TJ09

2018-02-08 - Valentine's Event Schedule

I breed my holidays all the time. I like utilizing the 'breed only the mate's breed' mechanic they have not during the holiday breeding times.

2 minutes ago, SamuelMaybird said:

I'm eager to see the new holiday!! 

Just 15 minutes now! *.* (And of course it's raining/my internet is cutting out. Thor, this is exactly why I like your brother better!! ok not exactly why but one of the many reasons lol

5 minutes ago, Dorchet said:

I breed my holidays all the time. I like utilizing the 'breed only the mate's breed' mechanic they have not during the holiday breeding times.

That's exactly what I do. I don't breed a ton to begin with, but if I want a specific breed I'll usually pair it with a holiday outside holiday-breeding windows because at least then I won't be stuck abandoning unwanted eggs from the other parent. 

..... Omg is there seriously less then 10 minutes until the event and new dragon appear?! Eeep!

34 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Out of curiosity, to anyone who does holiday x holiday lineages (and also monogamous dragon pairings?): Since holiday/holiday pairings can only be bred twice per year (if they are different holidays), do you breed them with other dragons outside the holidays, or do you just only breed those dragons twice a year? I'm finding a surprising number of holiday/holiday lineages in the AP where the parents don't have offspring with any other dragon. 

I breed mine to other dragons during the year....if I remember lol.

Just now, SkyWolf25 said:

Counting down the minutes....

Seconds

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

Out of curiosity, to anyone who does holiday x holiday lineages (and also monogamous dragon pairings?): Since holiday/holiday pairings can only be bred twice per year (if they are different holidays), do you breed them with other dragons outside the holidays, or do you just only breed those dragons twice a year? I'm finding a surprising number of holiday/holiday lineages in the AP where the parents don't have offspring with any other dragon. 

I like Holiday x Holiday lineages, but I have some exclusive lineages.

So far, among my Holiday x Holiday exclusive couples, I only have 1 that breed twice a year, it's a Heartstealing and Aegis couple, the other Holiday x Holiday couples I have are Halloweens, and they breed just once a year.

The other Holiday dragons I have... whenever I breed them it's because I want Zyus or BSA's or if I need a 2G Prize for trading. I don't tend to breed them just toss eggs to the AP. It's because I despise freezing, I don't like when I discover frozen offspring of my dragons, even offspring from Holiday ones, but I can't control that...

Anyway, if anyone would want offspring from my Holiday dragons I breed them for free or trade them, as long as they're nice to the baby (including not freezing >.<)

8 hours ago, The Dragoness said:

That cherry blossom eastern is so beautiful and elegant. I love it!

Thanks!

7 hours ago, Jazeki said:

Just saw the flowery eastern that @Kelkelen drew. Very pretty. I hope we get some sort of flowery dragon at some point this year. I'm also hoping that I can catch new dragons right when they drop as I can't stay up very late due to work in the morning. 

Thank you!  Sounds like we might have a flowery dragon this year...

4 hours ago, SkyWolf25 said:

You need to make it privately(alone or with other artists) and send it to TJ via PM. c: Showing the sprites to a couple of people for crits is okay, but once the sprites are viewable in public before the official release, they're basically disqualified for holiday releases.

+And sketches too! Any art related to the holiday dragon should not be made public. So you may want to hide that eastern sketch just in case. 

Ooooh.  Well, on the very off chance... I will hide it just in case.  ;-)