TJ09

2018-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 12th Birthday!

I don't know anything about Harry Potter, Power Rangers, pokemon, or any other of those references....

Now, do some dragons inspired by MASH, Three's Company, The Jetsons, Hong Kong Phooey, Jabberjaw, or The Jeffersons and I'm all over it lol.

17 hours ago, TCA said:

image.png.e935393621419a43c7a047317e947d36.png

ok

Aw! Lookit, it's he's kept his fierce little w eye.

Also, I super approve of the continued use of the valentine shrugging "emoji".

Happy birthday DC! :D I love the idea of the shards and yay, new dragons!

Also really happy with the sprite updates, they look good!

I'm not sure if I got the egg matched right with the hatchlings, but this is what I refer to them as of now(do we know their names?)

Fuzzy Worm Boi

image.png.73bef40a5e25f656b7b6f023d50dbc1f.png

T-Rexxers

image.png.2ca276a291540f6002d21b72f37ef1eb.png

El Pajaro Azul

image.png.1a7534019bec82471ddd6e9602140180.png

Slithering Snekky Snek

image.png.2bf3d0c78fd98f520dd5c0c989816b77.png

Ooooh. I’d like to breed the Gryffindore with a Magma. That’s gonna be a niiiiiiice pairing!

28 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Sigh I finally went and looked at my spring / fall lineages and really don't like the look as much. I do see the technical improvements, and for the sprites I wasn't already as attached to it's quite impressive... but for those I'd worked with the most, every little change of pose and highlight sticks out like a sore thumb. I feel the fluidity of the falls' previous poses was lost especially. :( 

Sadly, I have to agree. :(  And the autumn seasonal used to be one of my favourites.

Did I accidentally cause a stir because I'm not keen on these being HP inspired? :(

I don't... feel like I should have to explain myself so I won't. I'll say that yes, the problem I have is a PERSONAL problem. It should not be taking away other people's fun and enjoyment but to say my problem is "pop culture references" is kind of ignorant. I don't mind them at all. I didn't mind the Zyus and the Legendary Trio Dragons or the Magikarp dragons. I just have a personal problem with HP that does damper my joy. To tell me to "enjoy it at face value" doesn't really work because I know the inspiration behind these dragons. And if these aren't HP inspired and it's all a happy coincidence, well then, I've been a right fool and I'll take everything back. 

I'm sure the new dragons will be fine, and there's plenty of people who are happy about this release and will enjoy hoarding these new dragons. I'm not saying because I don't like the reference, other people can't enjoy things at all. Creating drama is the last thing I want, so if I have, I apologise. 

Also I apologise if this sounds a bit snippy or ornery or something. Kind of tired right now. 

40 minutes ago, Leidarendi said:

I don't know anything about Harry Potter, Power Rangers, pokemon, or any other of those references....

Now, do some dragons inspired by MASH, Three's Company, The Jetsons, Hong Kong Phooey, Jabberjaw, or The Jeffersons and I'm all over it lol.

Where is my like button  I have never had any interest in pokemon or anime or whatever.I just can't.  Harry Potter i do know and enjoyed.

7 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

Did I accidentally cause a stir because I'm not keen on these being HP inspired? :(

I don't... feel like I should have to explain myself so I won't. I'll say that yes, the problem I have is a PERSONAL problem. It should not be taking away other people's fun and enjoyment but to say my problem is "pop culture references" is kind of ignorant. I don't mind them at all. I didn't mind the Zyus and the Legendary Trio Dragons or the Magikarp dragons. I just have a personal problem with HP that does damper my joy. To tell me to "enjoy it at face value" doesn't really work because I know the inspiration behind these dragons. And if these aren't HP inspired and it's all a happy coincidence, well then, I've been a right fool and I'll take everything back. 

I'm sure the new dragons will be fine, and there's plenty of people who are happy about this release and will enjoy hoarding these new dragons. I'm not saying because I don't like the reference, other people can't enjoy things at all. Creating drama is the last thing I want, so if I have, I apologise. 

Also I apologise if this sounds a bit snippy or ornery or something. Kind of tired right now. 

Don't worry; we all have our issues with stuff (the reds will grow on me...) It's a shame that they are spoiled for you, is all. And even more of a shame if that spoiling is permanent. Hugs and stuff.

Omg I am so tired. Legit removed my eggs/hatchies from like 6+ fan sites and one of my "gryffindors" still got sick necessitating me to hide them. 

Im so tired of jerks who have to ruin this game for others because the others have better luck, a differeing opinion, arent banned, etc. So yeah I finally hide my username on my scroll. Sadly I cant remove the link from my forum signature on mobile but once I can get to a library computer I will. 

Cant believe I have to skulk and hide my stuff because of people who legit cant be happy for someone else. 

1 hour ago, cbussiere said:

They correspond to the four houses of the school. Each symbolizes different values, check the wiki link for more info. Alpine is Ravenclaw, coast is Slytherin, forest is Hufflepuff, and volcano is Gryffindor.

Edit: While I think it's cool to have HP-based dragons, I do hope people who haven't read the books don't feel too left out. Especially since this is a special release and not just a normal monthly one. It's still surprising, Hogwarts dragons have been suggested for as long as I've been here but I always thought it was too proprietary to actually happen. But then again, we did get Power Rangers dragons. XD

I'm rather pleased that the book colors (blue and bronze) for Ravenclaw were used, instead of the movies' blue and silver. Although, I love blue and silver in the royal blue dragons. :)

The ravenclaw eggs are the prettiest!! But the slytherin hatchlings are the my fav!! I want to see them grown already!!!!! I can't wait

8 hours ago, Whirlaway said:

I would assume by the wyrm’s description (snake-like) that this breed actually is a wyrm. 

I sure hope so, we really need more new wyrms, it's getting better but a few more releases would be nice.

Also the slytherin dragon just should be a wyrm, it would feel wrong as anything else!

Okay finally figured out how to edit my signature. My forum is now not linked to my scroll.

Now hopefully I can return to enjoying the new release without worrying about having to fog them for half a week! 

I really am liking the "Hufflepuff" hatchies ❤️

1 hour ago, Leidarendi said:

Yeessss! lol 

*pokes time to move faster* I really really hate being locked with high-timed eggs. I tried stalking the AP for awhile just in case a hatchling popped up, since I'm only *egg*-locked, but that got frustrating when I saw eggs I wanted lol! Hmm, maybe I can pass the time by breeding some shinies to the AP, I think that earns shards too?

Where is the new "Market"/in-game currency? I didn't see any new links anywhere except for the Trading Hub...

You earn it by just playing. You can see how much you have at the top of your scroll next to where it says "logged in as ( your name)', with a little flower thing. Click the flower and it will take you to the store.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Okay, so I'm a little bit confused by the market... A few eggs I cannot buy (Glorydrake, Gold, and Seasonal) because it says I must unlock them in the encyclopedia first. The only thing is they are unlocked, I can click their entries in the encyclopedia, and I have them on my scroll. I have had these dragons since before the encyclopedia became a thing, so is that perhaps a reason why I can't purchase the eggs?

2 minutes ago, garyette said:

Okay, so I'm a little bit confused by the market... A few eggs I cannot buy (Glorydrake, Gold, and Seasonal) because it says I must unlock them in the encyclopedia first. The only thing is they are unlocked, I can click their entries in the encyclopedia, and I have them on my scroll. I have had these dragons since before the encyclopedia became a thing, so is that perhaps a reason why I can't purchase the eggs?

There seems to be a few bugs with that right now, but just to make sure: Are the encyclopedia entries *fully* unlocked? Are all the images in each breed's Encyclopedia page showing? I've seen that you possibly only have to have a certain amount unlocked, but it's possible you maybe just haven't unlocked enough. If the entries are fully unlocked, though, it may be a bug.

1 minute ago, garyette said:

Same thing happened with me an Nilia Pygmies and Pebble (Green) dragons. Just pop over to one or two of the hatcheries you use and click on all the eggs/ hatchies you can find of those breeds...if they are bred check out all adults of that breed in their lineage. I did that and the 3 breeds that were locked for me are now able to be bought :3 Basically you need to view them enough that you have the sprite images on their encyclopedia page unlocked (I'm assuming they are all grey for you right now) if you click/hover over the grey images it'll tell you you have to own a certain amount or observe a certain amount to "color in" that sprite image (for example you need to own one egg or observe (click on) 5 eggs)

The hatchlings are super cute! I'm eager to see what our little forest badgers will look like as adults; I like the little whiskers. 

42 minutes ago, blockEdragon said:

I sure hope so, we really need more new wyrms, it's getting better but a few more releases would be nice.

Also the slytherin dragon just should be a wyrm, it would feel wrong as anything else!

The Slytherin hatchling seems to have grown wings when it matured, so it looks like it's not a Wyrm. Possibly an Amphiptere instead.

Just clicking on the encyclopedia page (not on any individual dragons), the 3 I am missing are not greyed out. I have many others that are grey (but still clickable, just missing adult sprites for most I think) and I can buy those in the market. For the Glorydrake, I am just missing the hatchling stages. For Gold, I am missing the egg stage. As for the Seasonals, Autumn is complete but the other seasons are missing egg stage. It would seem I just need to do some clicking around to resolve it, but I was very confused at first because I knew I had those breeds!

Thanks all for your help!