TJ09

2019-04-29 - Biome Background Updates

33 minutes ago, Keileon said:

Nifty. I almost want to start using the default theme, but my eyes hurt on anything that isn't a dark theme.

Snap - pity they don't show with the dark background. Changed to get a look, but then changed back, also because to me the dragons look much better against a dark background. But nice work!

Okay, what on earth are those pod-things in the Alpine image? I see mana crystals/streams/whatever in the other biomes, but what are the pods?? Are they mana? .... Floating electric mana? 

35 minutes ago, CrystalKleure said:

These are gorgeous!! 😮

I went and dug up all the fullsize images [using Chrome's Inspect command]:

[Alpine] [Coast] [Desert] [Forest] [Jungle] [Volcano]

Hide contents

13uofgg.jpg

1bpm0q4.jpg

17daq2a.jpg

19tzf6h.jpg

pc1xq4.jpg

ssudlo.jpg

Are those...Are those the pgymys in the coastal image?

Or they just generic dragons?

They have a similar body type and coloration...

Also, what dragon is that in the Volcano biome?!

A Magma? But it doesn't look right. Too pointy.

This art is so lovely.

47 minutes ago, ealbiest said:

Snap - pity they don't show with the dark background. Changed to get a look, but then changed back, also because to me the dragons look much better against a dark background. But nice work!

portal.png

Hm, doesn't look too bad, but the link contrast isn't the best.

This looks awesome i must say, the Alpine one is interesting, although it's a little different from my imagination.

1 hour ago, DragonNeko said:

What do you do if that doesn't work though? T^T

image.png.31c398d18947b0bfd81756374357ae32.png

I had the same problem, then it occurred to me that it might just be a Chrome thing. It works in Firefox and IE. :)

They're wonderful! :D❤️ 

Edited by The Candidate

Wow they look so good!

I had to change my background settings to see them though because I use the dark Portal theme.

Edited by Rexsaurus

Very much loving the new backgrounds but any chance you can have a 'dark' theme version of them? Where instead of the paper/scroll section its more like the Dark Portal theme but with the new backgrounds? The dark theme is a lot easier on the eyes for some of us in that area of the screen as the parchment section is just too bright for people like me who have sensitive eyes.

2 hours ago, ealbiest said:

50 minutes ago, Dolphinsong said:

Very much loving the new backgrounds but any chance you can have a 'dark' theme version of them? Where instead of the paper/scroll section its more like the Dark Portal theme but with the new backgrounds? The dark theme is a lot easier on the eyes for some of us in that area of the screen as the parchment section is just too bright for people like me who have sensitive eyes.

This. I simply cannot use the default; I need St Pat's. And if there ARE eggs (ARE there ?) I can't hope to see them, so I hope they don't DO anything or need collecting....

Woah, new biome art looks much better. If you would make them visible on mobile, I would be pleased ❤️

Those are some fancy new backgrounds! The coast one must be my favorite, I like the dragons chilling on the rocks. :)

24 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

This. I simply cannot use the default; I need St Pat's. And if there ARE eggs (ARE there ?) I can't hope to see them, so I hope they don't DO anything or need collecting....

I went back to default and still didn't see any eggs.  One early poster said 47 I think?

3 hours ago, Shokomon said:

Are those...Are those the pgymys in the coastal image?

Or they just generic dragons?

They have a similar body type and coloration...

Also, what dragon is that in the Volcano biome?!

A Magma? But it doesn't look right. Too pointy.

This art is so lovely.

Not sure about the coastal dragons but the Volcano one looks like a Gold to me, and Nakase did the sprite work for them also.

The Jungle appears to show some kind of runic dragon carved into a rock on the right.

New alpine looks... really weird, to be honest. I preferred the old one. But the other biomes look pretty good.