TJ09

2019-04-29 - Biome Background Updates

:'D I don't know about the easter eggs either. If there's supposed to be 47 of them, then we're talking about 7-8 easter eggs per biome background; averaged. And I'm just not seeing anything beyond the obvious dragons in Coast and Volcano. I had to follow some of the links to the DA pages just to see the two dragons in the Jungle because the black boarders actually cover them up completely on my desktop browser.

EDIT: I just had to zoom out to some 60% on my browser just to finally see the artist's signature in the artwork.

Edited by ValidEmotions

6 hours ago, TJ09 said:

It is indeed just a test image. I like the idea of integrating the backgrounds into more of the site layouts, but I do want to make sure it fits into the feel of the theme and isn't at the expense of readability, so it'll be more than the 30 second hack job I showed.

Phew, thanks! For me the view with the dark theme is great - and I really liked the backgrounds! Thank you for the work and the idea!

16 hours ago, Morell said:

Looks like a lot of crystals appeared across the biomes, almost feels like main toppic of all of them. Love the volcano.

But at alpine it seems to be too much crytals, the old one was much more airy and natural. This looks more like alien biome. (also reminds me a lot of blood elves and their fell energy crystals)

For some reason they remind me and seem like something you'd see in the lunar invasion in Terraria

I was able to download the biome views from earlier link postings and enlarged them, but still only saw two of the biomes with dragons in them...    It can't be because of my old eyes, I know!!!😉

And here I kept thinking how awesome my new monitor was! >.<

Hm Dragoncave... something's different. Did you get a haircut? 🤔

I see that dragon shadow in the swamp! I bet there's something like that in every biome <3

I will say that the alpine caught me so off guard but I LOVE IT SO MUHCHHHH THESE ARE ALL AMAZING I love the bit of mana magic and fiction in each biome, makes it more mystical :D

They are really gorgeous, thank you to everyone who was involved in designing and creating them for us!

how lovely !!  the default setting has always worked best for me.  however, the mana crystals are so distracting  I keep missing eggs.

covering them up with post its has solved that. 

On 4/30/2019 at 1:15 AM, CrystalKleure said:

These are gorgeous!! 😮

I went and dug up all the fullsize images [using Chrome's Inspect command]:

[Alpine] [Coast] [Desert] [Forest] [Jungle] [Volcano]

Reveal hidden contents

13uofgg.jpg

1bpm0q4.jpg

17daq2a.jpg

19tzf6h.jpg

pc1xq4.jpg

ssudlo.jpg

Thank you!

Although I think the biome backgrounds are a really nice update, I had to go to default to see them, I switched back to St. Patrick's day it is easy on my old eyes.

they look really amazing ❤️

Thanks!

The coast is my favourite. I don't like the big green crystals in the alpine; they spoil the background. The forest kind of looks like the trees all have a blue sickness. That dragon in the volcano looks badass; it's a pity that you'll never see him.

I can't find any Easter Eggs either. XD Did the background for the personal dragon page change?

Edited by Charity322

@Nakase will you share the Easter eggs with us, after we've spent some time hunting? I see lots of things that I'm like "oh, maybe that's something... maybe??" but very few 100% obvious things. I thought folks smarter than me would find more, but from the comments here we're all in the dark! XD 

16 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

@Nakase will you share the Easter eggs with us, after we've spent some time hunting? I see lots of things that I'm like "oh, maybe that's something... maybe??" but very few 100% obvious things. I thought folks smarter than me would find more, but from the comments here we're all in the dark! XD 

I would love to know them all!!! 

I love these! My favorite is the Alpine. That sky, those stars... 😍 The mana crystals are big and imposing, but I think they fit in with the theme and the scroll is framed perfectly on my screen by the image. And are those shadows of dragons I see atop the left-side crystals, or am I just imagining patterns in clouds?

My only woe is the dragon being covered in the volcano. He's too epic to be hidden!