P They seem to decide to do this every time I come upstairs to be on the internet.

The rain stopped them, thank goodness.

Anyone need a jester?

ooh! ill take the jester, i actually literally just bred some more. i love clowns, and yes i count jesters as a kind of clown, so i was so happy when they came out... theyre one of my favorite breeds now. sorry for snatching it so fast, i couldnt pass up the opportunity 😋 

its quiet except some thunder, its raining today. but i like the thunder, complete silence is one of my worst fears. whenever its completely quiet, like if the power goes out and there are no fans on or anything happening, i panic.

Edited by InvaderAlexis

No worries! I like the jesters, too! :) Enjoy.

We are having thundery stuff now, meaning I don't dare go swimming. 

Our power company has told us there will be no rolling blackouts this summer (They told us that last summer, too. They lied.), saying they have enough generation available to cope. I wonder if they've even realized part of the reason they have enough is probably because our two main hotels/consumers are closed. :rolleyes:

i had a day.

so i've been told that i can mention to customers about their masks if they're not wearing it over their nose, but be gentle about it.  so i've decided to point to my nose and move my finger downward a little and say "oops, i think your mask slipped?"and point to my nose again.  one guy laughed, joked his nose was too big, but moved it to cover his nose.  i had a lady who, when i mentioned that, gave me a look that said "what does that have to do with the price check i asked for on this item?"  and another lady said she couldn't breathe, and i told her that the masks have a metal strip in them that can fit it around your nose.  but then she says "besides, they're not mandatory."  to which i said, "hmm, i'll have to look that up" - but they ARE mandatory in businesses in my state.  

i was done at 1, needed to come home right away because my daughter was due in at 2, and she needed my car (we share a car.)  i goofed off online (renewed one book, there's holds on the other, but i should be able to finish it before monday so i can return it), but didn't have lunch yet.... and then the power started flickering about 2 p.m......the power went on-off-on-off way too many times, and then finally went out.  i reported it to the electric company, and one of the times i checked the status it told me the cause was unknown* but that power should be back by 4:20. the power did the on-off-on-off again about 3:45, and finally came back on (and stayed) a little after 4.

in the meantime, i haven't eaten yet.... so i ordered in one of my apps and asked hubby to pick it up for me.  it's dinner time now! :) 

*the update page said the cause was unknown, but i know it was the weather - a tropical system came through here, and it's been raining most of the day.

Sounds like you need to find your local version of our $200 fine sign. It gives me backup when I speak to people. And yes, the off-the-nose thing is a constant. "Please have it over your nose," I'll say, while pointing at mine to demonstrate.

Glad your power came back on!

My father is asking me a bunch of stuff about my aunt, and really I just want to tell him to knock it off, I'm not her daughters, ask them, but the reality is, given how little they do for their mother, they probably wouldn't have the answers, and me, because I was a constant there pretty much every Sunday for 22 years until the Covid lockdowns, I do have some of the answers. Sigh. Am I always going to have to feel responsible for her just because she and my mother were best buddies?

11 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Sounds like you need to find your local version of our $200 fine sign. It gives me backup when I speak to people. And yes, the off-the-nose thing is a constant. "Please have it over your nose," I'll say, while pointing at mine to demonstrate.

Glad your power came back on!

signage is a corporate thing, so it'd need to go through them.  i can at least mention something about it to the manager/assistant manager, if one of them is in on sunday.

i have a dentist appt tomorrow. XD 

i'm glad my power came back on too!

Ah. Our signage is random but the government made a very nice one about the fines so I used that.

Hope the dentist goes well!

I have a half price sale day tomorrow and not quite as many volunteers as I had hoped but we will manage.

good luck with your sale tomorrow!

the dentist is my 6-month cleaning, so it better go well! XD 

10 hours ago, Lagie said:

Happy Bahamas Independence Day!

I have the day off.

But... our government, which opened our borders to tourists on July 1st, has now closed the beaches for this weekend, knowing how Bahamians like to party on the beaches for this particular holiday.

Yeah for Bahamas Independence.

2 hours ago, trystan said:

so i've been told that i can mention to customers about their masks if they're not wearing it over their nose, but be gentle about it.  so i've decided to point to my nose and move my finger downward a little and say "oops, i think your mask slipped?"and point to my nose again.  one guy laughed, joked his nose was too big, but moved it to cover his nose.  i had a lady who, when i mentioned that, gave me a look that said "what does that have to do with the price check i asked for on this item?"  and another lady said she couldn't breathe, and i told her that the masks have a metal strip in them that can fit it around your nose.  but then she says "besides, they're not mandatory."  to which i said, "hmm, i'll have to look that up" - but they ARE mandatory in businesses in my state.  

My state - Kentucky - has made it mandatory to wear masks in public.  I think that's a good thing.

Glad your electric came back on..

Good luck at the dentist.  I have an appt next week.

Good luck with your sale Lagie.

I bred my Prize Dragon and got no egg.  I fertilized first.  I hope she doesn't turn out to be a non-producer.  ☹️

Thanks!

I'm sure it will, then! Cleaning is usually straightforward.

Hi, ninja Classy! :)

Edited by Lagie

3 minutes ago, Classycal said:

My state - Kentucky - has made it mandatory to wear masks in public.  I think that's a good thing.

Glad your electric came back on..

Good luck at the dentist.  I have an appt next week.

it is a good thing!

as i mentioned, it's my 6-month cleaning :) 

here's a funny story - one of my co-workers today told me that she got yelled out for over-cleaning yesterday.  erm... we're in the midst of a pandemic, there's nothing wrong with over-cleaning! *sigh*

Some people always find things to criticize. Cleaning should be considered a good thing right now.

With no hotels open we don't have as many massive fireworks displays. Much as I like them, I dislike them too for the effect they have on animals so I am glad they are not happening.

1 minute ago, Lagie said:

Some people always find things to criticize. Cleaning should be considered a good thing right now.

agree and agree.  this manager that did the criticizing is very cranky all the time, actually.  and - my co-worker in question has diabetes... so the cleaner the better in her mind.

fair enough for no fireworks.  i heard a few on the 4th here, but my cats don't seem to mind them, actually.

I wasn't really on this morning, alas.

And now I'm stomping around in my head and have no patience for anything. *grumble grumble*

yeah, i wasn't either.  i had my dentist appointment this morning, and they had to take a zillion x-rays (ok, it was only 18).  she said they do this every 5 years, but i don't remember doing them all 5 years ago....

18 x-rays?!? That seems like a lot!:o

The rain thankfully held off until after my shop closed today.

i know, right?

on my way home from the dentist (mind you it's a few counties over) i got all these pop-up showers on one of the highways north.  home from the dentist is basically north for a little bit, and then west for another little bit, this was on the north route there were about 4 pop-up showers.  it was fun XD 

Pop up showers makes me think fountain-like coming up from below! XD

Toppage, page 122! B)

Edited by Lagie
Toppage!

LOL... but no.  driving through rainstorms makes it feel like they're pop-ups XD