olympe

Multi-clutch: Abandon All

I think it would be quite convenient to not only allow you to choose one egg from a multi-clutch, but also allow you to abandon all at once. Although it would be a good thing to have a bit of space between the eggs and the (hypothetical) abandon all button.

Yes, please! Would make it so much easier. This is one place where I would like to have an "are you sure?" message, though.

5 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Yes, please! Would make it so much easier. This is one place where I would like to have an "are you sure?" message, though.

Yes indeed. I think I would rather the extra step -  choose one and then abandon it.... How often DO we breed holidays to abandon when we aren't locked anyway ?

I just did. Again. Because while breeding I realized I still need an offspring from pair #8 or so. XD 

24 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

How often DO we breed holidays to abandon when we aren't locked anyway ?

I do it fairly often, actually. Code checking, you know? If I get a really good code I will try to either trade or give it away to someone I think will appreciate it. And of course if it has a z-code...

Seeing above that the queston was asked, I'll contribute:

To simply expand my dragons' progenies after completing the family (before that I'm looking for the auto-APed instead, because 4 years to complete the 4 self-bred frozens is just riddiculus). Once I complete a set, I don't need more of the given breed at all.

Edited by VixenDra

*ahem* YES PLEASE!!! .... I'm almost positive there was another thread on this somewhere, at some point. But yes. Please. It just gets very tedious and annoying to constantly 'keep' and then go back and abandon. 

(As for how often people breed to the AP when not locked, during holidays especially I do. I want to continue hunting the AP in-between breeding, so I usually have at least one slot open for hunting, but then every single multi-clutch breeding I have to 'keep' and then go abandon it so I keep that spot open for hunting.)

Fair enough. It's just something that had never occurred to me !

It would also be convenient during the rest of the year when breeding celestials and getting none that you want out of a clutch.

Edit: dug up a partly-relevent prior thread.

Edited by Shadowdrake

Yes to this suggestion. It seems like a good option to have.

Having recently bred my holiday dragons and... having to go through and abandon that one egg it had me keep :P Sort of a pain. Having the option to just send the lot to the AP if we wish would simplify things immensely.

I definitely agree this would be useful.

My current solution is to simply not pick an egg and wait for them to all automatically abandon, but I also don't typically mind those eggs taking up a slot for the entire hour.

That's the point, really. Not having to wait for an hour, and not having to choose an egg, confirm, go to its view page, then its action page, then abandon and confirm again. Just abandon & confirm.

And, while we're at it and it's kind of related - do you think you could add an "abandon" button to the breeding results page, even if there's just one egg? Because sometimes, we need to see the result to know whether we want to keep the egg or not. And clicking on the egg, the actions page, then abandon instead of directly going to abandon is, well, a little bit unwieldy.

Sure, why not? It's because of this that I only go to breed multiclutching dragons when I'm already locked, to save myself the hassle of having to keep one egg in order to abandon the entire clutch.

I would really like to have an Abandon All option. It would be more convenient than either picking an egg and then abandoning it or letting the entire clutch take up slots for an hour.

I like this. Normally if I'm breeding to abandon I just let them take up slots since I want my eggs to abandon, but it would be comvenient during holidays when I want my slots.

I'd find this useful. I bred two holiday dragons together and got the wrong eggs in the first batch. Would be nice to just abandon the lot of them right away when I'm not planning on keeping any

On 12/21/2019 at 11:39 AM, purplehaze said:

Please please please this. I had one egg slot during the holidays when I bred a pair and I made sure triply that I had a spot open for choosing one of their eggs, but the page froze up on me and I couldn't click on one of the eggs they bred me that I had wanted. I refreshed the page hoping that would help but it auto abandoned all of the eggs( there was only two but still) and if I hadn't gotten help form kind people ap hunting with me I wouldn't have gotten the egg I wanted back at all. If there was an "Are you sure you want to abandon all eggs?" for a multi clutch like that I may not have had this happen.

7 hours ago, TerraAnne said:

I refreshed the page hoping that would help but it auto abandoned all of the eggs

That's... very weird. It shouldn't have auto-d them at all if you had a slot and it hadn't been an hour yet; I've refreshed the result page before and all it says is they've already bred, and the multiclutch still stays on my scroll taking up extra slots. Did you happen to breed another multiclutch before it that you hadn't picked yet?

+1 support for this. I did a bunch of breeding this past holiday season and having to manually abandon all the eggs bogged that down a lot. x.x

7 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

That's... very weird. It shouldn't have auto-d them at all if you had a slot and it hadn't been an hour yet; I've refreshed the result page before and all it says is they've already bred, and the multiclutch still stays on my scroll taking up extra slots. Did you happen to breed another multiclutch before it that you hadn't picked yet?

No I made sure that it was my last pair I had to breed and that I had one slot leftover. I tossed or chose and egg from the clutches before as they were either to trade with people needing them or for my own future projects. Mom told me about the hour holding time and that's when I got really upset because They autoed with a slot open and didn't stay for an hour.