Jazeki

Thankful For DC Massbreed

welp, today is a day when I'm super irritated about this massbreed because there are literally 2-3 of the same common breeds. it's not even breeds that are hard to find, that would be a useful AP wall to find (sorry for being salty about it.) I do like massbreeds for certain things, obviously the Halloween event massbreeds were awesome, and when people massbreed BSAs and uncommons and drakes/pygmies, stuff like that

14 hours ago, bord said:

welp, today is a day when I'm super irritated about this massbreed because there are literally 2-3 of the same common breeds. it's not even breeds that are hard to find, that would be a useful AP wall to find (sorry for being salty about it.) I do like massbreeds for certain things, obviously the Halloween event massbreeds were awesome, and when people massbreed BSAs and uncommons and drakes/pygmies, stuff like that

Hi bord. The scheduled massbreed from this thread doesn't happen until the 27th and will be SAlt-kins and Thuweds. I don't think the eggs you are seeing in the AP are related to this event. 

1 hour ago, BringsTheSnow said:

Hi bord. The scheduled massbreed from this thread doesn't happen until the 27th and will be SAlt-kins and Thuweds. I don't think the eggs you are seeing in the AP are related to this event. 

Hi I Brings the Snow! (LOVE your user name! ❤️ ) I wonder if people mass-bred early? I picked up several SAltkins this morning.  I wonder if there are any Thuweds in the mix too.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to breeding what I have that's nice. *has a few low gen Thuweds & SAltkins*

Edited by kiramaru7

15 hours ago, bord said:

I massbred Halloweenkin yesterday, because I felt like it and had time, and these should be 85 of my Astraels coming thru today in a few hours. I got so few BSAs when I massbred them last week. I really though that we would have an incuhatchable AP by now.

15 hours ago, bord said:

I'm not sure what mass breed you are talking about. This one happens next week.

Edited by Jazeki

28 minutes ago, Chaos Rider said:

It could be this:

I hate when the AP goes under 3 days, as the eggs can no longer be influences.

On 11/20/2023 at 1:52 PM, Jazeki said:

I'm not sure what mass breed you are talking about. This one happens next week.

someone's unofficial massbreed probably, the AP was flooded with Flamingos and Coastal Waverunners and a few Celestials (I grabbed one flamingo with a decent code and lineage)

22 hours ago, Jazeki said:

The massbreed is tomorrow! No worries if you don't want to breed since the AP is so low. 

I was gonna participate, but the low-time AP means what you get can't be influenced, and the AP right now is so full of junk. I got 14 eggs last night (8 and then 6 after those hatched) and I am going thru the hatchlings now.

5 messy, 1 CB, 2 PB and 6 "checkers" that I am wasting precogs on to see if they gender correctly. Dumped all the messies as hatchlings, as I am out of freezes again, and I plan to continue the hatch and dump while I can.

Edited to add-5 of the 6 checkers were misgendered, so out of the 14, I only kept 4.

Edited by PrincessLucy

If anyone is still interested, there are about 6ish hours left to breed for today's mass breed. 

1 hour ago, Jazeki said:

If anyone is still interested, there are about 6ish hours left to breed for today's mass breed. 

My dragons produced 469 eggs for AP :blush:

I admit I'm not a fan of massbreeds. Especially now bc there'll be tons of eggs dying behind the wall and the ones you can catch now are either messy (which is nice for those who want them) and for those with nice lineages you just have to hope they gender correctly ...

22 hours ago, Gluria said:

I admit I'm not a fan of massbreeds. Especially now bc there'll be tons of eggs dying behind the wall and the ones you can catch now are either messy (which is nice for those who want them) and for those with nice lineages you just have to hope they gender correctly ...

No eggs have died from a massbreed. They only died this Halloween, and most likely won't again until next Halloween. 

Anyways, I think massbreed discourse belongs on a different thread. Unfortunately I missed this one this year! I was sick this week and not playing much. I would love to join in next year. Is there a reminder list? 

Edited by meeps114

On 12/1/2023 at 7:49 PM, Gluria said:

Not a fan either. The AP is just no fun at all just now, and hasn't been for days..

2 hours ago, meeps114 said:

No eggs have died from a massbreed. 

Can you actually prove that ? It seems very unlikely.

22 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Not a fan either. The AP is just no fun at all just now, and hasn't been for days..

Well the stAP massbreed is the biggest one I've seen and AP times were still over a day for both years lol. If there was a giant massbreed in the past that killed eggs, I'd love to learn about it, but I've never seen one. Holiday APs are filled with tens of thousands of eggs and it took until this year's Halloween for eggs to die behind the wall. stAP didn't actually end up getting that close to approaching death wall numbers, compared to this Halloween. 

Also, the AP is now above 3d so you can be relieved!

Again, I think a separate thread to rant about massbreeds would be more productive than clogging up this one

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

How would they have died? The AP never dropped below 1d 13hr for the massbreed... of course there's no way to definitively prove it, but if times never even got close to death, then it can be reasonably assumed it didn't happen. 

39 minutes ago, meeps114 said:

Again, I think a separate thread to rant about massbreeds would be more productive than clogging up this one

EXCEPT that a lot of people just don't think how mass breeds can be a nightmare for many of us, before joining in..

Point taken about the time remaining though.