TJ09

2018-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 12th Birthday!

@PieMaster thanks for sharing those gorgeous sketches! :D I love that little tidbit of information about how the bronze greys over time. They're very beautiful dragons! A number of mine have now started to grow up. Now to just decide what to breed them to first!

Screenshot_20180124-235402.jpg.40310737e6b25d409ebf30afb83f971c.jpg

Because I had to make a Ragnarok reference and they fit the bill. |D

17 minutes ago, SkyWolf25 said:

-snip-

Because I had to make a Ragnarok reference and they fit the bill. |D

Great names lol!

I'm very happy with mine too, can you guess which game I've been playing a lot recently? 

hogwarts.jpg.3ddc9e5ea7f604cca22296b9940231ee.jpg

Wonderful adults! Hard to tell a favorite. Thanks for wonderful dragons for this Happy Birthday, and many more to come.

I'm enjoying the names that you guys are coming up with. :D I named a few of mine after the Hogwarts house founders. I was tempted to continue the theme with the rest, but I got a little lazy. Maybe I'll go back and rename them based on people who were in those houses. 

Edited by StormWizard212
There, I did it.

Just wanted to say to the spriters involved - I'm reconciled to the updated dragons and I take back my comments about the Reds. Thanks for your hard work creating new ones. :) Sometimes it just takes a few days to get used to change! 

I have to say, I'm thrilled with this celebration. The trading and market sections of the site will be extremely useful, and I adore the new dragons. Now all the Harry Potter related names I have saved up will have much more fitting dragons. Thank you to everyone involved.

My first batch: 

hogwarts.png.e964542f749728cc5f37e255e23d28de.png

Ooo loving the new dragons!

And congrats, new mods! :D

Thank you TJ for making the new eggs common enough that I am very happily locked with 4 hatchies and 2 eggs of each breed. 
Now to wait for the older hatchies to grow up so I can haunt the AP again. 😸

10 hours ago, PieMaster said:

V8bzLZY.jpg

Here's the original one-and-a-half-year-old concept art of the Razorcrests! It took me a while before I was able to find a pose I liked, and had the skill set to properly visualize the wings and frills in perspective. In the final version, the face changed to be more beaky, a third horn and wing finger were added, and the frills on the side of the neck became one single frill along the neck vertebrae. It's rare for me to work from concept art, so I thought it might be fun to share this!

Fun fact: The silver markings along a Razorcrest's wings and frills are a sign of age; they aren't there when they first mature, and slowly creep in as the dragon ages. The oldest individuals have completely silver wings and frills; the only bronze left is on their inner head crest and talons.

That's so cool! 

Thank you for the info!

Edit: Adds for people who have questions about Market locations, Locations of dragons, and stuff, and don't want to slog through 50 pages to find said info:

Edited by Shokomon
Adding link

Mine have started growing up.  Thanks again TJ09 and spriters for another wonderful birthday!  I love seeing the sketches and extra info about the dragons, so my thanks for that too.

Oh yeah! These look awesome. Now it's time to get 10 of each… Oh this is going to take a while...

I decided on an animal naming theme.

Leodons are called "lion" in different languages, Laculas "snake", Razorcrests "eagle" and Malismors "badger".

I thought about Harry Potter-related names, but as I'm sure a lot of people are already doing that, I decided to stick to my "default naming theme": Naming dragons the same in different languages :D

(I may have watched Dragonheart way to often. "So instead of calling me dragon in your language you call me dragon in another?" <3)

Edited by Gluria

I really love the adults, the Leodons are so unique and pretty😊😊

What is the weird extra wingthingy on the Lacula’s tail tho?🤔

Gotta say I love the Chinese-style sprites on these! And the fact that they're dropping well and are easy to pick up quickly for those with limited time/slower systems!

Again, thanks to all involved in this B-Day celebration!

13 minutes ago, user560 said:

I really love the adults, the Leodons are so unique and pretty😊😊

What is the weird extra wingthingy on the Lacula’s tail tho?🤔

Huh, I don't think I even noticed that thing on it's tail! That looks a little strange... It doesn't look like a fin. Hmm. 

One more huge THANK YOU before this thread gets closed. This was an awesome DC birthday!! Let's hope for many many more!

My entire first batch has passed their NEWTs and graduated Hogwarts (aka grown to adult) enabling me to pounce some delicious er ap finds :D I love the er ap!

Don't have names picked out for mine yet and not entirely sure I'm going with a Harry Potter name scheme or not.

After all, one of my Razorcrests already has a neat code that could influence its name. AnENT ....An Ent lol ...or could even be termed "Ancient". The other Razorwing is literally something like MhYAt (caps probably wrong) ...I keep misreading it as "My Hat" xD

All of my first batch gendered female except for the male influenced Razorcrest XD

I'm so glad I have a pair of the Razorcrests (and that I remembered to use precognition and influence).

14 hours more until they grow up!

One of mine grew up. 😕 I cant say I really care too much about Harry Potter to catch anymore eggs than the ones I have.

Just now, Dalek Raptor said:

One of mine grew up. 😕 I cant say I really care too much about Harry Potter to catch anymore eggs than the ones I have.

Oh, but they are lovely dragons and it is easy enough to ignore the Harry Potter references. But if you don't wish to collect them, that's fine -- more for me! XD 

2 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Oh, but they are lovely dragons and it is easy enough to ignore the Harry Potter references. But if you don't wish to collect them, that's fine -- more for me! XD 

It kind of isn't when you have a whole Discord server talking about it 😂 ah well, at least I have codes on mine

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Huh, I don't think I even noticed that thing on it's tail! That looks a little strange... It doesn't look like a fin. Hmm. 

The things on its tail are another set of wings.

15 minutes ago, Lord Voldemort said:

The things on its tail are another set of wings.

Ohhh yeah now I see the other part of the second one but it still looks kinda weird to me haha.

9 hours ago, hedy said:

Great names lol!

I'm very happy with mine too, can you guess which game I've been playing a lot recently? 

hogwarts.jpg.3ddc9e5ea7f604cca22296b9940231ee.jpg

"Out of Energy" That's too real, man. TOO REAL.

I'm honestly surprised these guys are still easy to grab. I've already got a third pair of each except for the lovely forest dwellers, but I think I'll have a good set after these hatch to work on other projects and such, including catching many cb's and by doing so killing two birds with one stone. I aim to buy that CB Gold from the market!