TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

I'm curious why there's 6 too. Maybe different male/female sprites for the biomes, similar to gemstones?

Just now, JaneMcAsh said:

What about no dimorphism, but 3 colors of hatchies - 3 adults (1 of each color) + 3 hatchies (1 of each color) = 6 .

that's an idea, i don't remember if the fire gem had one of each hatchling that was then frozen

also one of my pygmy eggs has a entertaining code, too bad that v isn't another o or 0. (and it's fogged so don't bother trying, you darn viewbombers! )

3c852d08cc0cbae6c6eeae8c57b35517.png

Just now, Nightwalkerkey said:

I'm curious why there's 6 too. Maybe different male/female sprites for the biomes, similar to gemstones?

No sexual dimorphism. Color variants without.

I was thinking different hatchie types too, but does TJ ever freeze more then 1 hatchling? Even with different hatchie sprites I can't remember that happening.

Yeah I didn't think that through. I'm usually asleep by now, I just thought I'd come check my dragons one last time and found the release lol not thinking xP I'll let yall figure it out.

How long do his eggs usually take to hatch? I'm usually asleep

I am lucky I stay up late. Had to drop 6 eggs, but I have 3 of each now :D The eggs are pretty

so each gemshard DID have a hatchlign for each color frozen, and they were time based on release and i misremembered

Edited by Sirithiliel

3 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I was thinking different hatchie types too, but does TJ ever freeze more then 1 hatchling? Even with different hatchie sprites I can't remember that happening.

He does if there are dimorphic hatchies. He did so with the Fire Gems.

Edited by Whirlaway

Oh wow! Thank you TJ for the surprise! Can't wait to see what all these glowy babies turn out to look like and I am so happy to see a new pygmy! ❤️

I grabbed two glowing spot eggs from each biome to be safe. I can't wait to see the mystery solved!

Just now, The Dragoness said:

I grabbed two glowing spot eggs from each biome to be safe. I can't wait to see the mystery solved!

same! 

8 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

that's an idea, i don't remember if the fire gem had one of each hatchling that was then frozen

also one of my pygmy eggs has a entertaining code, too bad that v isn't another o or 0. (and it's fogged so don't bother trying, you darn viewbombers! )

3c852d08cc0cbae6c6eeae8c57b35517.png

i love that code, especially as ovo means egg in a few languages, so it's sort of saying oo, egg!

i've been dumping eggs and hatchies all over the place to make room for these pretties. caught 4 spotty ones, and a couple of pygmies. yay for new pygmies, and purple too, even better. 

now i'm frantically watching cracks appear on my er eggs, so i can get two more. of all the times to be egglocked *sigh* .

I'm now egglocked, and belatedly realized the two eggs I traded for today (that I will *not* abandon) were full 7-day eggs, so I won't have room for awhile now...

New release hypppppppppppe \o/ Grats in advance to whoever sprited these. I'm currently locked with 8 antareans so i'll have to wait for catching these, oops.

3 colored dots on each egg, found in coast alpine and forest. Green dot = possible dragon color from forest? Purple dot = Alpine? Blue dot = Coast? Maybe ❤️ Can't wait to see.

😱A Sneaky Second Release?!?!😱

Oh well, there goes my Sunday DC leisure!😄

4 minutes ago, Fortis said:

I am so darn lucky I decided to check Dragon Cave before I went to bed.

Yep, same here. Was about to go to sleep, but then I saw the new eggs and was like 'never mind, I can wait :)'

Yay! Thank you TJ, for this release :D I'm so glad I didn't pick up any new eggs yesterday. I've made my fill with all of them now :D

There are now 217 Unique Breeds in Dragon Cave with these two new dragons, except only one is being counted as a new breed.

@TJ09 Why is it only one of the new breeds counted for Unique Breed Count? It should be 217, but one breed isn’t counted.

Edited by Whirlaway

30 minutes ago, MoonlitSnowWolf said:

3 colored dots on each egg, found in coast alpine and forest. Green dot = possible dragon color from forest? Purple dot = Alpine? Blue dot = Coast? Maybe ❤️ Can't wait to see.

If that's true, I'm glad I picked one of each biome :D

1 hour ago, JaneMcAsh said:

What about no dimorphism, but 3 colors of hatchies - 3 adults (1 of each color) + 3 hatchies (1 of each color) = 6 .

Oh, that's an interesting option as well! Especially since TJ always has 1 adult and 1 hatchie. Hmmm... That means I'll have to get another set once my first set has hatched :D At least I've got one set of male and female from the Alpines. I'll need one more from each of the other two locations to influence them correctly as well :D

Edited by Sheriziya