TJ09

2018-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 12th Birthday!

Happy Birthday DC!!!

Loving the Harry Potter vibe with the egg colors

Edited by Anaria

Great new features, improvements, and intriguing new dragons!  I am curious, though; where would I find the Market?  Thanks!  :-D  

6 minutes ago, Reinbeauchaser said:

Great new features, improvements, and intriguing new dragons!  I am curious, though; where would I find the Market?  Thanks!  😄

Near where you see your  user name on the cave page you should see a number with a symbol after it. Click the symbol and it will take you to market.

The symbol looks kind of like a flower/claw slash (to me) but is supposed to represent 3 "shards" (the new currency)

Sigh I know I’m beating a dead horse, but I hope after the seemingly requisite round of old sprite updates (presumably dark greens, stones, and dorsals are on the docket) sprite updates more or less come to a halt.

I’m an artist and a writer; I understand how cringeworthy it can be to look at old works. I also understand DC’s interest in making everything spiffy. But at the same time, with a simple game like this, so much of it centers specifically around the art as it ALREADY IS. I didn’t make a dozen 5g+ lineages with Seasonals because they were good at winning battles or so fun to interact with and feed every day. These aren’t things DC does. I got them because I liked the art... so having the art changed really does feel like having so much work stripped away. Obviously much more care goes into updates now than did long ago, but every change still hurts, often most keenly those who loved the breed best. Once something has been put out into the game for collecting and use, I wish it would stay as we got it, warts and all. After all, it’s those warts we’ve chosen to collect and work with.

These seasonals have totally grown on me. They look like they can finally... breathe and grow? They actually have wings and posture and are more dignified. They have....... shoulders thank god my friends look like they can function gyudf5tfyuilmaooooooooo

Also crossing my fingers that the slytherin eggs look cool!!!!!!! That's my house lmao

The market is the best idea! I finally have a chance at a second gold. Thanks! Also, you are my favourite because you spelled piques correctly. XD

Happy Birthday!

How do you access notifications?

Edited by Charity322

I really rarely do comment on any topics, I know, but on this one I simply do have to - this is soooo great, thank you so much, TJ!

It's the update I was longing for for aeons (at least it felt this way 😉 ) So again, thank you, I'm really really grateful.

Oh, and of course: Happy Birthday DC! ❤️

1 hour ago, Alexiel Dragoness said:

I knew that eventually this day would come. I was looking at my red dragons and thinking about it. Fearing it. And yeah it happened.

With this obsession for perfection we lose precious things.

...Can some things in the Cave remain untouched, please?

Don't get me wrong, I think all the new sprites are great and very well done, but it's not the same.

I loved all the changes in the game but this one. NEVER TOUCH THE MEDIEVAL OLD-STYLE RED DRAGON, IT'S SACRED! (sorry, I know it's too late to say this) 😭

*Hugs* I am also a little down about the alterations done to the red dragon (the winter dragon too), but I like flow the change gave the summer & fall dragons (I'm indifferent on spring). I liked them just the way they are. Some things are beautiful and have their perfection in their imperfections.

On 5/21/2018 at 12:54 AM, Duysterwald said:

I didn't see it at first, either - but I do see it now. One Gold egg costs 4,200 shards at the moment.

Woohoo!! Keep on dropping please, down to 4100. It was at 5200 before which means it would take 52 weeks... a whole year to save up to buy one egg with 100 shards earned per week limit (-_-), which is not guaranteed because the prices change with demand.... Can we change the limit to 250 per week?  *looks hopeful*

The hatchlings look great! I really like how Ravenclaw seems to turn out, keeping my fingers crossed it will be as gorgeous when it grows up. Got a two of them and influenced them to be a pair.

I'm sad they changed the red dragon too. It was classic. Pity you can't choose whether to have the old or new sprite.

57 minutes ago, dragonwishes said:

These seasonals have totally grown on me. They look like they can finally... breathe and grow? They actually have wings and posture and are more dignified. They have....... shoulders thank god my friends look like they can function gyudf5tfyuilmaooooooooo

👍👍 nice ouo

2 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Sigh I know I’m beating a dead horse, but I hope after the seemingly requisite round of old sprite updates (presumably dark greens, stones, and dorsals are on the docket) sprite updates more or less come to a halt.

I kind of hope the Albino's get an update some day. The way the adult holds his head must really starting to hurt after such a long time ;) 

oh sweet arceus yes! re-drop for today!

and now that everyone's mentioning the similarity between the eggs and the Hogwarts houses, guess what I'll be naming my dragons~ 😉

The market is pretty useless for me since the only CB dragons I'm missing and don't have all the pairs of are the CB Prizes and I can't collect shards to get them 😩

2 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

I’m an artist and a writer; I understand how cringeworthy it can be to look at old works. I also understand DC’s interest in making everything spiffy. But at the same time, with a simple game like this, so much of it centers specifically around the art as it ALREADY IS. I didn’t make a dozen 5g+ lineages with Seasonals because they were good at winning battles or so fun to interact with and feed every day. These aren’t things DC does. I got them because I liked the art... so having the art changed really does feel like having so much work stripped away. Obviously much more care goes into updates now than did long ago, but every change still hurts, often most keenly those who loved the breed best. Once something has been put out into the game for collecting and use, I wish it would stay as we got it, warts and all. After all, it’s those warts we’ve chosen to collect and work with.

This ^^^ I spent a lot of time creating long lineages with the Spring and Summer Seasonals and giving them names with places I love. Now, I don't even want to look at them and I feel like ripping away all the names and giving them to some other dragon breed. Total waste of time catching, raising and creating the lineages over the past many years.

9 minutes ago, MessengerDragon said:

I've heard it said that some of these sort next to the leetle tree. But what name does the leetle tree use for sorting?

I assume it just uses 'Leetle Tree'. It sorts between Kyanite and Lumina, so that would make sense.

The hatchlings are all beautiful! The red and yellow ones are my favourites so far, but all are very cute. :wub:

On 5/21/2018 at 8:29 AM, TCA said:

is this a good time to mention that in the original file where the seasonal updates were in progress

image.png.77d58663bba3c49ee436155be7f81be1.png 

I spent the entire time making lineage tile mockups as I went, debating every little thing that altered them even slightly, walking back some edits because it was TOO much, and overall trying to balance improvement with preservation? i-it's not like I wanted to preserve your lineages as much as possible or anything, b-baka

Ok, I'm late to the party and all, but wow! Side-by-side comparison really shows how much those were improved with at the same time preserving their characteristrics. Thank you for that! For me they are much more attractive now.

Also, thank you very much for the trading hub and the market canyon! Of course also for the new dragons - happy birthday, DC!

Uhhh. I feel really blind, but the slytherin S2 says "and look! It's grown wings!" 

I can't see wings on the sprite? Are they just really tiny...?

Love the idea of the market. Finally, I can get my hands on a cb gold! 8 years I've been playing this game and it's the only egg that's eluded me. :)

4 minutes ago, Alrexwolf said:

Uhhh. I feel really blind, but the slytherin S2 says "and look! It's grown wings!" 

Yeah, the wings are really tiny, and also positioned so they blend in with the tail.

3 minutes ago, Alrexwolf said:

I can't see them either. I suppose they could be on it's body, but I spy leeetle white marks on it's head. Could those be like wing-fins? Slytherin's dorm is under the lake. Could this Slytherin-type dragon be a water dragon?

I'm getting the urge to do a mass-breed of seasonals on this Seasonal sprite update😉

18 minutes ago, whitestar said:

I can't see them either. I suppose they could be on it's body, but I spy leeetle white marks on it's head. Could those be like wing-fins? Slytherin's dorm is under the lake. Could this Slytherin-type dragon be a water dragon?

look carefully at the highlights near the chest area. there are two stubby wings. They are definitely appendages, but look more like stubs than wings to me.