Leidarendi

Zombie plans for Halloween 2018

I'll try and work on completing my set of Zombie sprites. Got only Sea Serpent, Wyvern and Western ...

Got up to 42 Fodder raised specifically for this Halloween. Killed 5 Adults this morning, but accidentally killed 2 of the same type 😱 Hopefully it doesn't bite me in the butt. Currently waiting on almost 20 hatchlings to die in the fog because they take up so many damn slots. I've been working on this since September and this will be my first DragCave Halloween. I'm pretty pumped.

Quick question: does 'Halloween night' mean the transfer from October 30 to October 31 and/or October 31 to November 1? I really hope it's both because I killed my first batch at 7 EST instead of 12 EST.

4 hours ago, Looti said:

Got up to 42 Fodder raised specifically for this Halloween. Killed 5 Adults this morning, but accidentally killed 2 of the same type 😱 Hopefully it doesn't bite me in the butt. Currently waiting on almost 20 hatchlings to die in the fog because they take up so many damn slots. I've been working on this since September and this will be my first DragCave Halloween. I'm pretty pumped.

Quick question: does 'Halloween night' mean the transfer from October 30 to October 31 and/or October 31 to November 1? I really hope it's both because I killed my first batch at 7 EST instead of 12 EST.

Well done, you're more prepared than I am.

Halloween night = the very early hours of Oct 31 (0:00am - 6:00am on the 31st). So Oct 30 to Oct 31.

On 10/18/2018 at 4:14 AM, Looti said:

That's definitely a lot of work!

I was late to the party + didn't know what to do so I'm not that prepared, but I've made a zombie folder too so I know which dragons I can sacrifice without messing other people's lineages. And I've let some hatchies die too. Should have made more, but I didn't think of it and ... priorities. Oh well, I hope at least on of them transforms and that some of my adults too :P 

I'll be prepared next year.

I have to be careful with the time slot, too, because I'm 6 hours ahead of the cave time. 🤔

This is the first year I fogged hatchlings and am waiting for them to perish behind the wall of fog. I know they are only sprites and are not real ... but its like the stabbing message you get when you do the kill command ... they look at you asking why they were betrayed as the life fades out ... It always makes me feel a little bad, but the vamp sprites are just so cool. I wish on halloween they could breed.

For my zombie fodder, I made a folder for dragons called zombie fodder and during the year I put dragons in it that I will attempt to kill and/or use. They are either cave-born or dragons I bred. I don't use dragons bred from other players in the mix ... just don't.

Though, if a hatchie genders in the fog ... can they grow up in the fog?

19 hours ago, Gruff said:

I hope not! If mine do, I will let you know! I have 9 fogged ones right now that all gendered, less than 18 hours to go.

And if anyone is interested, my zombie group 22 so far ❤️ https://dragcave.net/group/44936

Edit: All of my fogged, gendered hatchies died. Average 2000 views on each.

Edited by Tetelestai
Adding info

1 hour ago, Gruff said:

This is the first year I fogged hatchlings and am waiting for them to perish behind the wall of fog. I know they are only sprites and are not real ... but its like the stabbing message you get when you do the kill command ... they look at you asking why they were betrayed as the life fades out ... It always makes me feel a little bad, but the vamp sprites are just so cool. I wish on halloween they could breed.

For my zombie fodder, I made a folder for dragons called zombie fodder and during the year I put dragons in it that I will attempt to kill and/or use. They are either cave-born or dragons I bred. I don't use dragons bred from other players in the mix ... just don't.

Can't grow up in the fog because they needs view to age up but gendering happens after a certain amount of views/time left. (IIRC Stunned hatchies can also gender while Stunned.)

Edited by DuskOfTheStars

I had big plans to have a couple pairs for tombstone/zombie checker attempts, but all I'll be attempting is to kill and zombify my Dead Fodder and Son of Dead Fodder - ran out of time to breed another backup or two. I might breed one of my CB Shadow Walkers to a random CB for a chance at a 2nd Gen from a Zombie, depending on how the rest of my holiday plans play out.

Can't believe I forgot the failed Vampire bites from earlier this month would use up my kill slots - I should be able to make more than one attempt at the kills, but I won't have as many as I'd like if they decide to dodge the blade.

Anyone else having bad luck killing their zombie fodder? I’m one tombstone out of nine kill attempts.

I kinda dropped the ball on getting adult fodder killed off in time, so only gonna have the kill chances for Halloween night itself, but thankfully I have a wide range to choose from, and I plan on starting getting the hatchlings this year....provided everything goes according to plan.

I'm still trying to get a Kyanite Pygmy to zombify but I haven't seen any at all, can anyone recommend me which habitat are easier to find?

Edited by meruru

1 hour ago, meruru said:

I'm still trying to get a Kyanite Pygmy to zombify but I haven't seen any at all, can anyone recommend me which habitat are easier to find?

Kyanites seem to be fairly scarce lately, but I have seen a couple in the Alpine and Jungle. Camped out in the Desert for days and didn't see a single one there.

I've tried getting zombies pretty much every 31st this year, but haven't had any luck since last December. So I'm really hoping that on Halloween my unlucky trend will change… will try ten adults of different types (though I lack more than 10 so I won't be able to get all varieties yet) and have about thirty hatchlings I'll try to revive… feeling so sad when I look at the graveyard my scroll currently is, but at least it does feel very Halloween-y...

Five adults killed, two more to go soon. Just watch me get absolutely nothing like last year. 😐

Killed 5 Easterns in the hopes of getting an Eastern Zombie this year. OwO I always forget to prepare for this.

I hadn't really made any plans to make Zombies but since I had some extra frozen babs I decided to kill a few to revive. Here's hoping I'll get some undead babies.

Of my thirteen attempts (5 adults, 7 hatchlings), I have successfully turned 5 of them (two adults, three hatchlings). This is probably my most successful year to date, and I also found a zombie I had no recollection of creating last year >.>