Chaos Rider

Add remaining dragons found in the cave to the market

I know they are - what I was pointing out was this:

5 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Please at least put sunrises/sets in. They're one of the few dragons where getting them at a specific time is actually useful, and if you're concerned about the confusion when someone gets one thing and ends up with something else on the label, well, we already have ridgewings and dorsals for that lovely market confusion, don't we.

Suns can be caught ANY old time. Maybe it helps a bit to catch them at a particular time, but it's not a huge issue of confusion.

tj's just... bad at communicating with his playerbase imo. this should have been implemented such a long time ago (i always need more suns and zyus!) and it's really a wonder why this HASNT been added, or honsetly i should be saying FIXED yet.

ALSO, for me personally, id want to get a sun egg outside of its hatching window, to use for neglecting. its a hassle to catch caveborns outside of the window because youre at the mercy of lady luck. that's what i'd use this mechanic for.

Edited by InvaderAlexis

Support-- the Market is there to supplement what you catch in the Cave/AP, and if it doesn't have the full repertoire, then what's the point? Especially Zyus, since those are rarer and people usually use the Market to buy rarer dragons they can't get ahold of in the Cave.

Supporting this, again. It really makes no sense why there are *still* just a couple outliers that aren't in the Market after multiple years with no actual reason. 

On 3/4/2021 at 1:59 AM, HeatherMarie said:

Over two years since this thread was started, goodness. At this point I'd at least like to know *why* certain breeds aren't in the Market. Two-headed Lindwyrms are now there, but Zyus and Sunrise/sets still aren't, and there doesn't seem to be any real reason for that? At least nothing that us users know about. 

And now that we're approaching the 3 year mark, it appears that only the purple variety of Ciriax Lindwyrm is available. I wonder if that changed with the name update? (Unless I'm missing something? But I do have the Encyclopedia entry unlocked...)

Anyway, very much support. The inconsistencies just don't make any sense.

Do we know that abbot the Ciriax ? or is it random, like the dorsals and ridgies ? (Just asking; I totally support this suggestion.)

I THINK it's random - you might get either....

Bringing this back because I was reminded of it.

Support for this, as well as adding in things like the red dorsals and tan ridgewings.

(Also, honestly, I think it would make sense for things like the Pargulus pygmies to have all variants available in the market rather than being determined at random--look at the False-Headed Hydras, you can obtain all of the variants despite those being biome-dependant.)

5 hours ago, KageSora said:

(Also, honestly, I think it would make sense for things like the Pargulus pygmies to have all variants available in the market rather than being determined at random--look at the False-Headed Hydras, you can obtain all of the variants despite those being biome-dependant.)

That makes sense, hadn't thought of it before but it's really weird that some biome-dependant variants are available and some are random. Surely they should be consistent?

29 minutes ago, MissK. said:

That makes sense, hadn't thought of it before but it's really weird that some biome-dependant variants are available and some are random. Surely they should be consistent?

I suppose tbe difference is some of them have unique eggs and some have one egg?  There's gotta be some way around that, though.  It's annoyingly inconsistent otherwise...

On 6/26/2023 at 2:36 AM, KageSora said:

I do understand the market is supposed to be to make things easier on users, so I wouldn't be upset if the parg variants were added, but for those wondering, I always imagined their market eggs would be random.

For a little insight, when I was thinking about market pargs and what color they would be, my initial thought on this was imagining going to an open air market, and you see a seller with a bunch of eggs. They don't know where they came from, so neither do you (which is why the biome is market). Alternatively, if market eggs were bred by the merchants, that fits the rng of pargs as well, since they can breed off color anyway. For eggs that look different depending on biome, like the hydras, you could be choosier at the store because you know what to look for, but for eggs that are the same, there would be no way to tell unless the seller knew the origins of the individual egg and my mental market is full of merchants who don't keep receipts
Gameplay wise, the rng aspect was originally important as I had toyed around the idea of a market exclusive color for pargs, but later binned that thought because a gachapon variant sounds miserable and unfun to get. Also getting exclusive dragons is not what the market was intended for. But even after the market alt idea was quickly abandoned, the mental image of a jumbled cluster of market eggs remained.

Note this chaotic marketplace logic only applies to my breeds, I can't speak for the intentions of other users' breeds, and just because its how I imagine the market scene doesn't mean that's canon to how it actually is.

Also the problem with adding the variant colors into the market of breeds where the variants have the same egg sprite, like pargs, is that at this time, TJ has mentioned in another thread that there isn't currently a way to differentiate variants in the market if they share an encyclopedia page. He can't just edit the market names to add the color in parenthesis, which means if all 3 pargs were in the market, they'd all have the same name and you wouldn't be able to tell which was which anyway. So until this is changed, variants that share an egg sprite and an encyclopedia page likely won't appear in the market.

Another thing is that they don't have canon names for their variants. I designed them as blueberry/peach/citrus and if given the choice, that's how I'd want them labeled but since those variant names aren't anywhere on site, users who don't know that's what they're called still wouldn't have any idea what they were picking up (Though arguably a strong hint). Yes, I suppose they could be labeled in the far more boring but direct blue/red/green, but that makes me sad. If my fruity pebbles ever get 'official' market variant names, please let them be flavorful.

That makes sense and those were ones that, while it would be nice to have, at least a singular egg sprite makes sense for the randomness.