Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

ello. how is everyone?

don't necessarily want rainstorms, but would be nice if we had something that made it cooler; it's too hot

i'm actually off to bed "early" for me - it's before 12:30 a.m.! XD 

i think it'll be cooler for me in .... november. XD 

haha, yeah, that is "early", especially since it's the weekend XP

yeah, same here. that being said, since hawaii is so close to the equator the overall temperature doesn't fluctuate much (cold is high 70's)

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

I am hoping this morning's rain stops soon. I had plans to go to my shop to clean up the mess I left behind yesterday (project was interrupted by ... rain :P ) so the volunteers who come tomorrow don't have to deal with it.

Good morning.

It rained a little here yesterday and supposedly will rain a bit today too. I don't mind, I could use a break from this heat.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

*sets out Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

I love Sundays on CPA! XD

Waiting for online church.

It is cooler today finally, which is a big relief to us as our bedroom air conditioner has decided to blow out the electrical circuit every time it cuts on! Probably will need to replace it.

Waffles are good, aren't they?

Eeps, that's not good about the a/c, @purplehaze. I hope you can sort it out. I have a similar issue at my shop. In the bookroom, if I turn the a/c on, wait a bit, then turn on the lights, all is well. If I turn on the lights and then the a/c, the breaker trips. Old building. Elderly wiring.

Hi, subwoofer! Enjoy your bit of cool!

Edited by Lagie

ugh.  i normally go in to work on sundays at 3.  today it's 2.  i don't wanna.....

I'm at work, if that helps. :P

Hauling books and LPs.

Thank goodness I came in, though. We had a mirror for sale outside and I arrived to find it had fallen and shattered. So my day started with cleaning that up.

Right now I'm having tea with the cat, and pondering this box:

Screenshot_20200712-130233.thumb.jpg.ac4ab9db4e52082d3b36069ad5e395ba.jpg

I keep mis-reading 'set'! XD

20 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I keep mis-reading 'set'! XD

yeah.... i do too XD 

5 hours ago, trystan said:

yeah.... i do too XD 

Glad I'm not alone in that! :D

Home now. I got a LOT done at the shop today, so I am very glad I went in. I didn't quite get finished, though, so I'm concerned about a couple of the volunteers who are meant to go in tomorrow, going in and messing up what I've accomplished.

39 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Glad I'm not alone in that!

You're definitely not. XD

Glad you were able to get a lot done at work. Hubby and I actually got quite a bit done at home today -- cleaned out a cabinet in our bedroom and got rid of a lot of old papers that were no longer relevant. I couldn't get him to throw out everything I thought should go, but anything is progress. :P

we only had half our registers able to actually work - the pin pads on two them were down, so we used one of those for cash transactions.  the other two registers had working pin pads, but i had a LOT of people using cash, neverminding the sign that requests people use credit or debit, cause it's not as germy (that's not really how it's worded, but it's the same point.) and we need a sign that says no Apple Pay or paying apps on an apple phone.  i had a guy insist it was his Bank of America app on his iphone, and as i thought, it didn't work.  i've tried saying "only samsung pay" but they'll still ask "apple pay?" so i just default to "no apple pay." and i had someone say it was samsung, so i said okay, and of course, that worked.

apparently we can't have signs because we're a training store, but i really want "no Apple pay" and "cash is dirty, use a card" and "wear a mask over your nose too." - i had to remind a few people, and it sometimes makes for interesting conversations.

I have no card capability in my shop so I'm constantly alcoholing and washing my hands. The Bahamas is generally way behind the world in that sort of online thing. Heck, they still require you to consult with the hospital you were born to get proof you were born before the registrar's office can give you a copy of your birth certificate claiming you're not registered when you've actually had a certificate before. Yes. Yes, I do live in a third world country with delusions of grandeur.

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Yes, I do live in a third world country with delusions of grandeur.

did you mean what that orange thing has turned the US in to?

oops, did i say that out loud?

1 minute ago, trystan said:

did you mean what that orange thing has turned the US in to?

oops, did i say that out loud?

XD You did.

Not quite up to your previous standards, but Bahamians get quite incensed when people imply we could be doing better. People might actually have to - gasp - work.

Good morning everyone!

It hasn't been a good weekend for me. We were informed about a close friend of my mother who had passed away. She is devastated. And then the next day got a call of another close friend of hers that passed away. I feel so bad for my mother.

FORTUNE!

*huggles*

Will do.

And I also did something stupid

I sent you a PM about the stupid thing I did

*gently taps Spirit on the head*

I thought you had done something bad. XD

It is cause my credit card was clear.... Not anymore XD

Meh. It'll keep you out of mischiefXD

*looks down*

Spirit did you get chopped in half? 😧