Lumos Rose

Show Your 2018 Snow Wars Fort

Just gonna drop this here, maybe someone finds this interesting :v

1847608372_SnowWars2.png.b49ea2b909b25b2325b21ba41d27e836.png

Edit: why is uploading in computer taking less space than a phone screenshot? @_@

Edited by BlueLatios
Replace with new picture

Encore, you say? New things? Time to make some changes/improvements!

The castle's become a dragonshrine, and Claudius has moved out from behind the walls to survey his miniature kingdom. Also, flowers. FLOWERS.

Snow_Wars_2_v2.png

I don't know if this encore + new additions are a blessing or a curse because I was pretty happy with my fort and now I went and changed everything 😂

This was my fort an hour ago:

Spoiler

1546348540-captura-de-pantalla-2018-12-31-a-las-0-11-36.png

And now: 

1546348540-captura-de-pantalla-2019-01-01-a-las-14-09-45.png

I made a little skating ring for my penguins :)

I don't know how to finish yet, I have some free space. I don't want it to feel too cluttered but there's so many things I want to put :C 

Whaaaa new items! Yay but also noooo I had it all set and now I have to change it lol! *zooms over to the fort*

Cornelius and a bunch of red birds watch as a couple of friends play a chess match in front of the keep, a few penguins contemplate skating on the pond under the trees, while the blue flamingos guard the snow ribbon dancers they so carefully built.

Snow Wars 2.png

With the old additions, I went and added flags to my garden and changed the rocks (potatoes) to flowers lol. I'm officially done, and not looking at it again cause seeing it destroyed makes me sad. Beautiful forts, everyone!

WHY, TJ? WHYYYYYY? I thought I was done, and now there are MORE items that I have to find space for because they are so awesome and pretty and... aaaaah! WHYYYY?  XD

Okay, updated fort, now even more cluttered than ever:

snowwars2_1.png.4a126dbfbed3631911fbb5d4a29df817.png

I love all the birds! :wub:

12 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Some of the new stuff has been there 5 years ago already ;)

Does this link work? https://dragcave.net/holidays13_fort/Ruby+Eyes

Yes, the link works. :)

Well, here is my fort with the new items included. I might tweak it yet, but I think that's good for now. It is a cheerful holiday castle for the dragons, and a tiny village outside, with little villagers running about. I kind of hope more presents drop so I can incorporate them into the design, I've just got the one right now.

Snow Fort Encore.png

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Some of the new stuff has been there 5 years ago already ;)

Does this link work? https://dragcave.net/holidays13_fort/Ruby+Eyes

I mostly meant that someone in my 'keep' likes making statues. (namely me XD)

But yea it works and oh, that pretty! :D

(and yes i'm rebuilding my fort all over again, whoohoo)

*grumbles* Mine is under (re)construction. But enjoy my last screenshot before the encore... I really liked how the gum drops looked like festive balloons on the cabin.

image.png.d088dc404c889c5d4b60dfb65faff59f.png

Here's my slightly updated fort after the encore began. Didn't change much, as I'm pretty happy with the way it originally was. Wish we had more room for building, though... maybe then things could change a lot more. :D

Dragon Cave snow fort v6.png

ohh boy i was happy with my fort before, but the encore had me rethinking everything.

Previously:

Spoiler
On 12/31/2018 at 12:04 AM, eggod said:

i think mine looks like some sort of temple? or something?? i pretty much just did what i thought looked good 

Screen Shot 2018-12-30 at 11.49.37 PM.png

Now:

1007962739_ScreenShot2019-01-01at10_42_02AM.thumb.png.751c1e5c8c3742d8410657f19c2291b5.png

probably going to end up making a few more minor changes before I'm out of time, but I think this is basically what my final version will be.

Edited by eggod

So many beautiful forts... and I still haven't got any new resources. I've filled my Level 50 bar up twice now (it's a bit hard when all you have is snow cannons, but I'm still out of wood), and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

@Fly-by-Night: Might you have resources hidden behind objects anywhere? See if you can put the magi statue somewhere to help you find hidden resources?

Meanwhile, Encore has made me redo my fort a little, as well. With the appearance of the banners, I've had to stay true to my old allegiance, of course, so this design had to go:

dragcave-snow-wars-2.png

In favour of this one:

dragcave-snow-wars-2-encore.png

Still hoping for some mana crystal spawns (so pretty!), but am happy even if it doesn't happen. :)

@Fly-by-Night it's hard to say without seeing your fort - you might not have any available space for spawns, or they're spawning behind objects.

EDIT: also, resources can't spawn on the chessboard pieces, even though you can place decorations on them.

Edited by eggod

14 minutes ago, eggod said:

@Fly-by-Night it's hard to say without seeing your fort - you might not have any available space for spawns, or they're spawning behind objects.

EDIT: also, resources can't spawn on the chessboard pieces, even though you can place decorations on them.

Aaaaaaaah. My entire fort is covered in chessboard pieces. *facepalm*

Thank you!!

Edited by Fly-by-Night
Edit: I took some away, and the space was just covered in presents...

I was going to try filling up the courtyard with presents, but now there's new stuff.... So tempting! 

I sort of want to make an entire fort out of cats. 

mZtY9RI.png

Here's my cluttered mess that I like nonetheless x)

snowwarsfortyay.PNG.c705eddd2b38498202c1f2c4e418894b.PNG

5eebf05e08.png

This was going to be my final version before the encore. I'll change stuffs around to include the additional contents eventually :) 

ETA:

300881a2a7.png

Edited by Naraku

Appreciating various Fort posts from Page 4 & 5:

Page 4:

Spoiler

Firefury Amahira, There's a lot of visual movement, it's fun to look around the fort. Your stone castle layout w/ the gumdrops is very pretty.

Lady_of_the_Forest, Some interesting and unique layouts. I haven't seen anyone else do a rock setup like that or the cute gumdrop trail.

Arkee, Super! Great symmetry and balanced use of the various objects. A favorite!

MusicalMaladies, A great-looking ice pond. The cabins make it much more inviting, even with the cool colors.

prpldrgnfr, Nice variety of stuff, and it's all very well laid out. One of the most welcoming forts I've seen.

Page 5:

Spoiler

BlueLatios, I like how vibrant the trees make it look.

Azure, The wreath on the statue is adorable. Very nice layout on the hedge garden at the bottom.

dustpuppy, It may be cluttered, but it's cute. Also, snowman army!

Twimm, I think that one is the most festive-looking one I've seen. Very joyous and colorful.

pinkgothic, Great update! Added a lot of visual movement.

seshat1407, The trees and presents make a really nice color combo to look at!

Naraku, That looks like it took a while! I love how neat the place looks.

Finalized version of mine below. Tried to keep it somewhat minimalistic. Had to add a couple of the new items, though! Also moved wreaths, since the left one conflicted with the ginger wall. The new placement isn't very practical for smaller visitors, which is fine. Claudius doesn't use doors. Feel free to bomb it if you need levels/gifts, I'm done decorating.

Spoiler

klDPWi7.png

(Top) I thought this version of my Snow Fort would be the last. (Bottom) Then TJ offered new items...and...and an army of Snow Snowas took over...help...

Screen Shot 2018-12-31 at 8.06.23 PM.png

954226034_ScreenShot2019-01-03at11_28_49AM.png.4952d9b6427fd8f4ca4e4bc1ff47a813.png

Edited by Lady_of_The_Forest

Question: how are you folks building the square stone tower forts with the round towers, please and thanks?