LibbyLishly

Reinstate Honorable Mentions

24 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Just give it a time limit. After all, the monthly Prizes are also lost if not picked in time.

The way I'd imagine it:

A dropdown menu containing all Encyclopedia breeds with a known drop location (holidays, Prizes, Neglecteds and Undead show nothing or "Unknown").

Select a breed.

If a breed has more than one form/shape/colour (e.g. Zyu), a selection appears dynamically with available forms, e.g. clickable pictures of all 6 Zyus (like you select a dragon to fertilize).

Select again if applicable, confirm with a button - just like Prize winners would press a button to get their egg.

Would expire just like Prize pick-up expires.

Is the code selection a similar issue? Can't there just be a check if a code is available (like name check), if yes, click to get your egg, if not, choose again?

You mean to say that there wasn't a time limit of some kind on them before?

3 minutes ago, JavaTigress said:

You mean to say that there wasn't a time limit of some kind on them before?

I don't remember, I picked my stuff immediately XD It was TJ who said the whole process took so much time. But there aren't even secondary winners for the monthlies, and they just vanish if not picked before the next drawing, so I don't think there needs to be any waiting on HMs either.

Well, with any "special" dragons out of the way, HM prizes will almost all turn out to be CB golds. Like 90+%. Which will affect the ratios unfavorably. So I'm still against a reinstatement.

Unless the won ones weren't counting to the ratios.

The only thing I'd pick for a HM prize that would have ANY value to me would be a CB female Holly. And of ALL HM options that were ever posible.

That is if you'll be allowed to get one. To me, they fall in the same category as all other breed-only dragons. Because female hollies are supposed to be breed-only, just like blue-winged solstices or male mistletoes.

That's not the point, I wrote it exactly to express I could care less if HMs are back or not if I can't have a CB female Holly previous HMs were allowed to have but that we were denied in the re-release. They aren't CB hybrids, hybrids are hybrids, make no sense CB, unlike Hollies. To me a CB Gold (that I can't even trade, which seems to be very likely from what happened to regular Prizes) has no value (and honestly, a CB hybrid would have no value to me either, unless I got another CB of the same breed to pair it with according to my scrollwide rules; but as I said, CB hybrids make no sense and defeat the very core purpose of a hybrid).

Edited by VixenDra

1 hour ago, LibbyLishly said:

I was actually considering suggesting something similar. There has to be an easier way than manually chasing down winners for their preferences.

Thuweds used to allow you to "pick offspring" from a drop-down menu and a selection of eggs on top. I'm not sure how fast breeding and distribution of those takes, but maybe something similar.

7 minutes ago, VixenDra said:

hybrids are hybrids, make no sense CB

It makes no sense to NOT have them CB. They're not infertile, so why wouldn't wild dragons produce more of them? Plenty of hybrids have been released and exist in the wilderness, after all. I wrote all of this here already, if you feel like reading: https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/181440-reinstate-honorable-mentions/?do=findComment&comment=9618632

2 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

It makes no sense to NOT have them CB. They're not infertile, so why wouldn't wild dragons produce more of them? Plenty of hybrids have been released and exist in the wilderness, after all. I wrote all of this here already, if you feel like reading: https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/181440-reinstate-honorable-mentions/?do=findComment&comment=9618632

The idea of hybrids is that they're a combination of two separate creatures, animals that might never crossbreed while in the wild, and the hybrids in-game are only obtained by breeding captive dragons. Think ligers and other big cat-hybrids, or even the horse-zebra hybrids -- these don't normally occur in the wild, but rather they're something we humans "created" by having two entirely different animals breed.

Or that's how I see it. Honestly I'm indifferent towards CB hybrids, but the one thing keeping me from supporting the idea of them coming back is that TJ is against it. And of course the almighty admin can change his almighty mind, but I don't want to coerce him to do so just because I want something shiny.

1 minute ago, Ruby Eyes said:

It's like a lygrys, it won't occur naturally. But I actually mean that if hybrids go CB, people won't care for breeding them in the hybrid way, they'll become regular non-hybrids that can also be bred the hybrid-like way. I just can understand why TJ and so many of the usual forum dwellers express being against CB hybrids and consider HM ones a mistake. I actually myself don't care as long as they can be obtained by everyone somehow, like I wish everything to be someday (store <3 ), but I do understand why this particular case could be a bad idea, unlike CB female Hollies and CB Prizes. If I had the possibility to get a CB MF pair per hybrid, I'd actually go for it (but not if it's just 1 total like it was with HMs)

3 minutes ago, Sazandora said:

The idea of hybrids is that they're a combination of two separate creatures, animals that might never crossbreed while in the wild, and the hybrids in-game are only obtained by breeding captive dragons. Think ligers and other big cat-hybrids, or even the horse-zebra hybrids -- these don't normally occur in the wild, but rather they're something we humans "created" by having two entirely different animals breed.

They don't need to crossbreed in the wild, there exist HYBRIDS themselves in the wilderness. And since they are not infertile, unlike some man-created combos of real-world animals, they can procreate happily and produce more of themselves.

They are still special enough in that you can take breed 1 and breed 2 and create breed 3 out of them, which makes some interesting lineages. You won't ever get a Purple dragon out of breeding a Red and a Water, because Purples are NOT hybrids.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I was already pissed during christmas when i saw people asking for 2G of female Holly or egg swap with a proc't female holly egg (i send messaged to the later to inform them that those were special dragons only 17 people have)

So i´m against creating even more of such and CB Hybrids (which doesnt make sense anyway), its just another dragon that will be super-special-awesome and like 1% of players have it (like with the female Hollys)

CB hybrids only wouldn't make sense if ALL hybrids were infertile.

Which they aren't.

3 minutes ago, Yubelchen said:

I was already pissed during christmas when i saw people asking for 2G of female Holly or egg swap with a proc't female holly egg (i send messaged to the later to inform them that those were special dragons only 17 people have)

So i´m against creating even more of such and CB Hybrids (which doesnt make sense anyway), its just another dragon that will be super-special-awesome and like 1% of players have it (like with the female Hollys)

If there are more of them, it alleviates this issue.

Edited by Jazeki

3 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

CB hybrids only wouldn't make sense if ALL hybrids were infertile.

Which they aren't.

And bless they are fertile...

and agreed with Jazeki about Holly distribution. They should honestly be available in the Store either (same reasons as Prizes). Still non-catchable but OBTAINABLE with effort.

Edited by VixenDra

Just now, Jazeki said:

If there are more of them, it eliminates this issue.

But it won't be enough more. People are already complaining that there aren't enough more of the CB Prizes with the new monthly raffles and there would be far less of each of these!

I don't really think HMs would skew ratios *that* much, especially if there was some extra limit on them... Like, say there are 20 HMs each month (random number), but it's made clear that only the first 5 people to choose CB Gold would get that, and everyone else has to pick something else. Or do tiers, like the first 5 HM winners get CB Golds, and the rest get lower-rarity dragons. 

Honestly I'd be totally fine if the actual true rares (CB Golds and Silvers) weren't available for HMs at all, if that would solve a potential ratio issue. I simply think it would be really cool to win an HM, I don't really care what it is I get. But I know I'm in the minority there.

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

But it won't be enough more. People are already complaining that there aren't enough more of the CB Prizes with the new monthly raffles and there would be far less of each of these!

Solution: Store.

Relying just on RNG in this game is all wrong.

Edited by VixenDra

2 minutes ago, VixenDra said:

Solution: Store.

I don't disagree with that, but we were talking about HMs. In fact, I love the idea of the store and think it would solve a lot of the problems around here (including my lack of CB Golds! :lol:).

I do have to agree that the store would be a better way to distribute CB hybrids (if that was really even necessary) than piling up even more RNG on top of RNG. I'm sick and tired of the almighty bless his name RNG deciding on who gets what if any. I'm a fairly active World of Warcraft-player, and Jesus Christ on a rollercoaster does that game have TRUCKLOADS of RNG these days. I do NOT want more RNG in Dragon Cave.

4 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I'm aware, which is why I switched to "alleviates."  If it was in conjunction with the store, it could work. But the idea is as more are made, there are more than 17 or so people to rely on.

Is the 17 a confirmed number? Just curious XD

What number of HMs (if yearly) would we be talking anyway?

2 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Is the 17 a confirmed number? Just curious XD

What number of HMs (if yearly) would we be talking anyway?

Idk. That was the number of female hollies supposedly.

From the Wiki:

At least 17 caveborn female Holly dragons exist, with the codes Holy, Time, WGgnu, WMagi, holly, HwkEy, yule, Ashes, Ai6El, Ho11y, Zibl, JxfIP, Bell, holi, UTV0, Jingl and MAGIC.

1 minute ago, Yubelchen said:

From the Wiki:

At least 17 caveborn female Holly dragons exist.

Then it's not confirmed. The wiki is not official. Only TJ would know for sure.