TJ09

2018-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day!

Anyone else find it awesome how well this new dragon seems to match up with the event?  It's all about gathering flowers!  I really liked that!

Huge thanks to TJ, the spriters, and everyone who was involved in this event.

What lovely new Valentine dragons, the flower theme is especially great! Many thanks to TJ and the spriters for a wonderful event. :)

It ended up being BEAUTIFUL. Probably my favorite Valentine's dragon to date. Funny, that's exactly what the Garland dragon ended up being for the Holiday dragons, too!

Both of mine have gendered female. XD I hope it doesn't get fixed, purebred ones would be really cool next year. XD

ETA - IF there are males in the mix I mean, I misunderstood some posts and thought some people had both >.>

Edited by catzrule1990

I really like the new dragon, particularly the flower-theme and the green on its wings.

I also enjoyed the event very much.

Thanks to the spriters and everyone who contributed to this wonderful event!

I have heard nothing about males, which makes me suspect that this was a very poorly thought out way to introduce a breed that broke the pattern. I hope that's not the case and it's just a typo in the code or similar, but it's the only thing I can think of that would make only TJ having males make sense.

Edited by Guillotine

*wakes up to adults!* Oohhhh. Is this the first time a holiday dragon has totally fit with the actual holiday event-game? I can't remember them ever being so in-sync like this before. 

I was among those hoping for a non-pink dragon and I still VERY MUCH hope for *ANY* color but pink next year!! But I do like that these aren't *just* different shades of pink, the green wings definitely brighten it up and I'm sorta smitten with those itty bitty flowers.

Edited by HeatherMarie
typo

Just now, Guillotine said:

I have heard nothing about males, which makes me suspect that this was a very poorly thought out way to introduce a breed that broke the pattern. I hope that's not the case, but it's the only thing I can think of that would make only TJ having males make sense.

I mean, it could be a glitch. Presumably TJ hasn't weighed in yet, but he might not yet be aware.

15 minutes ago, Data_Girl_3 said:

Anyone else find it awesome how well this new dragon seems to match up with the event?  It's all about gathering flowers!  I really liked that!

Huge thanks to TJ, the spriters, and everyone who was involved in this event.

I do have to wonder if it was done on purpose. XD 

2 minutes ago, songwithnosoul said:

I mean, it could be a glitch. Presumably TJ hasn't weighed in yet, but he might not yet be aware.

I'd have an easier time buying that if it weren't for that the last time we had incorrectly-gendered holidays S2s (the Solstices, IIRC), the glitch hatchlings fogballed upon gendering. I've heard no mentions of a fogball, only that the hatchlings are female.

Oh! Oh oh oh oh! I was so sure the holiday AP wall would be gone by the time I was unlocked, but I just had 3 hatchies grow up and the wall is still there and I managed to catch my 20th-and-final Arsani! (for the second time, I had 20 but froze one so I could hunt messies.)

2 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Oh! Oh oh oh oh! I was so sure the holiday AP wall would be gone by the time I was unlocked, but I just had 3 hatchies grow up and the wall is still there and I managed to catch my 20th-and-final Arsani! (for the second time, I had 20 but froze one so I could hunt messies.)

I hope it lasts til Monday, but... XD

I hope they get swapped out to male becausei have a mighty need to breed these ones with the Garland Christmas dragon. I love these Flower-Crowned dragons a great deal, I might not particularly like pink by itself but I have a weakness for the combo of pink and green colors.

I don't have a strong opinion either way, I just think it's a weird way to introduce a combo-breaker if that's actually what the case is.

23 minutes ago, Guillotine said:

I'd have an easier time buying that if it weren't for that the last time we had incorrectly-gendered holidays S2s (the Solstices, IIRC), the glitch hatchlings fogballed upon gendering. I've heard no mentions of a fogball, only that the hatchlings are female.

Hmm. I was on hiatus when that release happened, so I suppose you'd know better than me. I still want to give @TJ09the benefit of the doubt. (Also pinging him on the off-chance no one's done that yet about the whole Valentine-2018-hatchies-gendering-female thing.)

6 minutes ago, silver_tiger said:

I hope they get swapped out to male becausei have a mighty need to breed these ones with the Garland Christmas dragon. I love these Flower-Crowned dragons a great deal, I might not particularly like pink by itself but I have a weakness for the combo of pink and green colors.

This. And I don't usually do holiday x holiday lineages.

It does seem like this whole event was coordinated with this dragon release. But I thought no one but TJ, not even the spriter, knew ahead of time what the new dragon would be. I could be wrong there, though.

And I would be very surprised if this whole gender thing was not just a mistake.

Female gendering? Hope I can get one. One just hatched today (incubated) so not gendered yet and the other is from the 15th so it'll hatch tomorrow...

I reeeeeally hope they're supposed to be male. Partially because, like users said above, they go so well with garlands. Mostly though because a pink floral "traditionally girly" female-only breed is kinda meh and we already have Rosebuds for that. 

Count me in as hoping them gendering female is just a bug. I'm rather smitten with my Brute/Floral plans and I don't really like how they look with the male Brutes.

Finally! my Vine dragons have a fitting mate!  I can see Terrae and BBW's as mates as well😊

Oh wow if you can have males then imagine Mistletoes as mates!

3 minutes ago, OccultBones said:

Count me in as hoping them gendering female is just a bug. I'm rather smitten with my Brute/Floral plans and I don't really like how they look with the male Brutes.

I'm planning for Floral/Anagallis, because I rather like how they look with the blue females. I'm going to be rather bummed if I can't do that, I far prefer them with the blues over the reds.