Shadowdrake

Abandon egg(s) link on breeding results page

I'd like an "Abandon egg" link or button on the "you bred an egg!" page because a lot of times I'm trying for a specific egg for my lineage and instead, for example, I get 15 script eggs out of 16 script x kingcrowne pairings which I all have to abandon manually. It doesn't sound like a lot of clicks, but they add up.

bred page -> view egg -> egg actions -> abandon = 3 clicks per egg = 45 clicks

Of course, the need for this would be mostly negated if ratio/breeding interaction was adjusted, but right now it's very clicky trying to get any eggs from breeds with more than 6 months between their release dates.

Multiclutches should have an "Abandon all" as well, since it's already even more redundant to be forced to keep an egg, then reabandon it, even if at minimum it takes the same amount of clicks as regular breed/abandon. This goes for both celestial and holiday clutches, for code hunters and those who breed 2 of the same holiday together and unluckily don't get the breed they want.

Edited by Shadowdrake

I’d definitely support this - I’ve also found that the clicks add up, and it wouldn’t be hard or inconvenient to just have a little button on the page. Of course, the password would still have to be entered so there’s no choice for accidental abandoning.

What about there just being an entire mini-actions section on the bred page? People wanting Zombies might want to kill straight away, and I’d certainly have a use for being able to hide straight away too :) Overall I really like this suggestion

Support. Sometimes I like to breed my dragons just so I could dump the resulting eggs into the AP, so this would be super convenient for moments like that.

Being able to abandon directly from the breeding results page would be a big help to me.

Each week I breed through all my breeding pairs of Z-code dragons. I am looking for a Z-code offspring, so anything else gets abandoned. Over the last few days I bred nearly 200 dragon pairs and kept only two of those eggs. (Bad breeding week! :rolleyes:) While it might not make much difference if you are breeding 2 or 3 or even 10 dragons, this would be a huge help in breeding that many!

I know a lot of people purposely lock their scroll and breed solely for the AP, but that doesn't work when you may want to keep one of the eggs you are breeding. Since I can see the egg's code by mousing over it on the results page, this would save me a lot of clicks.

I'd also like an "abandon all" option for multi clutches instead of having to go through the process of picking one to keep and then immediately abandoning it. But I guess that is probably another suggestion.

Edited by purplehaze

I support this, too, for the reasons already mentioned.

I'd love something like this; it would be a huge help for when I'm trying to get one egg and keep getting the other. 

Honestly I just assumed multiclutches should have the same thing, this idea was actually partly due to them. It's still the same # of clicks at least, and pretty redundant to keep, then abandon. Editing it into the OP now.

Support. Clicking gets monotonous, especially when I am breeding lots of things for a mass breed or to give away to other people. 

Oh yes please! I love participating in mass-breeds but it's honestly just annoying to start breeding, have the first few eggs stay on my scroll because I have room even though I don't want them, and then at the end of breeding I have to go and manually abandon those first eggs. I also agree with the multi-clutch thing, a way to 'abandon all' would be great, instead of being forced to pick one and then abandon it.

Also like the idea of getting the option to ‘abandon all’ with multi-clutches from the outset. I generally don’t breed my multi-clutching dragons to keep any egg, that’s for sure.

I can see the usefulness, spo yesPLEASE!

Plenty of times I breed my dragons and don't get the egg I was hoping for, in which case I often don't choose to keep the egg. This would make APing the eggie easier.