Karmo

Help! Help! My trading is blocked forever.

I'm korean. so I don't speak english very well.

First, I've been blocked twice with frequent trading requests. I admit my mistake. So I was careful afterward. But this time, To give a gift, and to find one person I made two trading reguests in succession. And I was blocked forever.... please help T.T......help...

Edited by Karmo

If you mentioned a specific person in your trade request, that is not allowed. The message you get when you create a trade includes this:  If creating a public trade, your message should be applicable to many people using the trading hub, not just a specific person.   Sorry if you did not understand and are blocked, but there may be no way to get your trading privileges back.

I do not know english, so I used translator for necessary funcions only.... oh.... god them........Can't I send an e-mail to the operator..?

Edited by Karmo

You can try sending a PM to TJ09 here in the forums, but the chances of getting your trades unblocked are not that high as it is true that you have broken the rules. Sorry. :0

@TJ09 my first trading message is [anyone no dino? offer! I'll look your scroll]. second message is [□□□! I'm egglocked. so take this egg. Just one egg offer plz]. And I was blocked forever. This is my first raffle in hopes of his happnise... If you happen to see it TJ09, please..

You did mention a specific person, which is against the rules. I'm sorry about your loss of trading abilities, but rule breaking is rule breaking. The language barrier unfortunately makes your situation more difficult. 

Also, I didn't know it was possible to be banned for posting trades frequently? That seems silly to me. Anyone have any info on that? I really wish we just had a list of rules on the site...every day I feel like find some new trading rule, and on the forum of all places...

16 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

You did mention a specific person, which is against the rules. I'm sorry about your loss of trading abilities, but rule breaking is rule breaking. The language barrier unfortunately makes your situation more difficult. 

Also, I didn't know it was possible to be banned for posting trades frequently? That seems silly to me. Anyone have any info on that? I really wish we just had a list of rules on the site...every day I feel like find some new trading rule, and on the forum of all places...

The only real information on the trading hub is here in the forums and scattered throughout the Trading Hub Feedback. I'm guessing if I make a trade and this is a legit question (and the lineage is out there) would I be able to say: I wanna be Rick Rolled?

Hey Karmo, I'm sorry this happened to you. If you like giving dragons, you can post a one-way transfer link (or a two-way trade link saying "Offer a dummy egg if you have no dino" if you want to do this type of gift in the future). The best place to do this on the forums: https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/179338-dc-community-notice-board/

If you need to trade for a different egg, you can always use this: https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/126128-a-dragon-trading-thread-v2-~trading~/

That thread will allow you to post a trade no matter what type of dragon you have. There are more threads dedicated to specific types of dragons (like rare ones) as well.

If you need help understanding the rules for any thread here on the forums, please message me!

Don't count on TJ replying back to you or getting your trading privileges back. They're pretty much guaranteed gone forever. RIP.

9 hours ago, The Dragoness said:

I was actually wondering about that part because we don't ban people for frequent trades(as long as they're all legitimate trades and not spam, of course).

@Karmo Do you know what trading messages got you blocked previously?

This is a very good reason to spell the trading rules out clearly and specifically, IMO. Not everyone speaks English well enough to sift through the forum for clues. "Off-site links are forbidden" is nice and specific. How about something equally straightforward like "Do not use forum names or scroll names"? I can't see how this poor user was supposed to have figured that out from a roundabout remark like "If creating a public trade, your message should be applicable to many people using the trading hub, not just a specific person."

1 minute ago, tjekan said:

This is a very good reason to spell the trading rules out clearly and specifically, IMO. Not everyone speaks English well enough to sift through the forum for clues. "Off-site links are forbidden" is nice and specific. How about something equally straightforward like "Do not use forum names or scroll names"? I can't see how this poor user was supposed to have figured that out from a roundabout remark like "If creating a public trade, your message should be applicable to many people using the trading hub, not just a specific person."

I support this. 100%.

@SkyWolf25 

Like now, I had posted a message for one person because I egglocked. But I didn't know this rule, I knew I had been blocked because I used the system frequently...

This is happening I do not know English. It's sad, but... I'll give up. I admit my mistake..

Thank you for the addition.

Edited by Karmo

When you choose to do a 2-way trade you get a message that says:

Describe what you’re offering and/or help others understand what types of offers you are looking for. If creating a public trade, your message should be applicable to many people using the trading hub, not just a specific person.

Warning: Use of trading messages for any purpose except those stated above may result in disciplinary action, such as loss of ability to create public trades. Off-site links are forbidden.

Edited by Nandeenah

8 hours ago, tjekan said:

+1, definitely in favour of making things as clear as possible, especially when you don’t even get a warning telling you what you’ve done wrong and just get an insta-ban instead.

Edited by RealWilliamShakespeare

I can't actually check because TJ09, but I think right now it's just one kind of vague sentence? It would be good to have it spelled out nicely, in bullet points, especially since there's no message about what you did. Also, are there not meant to be warnings before permabanning?

EDIT: oh hey, I can, here it is:

Describe what you’re offering and/or help others understand what types of offers you are looking for. If creating a public trade, your message should be applicable to many people using the trading hub, not just a specific person.

Warning: Use of trading messages for any purpose except those stated above may result in disciplinary action, such as loss of ability to create public trades. Off-site links are forbidden.

Well, this details some of the rules well, and some terribly.

Edited by osmarks

It seems that this poor user had at least one temp ban before, but since no reason is given for the ban, they misunderstood the reason, and repeated their actual mistake, not realizing that it was the reason for their ban. I really think there should be a reason given when there is a temp ban. That would definitely help someone like this who is not an English-speaker and may not understand the vague language of the trade page.

18 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

It seems that this poor user had at least one temp ban before, but since no reason is given for the ban, they misunderstood the reason, and repeated their actual mistake, not realizing that it was the reason for their ban. I really think there should be a reason given when there is a temp ban. That would definitely help someone like this who is not an English-speaker and may not understand the vague language of the trade page.

Hence why it should be explained in the temporary ban message of why you got banned in the first place. Ban me once, shame on me, ban me twice, shame on the mods for not explaining why the first time, especially for those who aren't on the forums 

I have to start this with saying that I'm not being rude or mean or anything, I am genuinely curious. If the issue here is a language barrier, does anyone have any suggestions about *what* exactly the trade ban should say that would be completely clear despite the language barrier?

The text already specifically says 

'If creating a public trade, your message should be applicable to many people using the trading hub, not just a specific person.'

I admit I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to other language and translations and such, but if *that* text isn't translated clearly, what exactly should the trade-ban text be that *would* communicate clearly what they did wrong?

Honestly it sounds like more of an issue with unclear translators, not necessarily unclear text. If translating the page isn't reliable now there is no reason to assume that it would be reliable when translating a trade-ban reason.

It would probably translate better if it had explicit statements like

• Do not mention people by scroll names/usernames.

instead of the current text.

I think very clear instructions of what not to do, phrased in the simplest way possible, would help.

For example, this

10 hours ago, Nandeenah said:

If creating a public trade, your message should be applicable to many people using the trading hub, not just a specific person.

could be translated into this:

• Do not write a message to one specific other player.
  • Do not ask for a specific code.
  • Do not ask for offspring of a certain dragon or small number thereof. Example: "Want: 2nd gen prizekin from (Jewel)." Or: "Want: 2nd gen from Valentine SA."
  • Do not ask for messages on the DC forums.

Each point is shorter and much better at conveying the point it's supposed to make. Which means that it should cause less confusion when being translated. It also leaves less to be read between the lines - hidden or semi-hidden content that's nearly impossible to translate in many cases.

Edited by olympe

7 minutes ago, osmarks said:

It would probably translate better if it had explicit statements like

• Do not mention people by scroll names/usernames.

instead of the current text.

Its been my observation, regardless of how detailed the rules are, people a: Don't read them (tl;dr), B: don't remember them. C : attempt to find a loophole around them - "what if we do it this way instead?"

The arguments that are most often fielded "The rules are too many" or "The rules are too few."

As I have repeatedly said, the wants box is only What you want, and nothing more -  we are allowing Haves for the time being. The wants box is not to be confused with a shout box.

With that said, I can understand language barrier issues - I still want a visible explanation given along side the ban timer - just so people understand Why without needing to join the forums all upset and confused. (will this translate well? No idea)

I'll give TJ a poke. I was under the impression that there were a couple of bans of varying times before it became a permanant thing.

It is possible that the ban was activated a little late, and the period passed before the user actually got to see it. Its hard for me to see how it works from your points of view. If that is the case, then I would like to see something that would be a sort of reviewable record.

It takes more than one mod to activate a ban on a report (or series of reports).

OP: What's your scroll name?

I expect you might at least get it to be slightly more accurately read if it was a bunch of clear bullet points.

Bullet points would not help, as evidenced by the recent debate with the Terms and Conditions updates. 

Thank you for the poke, Blitzwing, I would consider ESL as an exception for lack of understanding.