Leidarendi

Zombie plans for Halloween 2018

Halloween is nearly upon us!  What are your zombie plans for Halloween 2018?  Will you be setting aside zombie fodder?  If so, which dragons? 

Does anyone have all the zombie sprites on their scroll (at least adult)?  For those interested, here are all the different sprites:

http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Undead_Dragon

I'm going to attempt to create a zombie sinomorph this halloween. Probably a zombie vampire too, if I have the chance.

I hadn't looked at the undead dragon wiki page in a while.  I didn't realize there were so many sprites now!  I think I'll hold off on trying for some this year but maybe next year I'll try for more.  Though, I could go thru my extra dragons and see about zombie-fying a few of them.  I know I have a few extra of some types.  :)

I need 7 more zombie types, adults... I have a few zombie hatchlings but don't really concentrate on those. 

I'm like super-duper ready this year, a couple months ago I went through my entire scroll and made a 'possible zombie fodder' group with old dragons I don't care about keeping: mostly CBs and 2nd-gens, all with no children so I'm not screwing with other people's lineages, most of them the more easily replaceable breeds. I currently have 570 adult dragons in that group. I'm never going to have to collect zombie-fodder again, lol! I really really want a Western zombie this time, despite it being the most common body type I've never successfully turned a Western. 

I only just realised that I don't have 10 lots of adult fodder for Halloween, and now I'm going to have to waste slots I could have spent on hatchling fodder to make up for it. I have 6 so far, all Kyanites since it's the last type of Adult zombie that I need. As for hatchlings I'm carrying on like always. Hopefully next year I'll have finished my Kyanite adults and my regular freeze goals, so I can start freezing hard to get hatchlings throughout the year in order to kill them on Halloween.

I want to eventually get an adult and hatchling of every zombie but that might take a while! I'm preparing big time for this Halloween. I have 1 adult from every category, and am just starting to catch hatchlings to fog now and probably will continue to get hatchlings until the halloween event is about to start. My scroll is about to get really foggy... 

I got only 5 adults prepared for Halloween because time management... I'm not sure I'll be able to play throughout the 17th to kill them reliably in time.

Instead, I'm gathering a massive hoard of hatchlings :P It's going to be a mess!

I'm missing a gendered Pygmy Wyrm hatchie, so that's one thing. After I get it, my collection is complete. I need to think of something more to do >.>

I'm stocking up on fodder from the AP. This year instead of collecting bred eggs from past years, I'm going to focus on zombification! There's so many sprites available for zombies now, it's really exciting! I don't think I'll be able to ever get all of them - in nine years I've only made 4 zombies.

I really want to try for an undead Wyrm and undead Eastern this year - both of those adult sprites are amazing.

I have quite a few test subjects ready, not as many as last year though. Dropped the ball and totally forgot about getting more varieties. Last year was a bad year for creating them, only got 1 I think. Hoping for better luck this year!

I will definitely try to get more Zombie kids for my Zombie lineages. I have a Group with potential CB Zombie sacrifices (all of which already gave me 2nd gen kids) and I want to try to get two batches this year (I never managed that before due to bad timing).

Remind me of the exact dates for murdering to get two kill batches....

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Remind me of the exact dates for murdering to get two kill batches....

Kill on sometime during the 17th (all times in cave time), I do it at about 4am so that on the 31st I have 4 hours to revive them before the tombstones disappear and your kills come back, then you have the rest of the 31st to do your second batch.

Lots of xenowyrms. They're dang hard to get in the first place so might as well use my spares for zombies while there's a chance.

My zombie goals are to get a male and female adult, and a male, female, and genderless hatchling of each body type. I am a loooooong way away from that goal. I have some zombie fodder in a separate group (all CBs with no offspring) that I try to remember to pull from each month that has a 31st, so I have several stored up for trying adults. And my scroll is all fogged (CB) hatchies right now in the hopes of knocking out some of those.

I'm a liiiittle worried I fogged them all too quickly for any to gender, but I know sometimes they can surprise you. And if all I get this year is various ungendered hatchlings at least I'll have taken care of some of those!

I hope I at least get enough to use all the zombie names I have set aside!

Almost all hatchies I'm raising will be killed for fodder.

I'll be breeding non-Western dragons / holidaykins for the AP to maybe pick up different body types later.

Priority for me are to zombify some CB Pygmies.

Second Priority are to zombify some CBs after breeding with Witchlights. 

I really want some 2nd gen. Zombiekin to breed to my current Zombiekins.

@Kiyoura

If you like you can always ask me to breed you eggs from my Zombie fodder as I only zombiefy CB Adults. If you want to take a look - here's my group of Sacrifices. I just can't guarantee which of them will be due for this Halloween or which will be chosen at any other time:  https://dragcave.net/group/18706

Edit: Or if you want you can get 3rd gens from my 2nd gen Zombie kids here: https://dragcave.net/group/18746

(We could also swap some 3rd gens after Halloween, if you like)

Edited by Astreya

On 10/12/2018 at 9:49 AM, natli said:

I'm missing a gendered Pygmy Wyrm hatchie, so that's one thing. After I get it, my collection is complete. I need to think of something more to do >.>

Why not starting a zombie lineage? :3

I bred Balloons to the dragon types I still need zombiefied, and hope for some returner on Halloween.  xD

then I can breed the 2nd gend together and have a zombie base line. IF I get lucky enough an matching 2nd gens have a zombie parent that is...

xD

@Belisar

Zombie Lineage Pro tip: You should breed another set of kids from the pairs you have chosen so that you have both a male and a female kid of each. That way you will definitely get a breeding pair of 2nds gens as long as you have the luck that two of the Sacrifices zombify.

Edited by Astreya
Typos, typos...

Yeah would have done so, @Astreya, if I had made up my mind about that lineage plan earlier xD

Balloon are amazingly lousy breeder and I consider myself lucky to have squeezed at least some eggs out of them 😜

Next year then :3 Now, I have filled my scroll with time out hatchlings ^^

@Belisar

Awww! Pity that. Well, if you remind me, I can always breed you an additional Balloon as sibling to my own potental Zombie kids from my Sacrifices after Halloween. With some luck you'd get one or the other Zombie kid from that, too. Do you always want to have a Wyvern mate, by the way? If yes, I'd have to collect some more Coastals in the future (but then, a Coastal PB lineage with all Undead Wyverns could look cool, too.)

Edited by Astreya

I'm only planning to turn CB's into zombies this year, since I don't have any biome tombstones yet!

i... forgot about this, but I still have time to breed the couple that a child of their i need to turn into a zombie to continue the name theme I got going on.

And i have a few zombie attempts that dodge that I still can use.

Hopefully this time around I can get a Soulpeace zombie. :D