TJ09

2019-04-29 - Biome Background Updates

New backgrounds are beautiful! Great job as always, Nakase.

Thank you for the info...

Nice Eggs,  Thank you Spriters...

Very pretty, I especially like the coast!

I don't get the excessively dark/black edges of the images though? Looks a bit awkward to me.

The dark edges are likely to focus the eye more towards the actual page content; gotta keep in mind that a lot of the image is covered by the site proper in practice.

These are great! I love the clear night sky in the Alpine backround. Seems very appropriate, since many stargazing and moongazing dragons are found in this biome.

6 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Okay, what on earth are those pod-things in the Alpine image? I see mana crystals/streams/whatever in the other biomes, but what are the pods?? Are they mana? .... Floating electric mana? 

My thoughts exactly when I saw them! XD Not sure what they have to do with an alpine habitat!

7 hours ago, TJ09 said:

Yeah, I've been thinking about how to possibly integrate the art into the mobile layout. Something like this is a quick pass at it.

alpine.png

Perfect 😊  it won't be in the way and I'll still be able to code hunt properly

For anyone who wants to see the glow-up, I've made side by side comparisons!

Alpine

Coast

Desert

Forest

Jungle

Volcano

I love them all, the extra detail and crisper graphics are perfect.  It seems mana crystals and rocks have been emphasised.  My favourite glow-ups are Alpine and Volcano!

Edited by Seahorse

Looks like a lot of crystals appeared across the biomes, almost feels like main toppic of all of them. Love the volcano.

But at alpine it seems to be too much crytals, the old one was much more airy and natural. This looks more like alien biome. (also reminds me a lot of blood elves and their fell energy crystals)

Is it possible to give us the full versions so we can have them as computer wallpapers?

33 minutes ago, Vic said:

Is it possible to give us the full versions so we can have them as computer wallpapers?

Just "view background image" and save that. They work fine then.

@Fuzzbucket

Ah, cool!  Thanks!

1 hour ago, Morell said:

But at alpine it seems to be too much crytals, the old one was much more airy and natural. This looks more like alien biome. (also reminds me a lot of blood elves and their fell energy crystals)

I agree that the alpine crystals feel a bit too much, especially since they're so huge. :o I like the artwork in general, still.

16 minutes ago, Cottoncat said:

I agree that the alpine crystals feel a bit too much, especially since they're so huge. :o I like the artwork in general, still.

Yeah and as they are on the edges, on webpage they are very dominant.

...on second thought, alien biome would be interesting

If I switch away from the Blackout theme to see it, will I be able to switch back?  I want to check it out, but not lose the dark theme that makes my eye happy and the dragon colors look amazing. 😎

35 minutes ago, Morell said:

...on second thought, alien biome would be interesting

Maybe that's where the 2018 April Fools' green dragons came from. :D

31 minutes ago, Jocosa said:

If I switch away from the Blackout theme to see it, will I be able to switch back?  I want to check it out, but not lose the dark theme that makes my eye happy and the dragon colors look amazing. 😎

Log out, and look at it all; then log back in. When logged out you can only see the default skins.

Wow! I love them all!! I think Alpine got the most changes, and I definitely love it!

The coast is my favorite because it makes me think of when I was in Georgia with my grandparents. They lived near a small, private dock right on the ocean, and a couple times while I was alone out there (it was cold so no one was fishing) a couple of dolphins swam by to say hello. That still feels like the most magical thing I've ever experienced and I love being reminded of it, but they're all beautiful. Thank you for the update!