Lumos Rose

Show Your 2018 Snow Wars Fort

My 2013 Fort where there was what appears to be a civil war.

My 2018 Fort or should I say cottage in the woods.

Edited by sara4cows

14 hours ago, Dalek Raptor said:

My fort (pardon the black background, it's on mobile and it was screwing up ever since the update)

Wow, Dalek Raptor - are you a mathematician, a chess master or something like that? :lol: Your fort looks incredibly neat and structured.

@catstaff: I love your glitch! It loooks like a flying castle!

11 minutes ago, Fly-by-Night said:

Wow, Dalek Raptor - are you a mathematician, a chess master or something like that? :lol: Your fort looks incredibly neat and structured.

Thank you~ it took forever to do on mobile and a pain when I was trying to repair/move stuff around. I had a gingerbread mansion at at first but the ginger bread house came back and I had to redo my entire fort 

IMG_0492.jpg.12e5cb4a671bdb1982976188f373ac0f.jpg

IMG_0507.jpg.7cc3cc98488b0cdfbbc67ea4af750370.jpg

I'm noticing now that the big trees sat squarely on a tile the last time round. I think I preferred that. Overall this is one of my favorite events ever!

I had a lot of fun making stuff for this event.  The chessboard and pieces are my fault, lol - among other things like the castle, trebuchet, and short ice walls - but the chess set was my favorite to make.  My fort has an ongoing game between my sons' creations, the blue flamingo and the crow.  They actually moved the pieces into this position from the starting position.  Alas for the flamingo, the crow is probably going to win.  The little booger has gotten pretty good but he hasn't beaten his Mom yet!

finalfort.png.a735f85104693665498493bd812b04d5.png

'Good to see report on you and a sense of how things are going in life, @LadyLyzar! 'Sounds like your family had a good time in real life and with DC. Noice! 👍
Man, I loved this event. 'Was ill from horrible allergies this year, so I've been very quiet, but I got to do the event! Best evar!!! (Really wish I could have done more - ie. bigger board to work with. So many things I wanted to build!!!)

Here's my Snow War Fort:

20190106224815-cb8817a3-me.png

And here is my "Snow Peace" Fort:

20190106224816-b6fe8e6c-me.png

Edited by Nyxity

8 hours ago, LadyLyzar said:

I had a lot of fun making stuff for this event.  The chessboard and pieces are my fault, lol - among other things like the castle, trebuchet, and short ice walls - but the chess set was my favorite to make.  My fort has an ongoing game between my sons' creations, the blue flamingo and the crow.  They actually moved the pieces into this position from the starting position.  Alas for the flamingo, the crow is probably going to win.  The little booger has gotten pretty good but he hasn't beaten his Mom yet!

finalfort.png.a735f85104693665498493bd812b04d5.png

^ I put the pic in a spoiler to save room, no other edits made to the quote.

Well, mommy does seem to have a very good grasp on chess theory. Maybe, to throw her off her game, the little one should try this book... ^_^

Edited by olympe

Mine looks like this!

x2NCIyo.png

It isn't anything special really, I feel like I could've worked on it a bit more too since I left it in a rather simple state.

Snow Fort 2018 vs Snow Wars 2013 :3

SnowFort.jpg

SnowWars.jpg

Edited by Belisar

It was fun to decorate my fort, I'm so happy I had time for it this year. :) And what gorgeous creations people are sharing here!

My fort

In comparison to the first time around where it was really empty ((because I had no idea what to do with everything)) I am really happy with how my new one turned out! It's modest if not mysterious. ^_^

WB

Edited by Wolfs_Bane

Everyone's trees are so beautiful! I almost used a snowflake theme on my tree, but I ended up not. I am sooo happy with this year's event - I missed the original tree decorating and always regretted it, so here is my first ever TREEEEEEE

And here is my WREATH! I'm super proud of the blinky stars! Originally I did a thing where I tried to use every decoration at least once. It was cool, but very busy. I like this one a lot more 😃 Especially the blinking pattern :D

Here is my GINGERBREAD HOUSE! It originally had a red-brown-snow theme, with decorated cookie trees in the yard and poinsettia vines on the house. I couldn't get the trees to layer right this time, so I replaced them with poinsettias and changed the color theme. My little story behind this design is that the house belongs to a Holly dragon, and all the hatchlings are coming over for a holiday celebration.

And here is my SNOW FORT! Originally I had a large castle with a log cabin and gingerbread house, each with their own separate yard. This time I made it a little more complicated, there's a park where Snowas are building snow creatures, a forest where the white reindeer are hiding, and the Script and Aegis dragons have each built their own fort and are preparing for battle.

My fort looks pretty much like 2018. I have ony changed some minor things. What a pity that it is still not possible to put a path element on both sides of a bridge. That's the only thing I really want to change.

I didn't change my fort much. But... finally managed to find place for ALL the birds! Some are pretty well hidden though.

My Fort

No partridge on a pear tree, but a penguin on a festive stump is close enough... By the way, for some reason, the stump's description in the game always makes me laugh :D

Edited by Auriene

1 hour ago, Auriene said:

I didn't change my fort much. But... finally managed to find place for ALL the birds! Some are pretty well hidden though.

My Fort

No partridge on a pear tree, but a penguin on a festive stump is close enough... By the way, for some reason, the stump's description in the game always makes me laugh :D

Wow, that's a really neat garden you've made yourself there! Great job. :) Mine's comparatively uninspired (basically unchanged since the last time, just used the opportunity to add some more mana crystals in the front row).

2 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

Wow, that's a really neat garden you've made yourself there! Great job. :) Mine's comparatively uninspired (basically unchanged since the last time, just used the opportunity to add some more mana crystals in the front row).

Thank you! Yeah, mine is definitely more of a garden than a fort :) I really like that splendid hedge maze in yours - finding your way to the castle surely is not easy, especially if you are just a random visitor...

16 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

:o Wow! How did you get so many mana cyrstals in front? That's awesome.

1 hour ago, LostFate said:

Patience. Remove everything else that spawns there and hope that one day you'll get a crystal there.

1 hour ago, LostFate said:

I got most of them last time we were working on our snow forts with the method Ruby Eyes mentioned (it helps to block literally every other square on the board and then work through your spawn stack until you have a mana crystal in the one place you wanted, then continue with the next square, etc - you can also just leave all squares you want mana crystals on open, but if it's a row of them you want, then you "run risk" of having a row of mana crystals with a hole somewhere in the middle or so :P hence why I suggest doing it one square at a time), but finished up this year by using the spawns from this year to get... I think it was three I was missing?... final mana crystals. ^_^ I'd put decorative stones into the "missing" places before, which by some measure looked better, but this pleases my inner completionist.

My 2018 screenshot was lost in the demise of Tinypic, but I didn't actually change a thing this year. The glitched trees still annoy me, though... :D

Edited by Aie

Can't remember or find the answer anywhere so do the resources that dropped after last edit stay in our forts? Reading these posts though, it seems like that. Oh, just my luck. :(

Edited by Varislapsi

I just see one snow-covered rock in your fort that appears to be a resource drop.

I myself got a few more mana crystals this time. In 2018, I already made sure that Claudius and the white dragon in the back are surrounded by all the different presents :D

https://dragcave.net/holidays18/Ruby+Eyes

That's right, I don't see anything else either. Still, that one does bother me. Well, better luck next year, I guess... if we get to edit our forts again. :D The presents in your fort look quite nice indeed!