TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

i'm going to try and get a glowing spot one from each biome, just in case ther eis some sort of dimorphisim with so many eggs

1 minute ago, Syiren said:

CRAP! Why did anyone say this was tonight! I thought it was next week! I'm so not prepared!

Where can they be found?

48 minutes ago, Whirlaway said:

This egg seems to be glowing in spots. Located in Alpine, Coast and Forest. Sorts between Sinomorph and Skywing. This egg can be bitten.

This tiny glowing egg tempts you to follow its light. Located in Forest and Jungle. Sorts between Purple and Pyralsprite.

3 minutes ago, Syiren said:

CRAP! Why did anyone say this was tonight! I thought it was next week! I'm so not prepared!

Where can they be found?

If I'm right, smaller one is found in the Jungle and Forest, while the bigger one is in Alpine, Coast, and Forest.

edit: ninja'd

Edited by Toasttt

Well, I got one from that drop. Lags out and they go fast. Oof. 

Managed to get one of each! I feel awesome because this is the first I got anything during a flood.

I had to abandon a floret wyvern and a prize to make space though, that's kind of sad

Watch your new eggs, folks! I am getting view bombed already! Second time this week. :(  Anyway everything is fogged and I am off to bed.

well, I got one of each at least. ^^; I'll try to grab a few more before I go to bed. Wish I didn't have to work in the morning, I'd stay up later if that was the case. 

I'm curious why some people think there will be time/biome based variations, but I'm waiting to find out! It's almost the next hour, if it's hourly like Fire Gems...... Hmmm.

3 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I'm curious why some people think there will be time/biome based variations, but I'm waiting to find out! It's almost the next hour, if it's hourly like Fire Gems...... Hmmm.

Because the egg has three colors and TJ's post has 6 of them :) so perhaps 1 per color, female and male? They're also found in three biomes, so one color per biome?

EDIT: you could even argue green dot = forest, blue  = alpine, purple/dark blue = coast

Edited by Cinspawn

Well, I am TOTALLY locked now! XD My new little eggies are happily covered in a fog blanket, and I'm pretty happy about my catches. Good luck to everyone else still hunting or just starting to hunt!

2 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

If i recall correctly, didn't FIre Gems flood all 3 colors and then went to a time rotation after the release? Or am i misremembering? I know i got CBs of each color and i don't recall coming back at different hours for them, but maybe i did

Just now, Cinspawn said:

Because the egg has three colors and TJ's post has 6 of them :) so perhaps 1 per color, female and male?

lol I totally didn't even notice that TJ had more then usual! See how observant I am!

I'm trying to convince myself that I don't need to dump my Cheese to grab the last biome of the spotted one. They won't disappear if I wait for it to hatch tomorrow. 

Well, I did what I could, but I'll have to hunt more tomorrow after work. Hopefully other dragos don't start filtering in yet. Goodnight everyone, and good luck!

5 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Biome based seems most likely. Could be random or hourly, but that doesn't seem extremely likely. They have no dimorph though...

Ah, nice!  that was unexpected.

I'm guessing the larger egg is biome trimorphic, with the dragons having different colorization for Forest, Alpine and Coast biomes.

I'm guessing the smaller egg is the only one dropping in the Jungle biome.

2 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I'm trying to convince myself that I don't need to dump my Cheese to grab the last biome of the spotted one. They won't disappear if I wait for it to hatch tomorrow. 

Did someone say CHEESE? I'd take that off your hands, LOL

I grabbed one of the spotty guys, but I'm locked and uhhh might have accidentally killed an egg with a vampire bite :P

Just now, Data_Girl_3 said:

Ah, nice!  that was unexpected.

I'm guessing the larger egg is biome trimorphic, with the dragons having different colorization for Forest, Alpine and Coast biomes.

I'm guessing the smaller egg is the only one dropping in the Jungle biome.

The pygmy egg is in Forest and Jungle. It is the only one in Jungle, that is correct.

it is interesting there are 6 eggs. If there are 3 colors for each biome, and no dimporphisim would be 4 eggs + 1 to freeze as a hatchling, = 5. And if they had dimorphism, you'd need 2 of each, so 6, + 2 gendered hatchilngs for 8 total

but 6? 

What about no dimorphism, but 3 colors of hatchies - 3 adults (1 of each color) + 3 hatchies (1 of each color) = 6 .