TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

I'm so excited to have 2 new eggs released this month. And one of them is a PYGMY..... YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Maybe we will have a pygmy Christmas egg, then a pygmy Valentine egg, then pygmy prizes and then a pygmy that alts. The possibilities are endless.

Thank you TJ and Spriters for such a wonderful surprise. :D

11 minutes ago, Alrexwolf said:

Welp, that's honestly a complaint I didn't think I'd see about releases. I think an entire month (usually) to catch/breed 4 of one dragon (assuming adult dimorphism) is pretty fair... then again, I guess it depends on your scroll goals. That just assumes one of each sprite.

You can't exactly blame the game for your play style making it difficult/repetitive. 

Yes, it depends on your play style and can't blame the game, but you never know when the next rare dragon is going to arrive.

So depending on your play style these kind of surprises, especially when there are at least 2 new eggs, affect it. Because you have to adapt to this change in the environment.

Not complaining but could be somewhat disappointing.

Edited by Kegluneq

People seem to crawl out their beds xD

The first 6 were easy enough to grab and now I'm starving in the Coast ;)

Good morning everyone!

People should get their fill eventually, and then there once again should be more eggs than people taking them. Unless common eggs start filtering in before then, like last time

(The amount of people putting up trades for new releases the moment they're released baffles me though. Do they not realise that there's a 5 hour cooldown?)

Now is it just me being impatient, or should TJ's eggs have a crack or two by now? It's probably just me being impatient.

Oh well, my ER needs to hatch first anyways :)

Will walk the dog now and wish everyone happy hunting!! :3

Wow, another release! Exciting! Finally I'm home for the release so I have good internet and my laptop, so hunting them shouldn't be such a pain as the recent ones before. The eggs look super pretty!

Hey, by the way... The "glowing spots" ones look like they gonna have 3 variants, someone else noticed it?

Got a pair of each from Alpine and Forest.  Have to catch Coast later if I need them.

Yay thanks TJ! Just don't mess it up like last time, lol

Glad I got a heads up from a friend!!  SUPER curious abt those "glowing in spots" eggs 👀 hatch, TJ's batch!!

Oh, I actually didn't expect this. Erm, I'm off to catch then.

24 minutes ago, Alrexwolf said:

Welp, that's honestly a complaint I didn't think I'd see about releases. I think an entire month (usually) to catch/breed 4 of one dragon (assuming adult dimorphism) is pretty fair... then again, I guess it depends on your scroll goals. That just assumes one of each sprite.

You can't exactly blame the game for your play style making it difficult/repetitive. 

Then you probably weren't around when monthly releases started to be a thing. ;) There were quite a few people who mentioned not being too happy about that, for different reasons.

I, for example, don't have exact "scroll goals". But getting one to three new dragons thrown out every month is a bit too much for my taste, nonetheless.

Honestly, I often find it hard to remember the names of many breeds from the last one or two years, because I didn't get around to do anything with them besides shoveling them to my scroll on release day. No breeding, no lineage planning. Because there are just too many dragons now. And before you get to the next, the one after that makes its appearance. So it's down to a one-week hype of "yay, the cool new dragon", and then most species are forgotten because, look, the new "cool new dragon". I'm a little sad to see the noteworthiness of each individual dragon species reduced in that way.

And about playstyle making things repititive: Sitting down each last Sunday of the month, saying "Oh, man, another four weeks gone already. Time to pick up the new dragons, let's see if it's two or three this time." tends to be a bit... well, maybe not boring, but instead of being a special day a new release has become more of a routine than a celebration.

I'm still overjoyed when I find out that a certain species in a release is something I really love, but most tend to get a little lost in the masses.

That said: I'm really curious how the Glowspots will turn out ! Colour variations are always interesting. And it's always a great thing to get more Pygmies ! Variations, huzzah ! The egg description screams will-o'-the-wisp, like someone already mentioned. Maybe they are distant relatives of the Witchlights. Pygmy Witchlights. :lol:

Oh, new release! I was not expecting this. Got 4 Pygmies and waiting for my Seasonal Summer eggs to hatch to get 4 Spotted eggs. :)

won't lie I was expecting the "glitched gusty egg" from previous release to be in the next release :(

2 minutes ago, Quetzals said:

won't lie I was expecting the "glitched gusty egg" from previous release to be in the next release :(

I was kinda expecting it too XD 

I very much wasn't. Because I figured TJ would expect us to expect it :lol:

Yay new release.

No, not really. I wish for once there was a proper mass flood for *all* involved breeds. Having to camp for the 5 minute drops it no fun when real life keeps interrupting.

Missed another 10-second drop ...

Oh my! I wonder if the Glowing Spots Eggs have a similar Colour Sheme like Gemshards do. Determined randomly...

I've locked myself now with five of the spotty eggs and three of the little purple ones. :) Can't wait for them to start hatching!