Lumos Rose

Show Your 2018 Snow Wars Fort

@Nimras @relaks & @Kelkelen  Thank you! I couldn't resist once the snowcats came back. 

And there are so many creative ideas here! I'm amazed at how different and unique folks make their forts considering we all have the same basic materials to work with. :) 

Here's mine.  There's still a bit more work to do.  I'll replace the remaining weapons and do some last detail work.  I'm not sure I'm too happy with how I did the water to the right, and I'm not too sure about either the snow dragon in the wooded area or the part of the base exposed to the lake. 

Is this ending tonight?  Or do I have the rest of tomorrow?  

Snow Wars 2.png

Edit:  I went ahead and tried redoing the right side with the lake.  I think it looks a bit better now? I don't feel like I'm the best at making water look natural.  

1094710517_SnowWars2b.png.ac350d568e6c4380af8c39ada9b68306.png

Edited by Savynn
adding version 2 of my snow wars 2 map

Ooh, I love everyone's forts! :D This event has been so much fun!

Here's mine:

coo_snowfort.png

I hope there is a way to let my Aegis stay enraged. I like the color better with my fort when he gets all mad about snowballs, lol. Does anyone know?

5 minutes ago, Twimm said:

I hope there is a way to let my Aegis stay enraged. I like the color better with my fort when he gets all mad about snowballs, lol. Does anyone know?

Since everything will be repaired at the end of the event, I suspect that the Aegides will be calm again, too. I agree with the better look though XD

Thank you for posting these forts.  They are all great. :)  I wanted to copy a lot of the elements that was posted here but it was too hard to fit everything and move things around.  Therefore I didn't make big changes but I did make a lot of subtle changes.

IUa10qf.gif

Desperately uploading mine before I need to dash out of the door. V happy with mine, this was so much fun!

Snow fort.JPG

Thanks to you, I've also finished. :)

Now, who wants to see happy, happy snowmen who were showered in presents? :lol:

(I built the one missing tile after seeing the screenshot.)

snowy forty.PNG

Rejigged mine again and think I'm leaving it well alone now, I took out the rest of the snow cannons and made a little pond garden instead, much more homely :)

snow fort again.JPG

Yeah, this little Egyptian temple-, terracotta warrior-, LOTR-, medieval-inspired keep thing I came up with so far might stay.   It might not.  I have 5.5 hours to make up my mind.  :P

snowfort.png

Edited by blackdragon71

A gift garden, some visiting birds, and Script Dragons sculpting with the snow. :)

christmas_2019.jpg.e35b5fbf102b18d64d9a65eb6016f52d.jpg

and I just remembered I wanted to add some croci, lol. Oh well.

I love seeing everyone's designs! so many awesome ones! But @Cygnet... my jaw dropped... perfection! It looks amazing.

I tried to last minute do something cool with mine, deleted all my snow cannons (should have counted how many I had before lol), built a maze... but somewhere along the way I got lost in just wanting ALL THE DECORATIONS 🙈

image.png.128a947db2e24889d30642e42e8a8cea.png

oh well. I kept a nice symmetrical design in the last snow wars, this one's allowed to be crazy 😆

Edited by Nrogara

I am ever so slightly pissed. I spent too much time making this and did not notice the passing of the clock. As I thought, the damn thing saved incomplete. I wasted 3 hours I desperately could not afford to waste. At least I got a screenshot, but that is of very little consolation to me now. *fumes*

snow fort.png

Snow Wars 2.5.jpg

Is it wrong to already be hoping for a Snow Wars III:Snowmageddon in a few years? :P

Edited by prpldrgnfr

10 minutes ago, prpldrgnfr said:

Is it wrong to already be hoping for a Snow Wars III:Snowmageddon in a few years? :P

No.  No, it is not.  I would love to build an ice pagoda, given the correct sort of building blocks (insert hint here).  2013 had a Roman flavor, this year was medieval.  In five years, I want bonsais and pagodas, with a silver shimmerscale.   Just sayin'.   

//history geeking

My fort has a tree that's hidden behind the wall in front of which it's standing... :(

I did make sure it looked right when I stopped playing, but it still reverted to this. Somehow I feel I should have expected this and just removed the tree, but I was really hoping the "it will be the way it looks when I close the page" thing would work.

image.png.14a21df3c3487f053c6f3ac357a2a21c.png

Oops this is a better place to post my cluttered fort:

myfort.png.d77d71d0e629437f318037ede298be04.png

@Confused Cat I have one of those too :( Half a tree stuck in a wall. But compared with some disasters, I've been lucky. (Actually I can't see yours at all - maybe that's better than a half-a-tree !)

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I wanted to make mine totally different from my Snow Wars 1 Fort, which was very geometric and completely made out of ice. See here!

qmcs8bt.jpg

Edited by HPhaeton