TJ09

2018-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 12th Birthday!

Happy birthday to Dragon Cave!

As always I'm excited to see the new adult dragons, especially the green ones! I'm definitely liking how they really do resemble the house mascots of Hogwarts. :D

The thing I like the most are the sprite updates. They look so shiny and polished and it's refreshing - the spring seasonals look especially adorable.

Apparently I need more Pinks for influencing... I think I realize that with every single new release and then forget to actually collect more. I have now properly influenced my first batch of these new breeds, so I should have a male and female of each type. But now I only have 8 male Pinks and 7 female Pinks available to influence. 

I wish TJ did the magically-low-timer thing on his hatchies the way he does his eggs, lol. I mean I know that would probably never happen, but come ooonnn I wanna see the adults!

Forgot to check yesterday (and was on mobile anyway). Amazed to have been able to easily grab two of each. Have to check the rest later…

Happy cake day to DC! 😘
I regret reading people's interpretations of the breeds that they're Hogwart houses! I'm not even a wizarding world/pottermore nerd but I'm gonna be addicted >_< I even went to take my sorting quiz and just found out I'm a Hufflepuff. Now I want to make an army of that yellow dragon omg lmao. 

I tend to hoard Seasonals, but I'm going to admit that the old sprites always reminded me more of Pokemon than dragons. Love their new update!

41 minutes ago, Azurean said:

I even went to take my sorting quiz and just found out I'm a Hufflepuff

lol got curious and did mine  Gryffindor

Happy birthday, Dragon Cave!

..😮!

Amazing! Thank you, TJ, for all your hard work coding this! 

Soooo excited that there's an in-game trading system. I've never had much luck in the forums and I deeply miss EATW. The trading page is awesome, my only critique is that there doesn't appear to be a way to just browse offers (or maybe I'm blind and missing it, I can only see a handful of public trades). 

Excited about the new release too (Harry Potter themed?! Heck yes!) and I can't wait to see the adult sprites. Overall good event, thanks TJ!

Okay I seriously need to stop looking at the trading hub while I'm egglocked. So many pretties!! I'm seeing multiple awesomely-messy lineages that I would loooove to have but I'm locked for a good 11 more hours (and that's if they hatch on time). Love-love-love this new trading hub, can't wait to dive in when I'm unlocked, but I really need more self control, lol.

4 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Okay I seriously need to stop looking at the trading hub while I'm egglocked. So many pretties!! I'm seeing multiple awesomely-messy lineages that I would loooove to have but I'm locked for a good 11 more hours (and that's if they hatch on time). Love-love-love this new trading hub, can't wait to dive in when I'm unlocked, but I really need more self control, lol.

OMG yes I understand completely Looking at all those I would love to trade for and cannot

Cool that it's been around for so long! I actually completely forgot about the anniversary, but was luckily able to easily grab two of each a few hours ago. Can't wait to see how they look once fully grown. People are mentioning something about Harry Potter, but the comparison is lost on me, as I know nothing about the series. 

Anyway, great new updates! I keep accidentally clicking on Trading instead of Dragons, though, as the distance I move my hand to click on it is reflexively moving to where Dragons used to be. XD I haven't really done much with trading, yet, but am very happy to see it implemented, as doing so in the forums is cumbersome, and trading overall became really difficult since EATW closed (I honestly haven't traded a single dragon since it closed.) My only complaint about it, so far, is that there aren't very many public trades listed at all, forcing me to have to tediously sort through the Breed dropdown to see more offers. And concerning the enhanced sprites: they look very nice; those ones always looked a bit off and outdated, and I like how the new ones still have the same pose and such as the old. Great work from the artists on them ^^

Not sure on this new Shard currency; as of now, I think it's an awesome and much-appreciated system, but I really don't want there to end up being "Shard-Exclusive" dragons down the road, or ways to get shards besides your own actions. I do like the weekly limit and the fact that they can't be traded, so that it can't be abused, but I wish the limit was a teensy bit higher.

Anyway, awesome updates, and congrats on keeping such a cool site still fun after all these years. :D

I love all the new stuff, the sprite revamps are amazing. I can tell a lot of work went into them, the seasonal dragons especially are breathtaking. There's so much more detail now; I can see more personality in them.

Thank you so much and sorry I didn't say it sooner but happy birthday DC. 💙

Come back after months of being gone to a wonderful release and an awesome birthday to DC as well ❤️
Many thanks to TJ and Spriters for making this a spectacular release cx I'm super excited that we now have a market along with a neat currency system to make playing more interesting for sure. Also really appreciate the new trading center and notifications as well, I've been really needing those too xD

Now those Sprite updates though ;u; absolutely love the way the Reds and Seasonals look now. While I have gotten used to the older sprites for the longest time there's no doubt that they look stunning and I look forward to getting used to their new perks. Might even tempt me to make lineages with them now so that's super exciting ❤️

So with all being said, Happy Birthday DC! I look forward to the next one. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DC!! 

I think I'm going to love the changes!

I'm glad the reds got an update; the heraldry look only works if the entire site has that theme, and DC doesn't. It made the old Reds stick out in a very negative way.

WOAH!!!! Happy Birthday DC! Love all the new changes - especially the updated Red sprites. Thanks TJ & co! Can’t wait to get a CB gold in 10 months XD (still earlier than I would be able to on my own hehe)

7 minutes ago, coo_ said:

WOAH!!!! Happy Birthday DC! Love all the new changes - especially the updated Red sprites. Thanks TJ & co! Can’t wait to get a CB gold in 10 months XD (still earlier than I would be able to on my own hehe)

I'm also planning on saving up my shards to buy a Gold. ^_^ I think there are probably a fair few of us in that boat. :P I'm very excited about the new market feature and can't wait to start earning shards. 

How come yellow Florets and any kind of Firegems aren't available in the shop? Or any of the Xenowyrms?

Edited by AztecCroc

I have a feeling that I'm going to blow all my shards on lunar heralds, rather than saving them for a rainy day. I always need just one more right before the cycle changes. 

3 minutes ago, AztecCroc said:

How come yellow Florets and any kind of Firegems aren't available in the shop? Or any of the Xenowyrms?

TJ's still trying to figure out how to implement dragons that come in different colours based on biome. Presumably the fact that Fire Gems change colour hourly is also posing a challenge.

6 minutes ago, AztecCroc said:

Certain breeds (Zyus, Xenos, Fire Gems, Red Dorsal, Tan Ridgewing, yellow Florets) were not able to be put in yet. TJ seems to be trying to figure out a way to implement them into the Market.

19 minutes ago, Toyo said:

I have a feeling that I'm going to blow all my shards on lunar heralds, rather than saving them for a rainy day. I always need just one more right before the cycle changes. 

I have a feeling there will be multiple people who do that, it's so easy to forget or procrastinate and then realize 'omg the cycle is changing soon'. And they seem to be fairly cheap, too. 

Just noticed it now, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DRAGONCAVE

Thank you for all those dragons in the past twelve years!

Woah, Happy Birthday DragonCave!

It's very nice release! Past year we had Power Rangers, this year is Harry Potter. :) Eggs and hatchies look so amazing! I love Ravenclaw one.

(But I hoped that Hufflepuff hatchie will be more fluffy)