Chaos Rider

Add remaining dragons found in the cave to the market

Not counting Prizes and Holidays, the following dragons are missing from the market: Zyumorphs, green Two-headed Lindwyrms and Sunrises/Sunsets. Zyumorphs are biome based but I'm not sure why they didn't get added along with the other biome based dragons (such as Xenowyrms) when the Market got updated. Likewise we can only buy the blue/silver (alpine) Two-headed Lindwyrm but not the green forest one. Sunrise/Sunsets are determined when the egg hatches not when it is created. Why are they left out when Glory drakes (which are determined by when they are created) get added?

I don't get the suns and the Glories, but while most of the others are biome dependent, they also have their own entries in the encyclopaedia - that's what seems to be the critical issue.

I forgot about the Zyus sharing an encyclopedia entry. Although once you unlock them shouldn't you then be able to buy all forms in the market?

I'd be fine with seeing Zyus as too rare to be in the market if it weren't for metallics being there; it just seems weird for them to not be there.

Sunrise/sets, I can... sorta see why they're out. Day/Night Glories can simply rotate in the market depending on which spawns in cave, but what do you do for the Sunrise and Sunset? That's two different dragons sharing an egg. Not as simple as rotating the eggs.

But really, just put 'Sunrise/Sunset Dragon' on the egg and make it work like normal. Anyone buying them from the market has unlocked them in the encyclopedia anyway, and if anyone is still confused there's the wiki. Maybe a note, along with the 'this egg is not tradeable, not protected from sickness, etc' stuff, that says 'this egg will hatch into a Sunrise or Sunset depending on the time it hatches' or words to that effect.

...I really don't know why green lindwyrms aren't there. I had to check because I didn't believe it. TJ plz add

Edited by Zeditha
typo, greed lindwyrms lol

I think the fact that they have only one entry is what prevents this. Same for the two-headed lindwyrms.

I SUPPOSE (I have been thinking about this) the Glories aren't in because the market effectively means you can pick your time and that's sort of not how it all works ?

Of course that's how Glory Drakes work. Pick your time and get your Glory Drake egg. That's why right now you can buy "Glory Drake (Day)" for just 100 shards, if you unlocked that. ;)

Sunrises and Sunsets should be even easier, since they all are just called "Sunrise" eggs. The mechanic doesn't need to be spoiled in the Market blurb. I think they may just have been forgotten about.

Anyway, Two-Headed Lindwyrms are biome-dependent drops, just like Florets - which are both in the Market. Baikalas and Coppers are there, too. Seeing this, the Zyus should be codable, too. Maybe TJ just hasn't gotten around to adding those yet.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I certainly hope that the remaining dragons will be added -- especially the Zyus because for the moment I have all I need of the others, but the Zyus would tempt me to use shards that I have been saving for a Gold.

It does seem that anything that is available in the cave should be in the markdet and I suspect that TJ has plans to add them, since he has already added some that were not there originally.

All the ones that are missing are ones that share an entry in the encyclopaedia except the glories and the suns - which are just weird; I don't get that at all.

4 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

All the ones that are missing are ones that share an entry in the encyclopaedia

That cannot be the reason, since there are plenty of examples already in the Market that *also* share an entry.

e.g. Pyralspites - share an entry like Zyus, cannot breed each other, just like Zyus cannot

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I think perhaps if Sunrise/sets were to be put in the Market it might be better for them to only be available depending on the time they’d be available in the cave. E.g. the egg is available at 06:00-12:00 and it’d hatch into a Sunrise, and then again at 18:00-00:00 and when it hatches it’d be a Sunset. It wouldn’t be available for all the time between those two periods, exactly as it functions in the cave.

Zyumorphs I completely agree should be available as the Xenowyrms are - I feel like the encyclopaedia should be modified to treat each egg as a separate “species” so that it can track how many of each we’ve come across and present them in the market accordingly. Or better yet, actually create individual encyclopaedia pages for them because I eat that lore for breakfast because I feel like they should act as Xenos do.

As for green Two-Headed Lindwyrms, I actually have no idea what’s going on with those. They should definitely be added.

Exactly. Sunrise/Sunset should be just as easy to add as Siyats, because the variant you get depends on the hatching time. (Okay, so it's a fixed time window versus age of the egg, but it still seems very similar.)

I agree there seems to be no reason for Sunrise/set eggs to not be in the Market.... Their mechanic would make absolutely no difference in the Market, since what they are depends on *hatching* time and the eggs are actually available at all hours in the biomes. I'd actually assume that Glories would be the ones missing from the Market, not the Suns, since Glories do actually change depending when they are caught (or bought), but those are actually in there already. And Sunrise/sets do have individual Encyclopedia entries, so it can't be that. 

The Zyus would be a little harder, if in fact Encyclopedia entries are an issue. Of course I've always thought the Zyus should all have their own entry, but I'm not sure how exactly to change/fix them not being in the Market if the reason is the Encyclopedia. Same with the Two Headed Lindwyrms I guess.

But if the different colored Coppers are in the market it doesn't seem that the Zyus and 2-headed Lindwurms are any different than they are in terms of the encyclopedia.

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

But if the different colored Coppers are in the market it doesn't seem that the Zyus and 2-headed Lindwurms are any different than they are in terms of the encyclopedia.

Huh, I didn't even realize that Coppers only have a single Encyclopedia entry. Yeah, that does shoot holes in that theory. 

My bad - completely forgot the Sunrise/sets depend on hatching time, not capture time. Whoops!

But yeah, I can't display my support for this suggestion enough. I'm very intrigued to know what the reasoning actually is for them being unavailable.

I was searching for the reason why sunrise/sunsets are not in the market, came across this suggestion thread.

You get my vote of support.

Support that the missing breeds should be in the market. I hadn't realized that the lindwyrms and sunrise/sunset ones still weren't there.

Over two years since this thread was started, goodness. At this point I'd at least like to know *why* certain breeds aren't in the Market. Two-headed Lindwyrms are now there, but Zyus and Sunrise/sets still aren't, and there doesn't seem to be any real reason for that? At least nothing that us users know about. 

I agree that these breeds should be added in; unbreedables like dinos and cheeses are there, and you would think in the lore they would be pretty rare. 

Zyus can just act like coppers, I suppose they have the same names but coppers do, so.

You could just call the sunrise/set egg a ‘sun’ egg like the wiki calls it. 

Only GONs, NDs and Sinos shouldnt be in the market imo. Probably hybrids/alts too but I can dream XD 

TBH I really don't see any reason WHY Zyus aren't already in the market considering things like coppers and pyrals are, so yeah - support.

Please at least put sunrises/sets in. They're one of the few dragons where getting them at a specific time is actually useful, and if you're concerned about the confusion when someone gets one thing and ends up with something else on the label, well, we already have ridgewings and dorsals for that lovely market confusion, don't we.

Don't you mean glories ? Sun/sets depend on hatching time, not catching time.

And actually the market page has an indicator of time of day at the top. It's not that hard to look before you click - but in fact, the glories STATE which you will get.

image.png.608682f12b33c689e883239c8f69d81e.png

Edited by Fuzzbucket

But it's the Sunrise/Sunset eggs that are missing ...

(and it is useful to get them at the same time of day as you intend to hatch them, to avoid issues when you cannot be around to unfog them on time or somesuch)