TJ09

2019-04-29 - Biome Background Updates

preview.png

Nearly three years after their original introduction, the backgrounds that appear in each of the biomes have been updated. Though their base composition remains the same, all of the images have been updated with vastly more detail and level of polish. They may even contain an easter egg or two.

Enjoy!

They're so pretty~ I think the Coast is my favorite.

Very pretty but I guess I'm never going to see it since I have Dino Cave/Mobile skin only 

is there a way of getting a closer look at the artwork? I cant seem to make the preview any bigger and well, in the cave, there's stuff in the way

9 minutes ago, MiserablePileOfSecrets said:

is there a way of getting a closer look at the artwork? I cant seem to make the preview any bigger and well, in the cave, there's stuff in the way

In the cave - right click, view background image ^^;

Edit: YOOOO at the volcano

Edited by Kaini

16 minutes ago, Dalek Raptor said:

Very pretty but I guess I'm never going to see it since I have Dino Cave/Mobile skin only 

Yeah, I've been thinking about how to possibly integrate the art into the mobile layout. Something like this is a quick pass at it.

alpine.png

I saw the new artwork before the news post and was wondering if I'd just been really, really unobservant before.

So pretty! 🌸 I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me when I first saw them.

Also for people using mobile: Most browsers should have something like "request desktop site" in the settings. I frequently use mobile and that's what I always use.

Edited by Kurokosworth

These are nice. I just hate that the Volcano's dragon is hidden by, well, the Volcano page but whatever. Desert is really bright now though...

Very pretty..but what Easter eggs?

42 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

Yeah, I've been thinking about how to possibly integrate the art into the mobile layout. Something like this is a quick pass at it.

alpine.png

I like that! It wouldn't cause too much lag either as it doesn't cover the whole background.

I really like the new art! Big thanks to the artist(s)!

Edit: Maybe you can change the image on the Sidebar Menu as well for the Mobile layout?

Edited by Shokomon

Nifty. I almost want to start using the default theme, but my eyes hurt on anything that isn't a dark theme.

Wow! The art is definitely something else - its absolutely amazing! Massive thank you to TJ and the artists for creating something special, freshening up the cave and spoiling all the players! 😍

1 hour ago, Kaini said:

In the cave - right click, view background image ^^;

Edit: YOOOO at the volcano

What do you do if that doesn't work though? T^T

image.png.31c398d18947b0bfd81756374357ae32.png

holy carp I thought I was going nuts when I refreshed the biomes!! I was wondering if some sort of virus was taking over my browser. Glad to see it's intentional, lol!