Minkerbell

Imperial Harem - War of the Concubines || >> Spring Event has Begun! ! | Royal Vault is Open! <<

So I didn't see any post from @Rekha so I'm guessing I'm the one who's supposed to announce this?

A Royal Offspring has been born! 
Name: Mochi
Link to Scroll: xxlonewolfxx
Clan I belong to: Jade
Lineage of Egg: FRwIY

I'd like to be placed on the Wait List for a CB Gemshard Mate

Name: TempestSea

The CB Gemshard Egg will be a mate for: GAR18

If gifting a hatchie, I'd like a :  Green Male

I have earned Favor for my Clan!

Name: TempestSea

Link to Scroll: mine

#3. I own 10 correctly named Dragons (fill in the number)
Points earned:
3b. Own 10 properly named Imperial Harem dragons: + 2 favor points to your clan 
Names / Lineage code of Dragons: 
Name | Lineage Code (or you can link to the dragon's lineage page) 
My group

On 3/1/2018 at 11:49 AM, pretty_thumb said:

Name: pretty_thumb

Link to Scroll: Here

Clan I belong to: Sky Clan

#3. I own 25 correctly named Dragons 
Points earned: +6 (+4 for 20 correctly named dragons, +2 for the additional 5 correctly named dragons)

Group Link

Hide contents

1. Princess Fen Yu
2. Prince Consort Fang Hua
3. Prince Consort Jie Yu
4. Prince Mengyao Hua
5. Concubine Xinyi Hua

6. Concubine Jing Tian

7. Princess Guiying Yu

8. Princess Meifeng

9. Concubine Lei Xin

10. Concubine Ai Yu

11. Concubine Min Yu

12. Concubine Bao Hua

13. Concubine Shufen Hua

14. Consort Ru Tian

15. Prince Consort Jiao Tian

16. Prince Consort Heng Tian

17. Consort Bingwen Yu

18. Consort Qi Hua

19. Consort Pengfei Hua

20. Consort Ping Hua

21. Lord Kaiming Zhi Xin

22. Lady Kaiming Zhi Xin

23. Lotus Master Zhu

24. Lotus Oracle Jia

25. Prince Huiliang Hua

Link to Scroll: Here

#3. I own 25 correctly named Dragons 
Points earned: +2 (5 additional correctly-named dragons) I think?
Group Link

26. Junzhu Yanmei Hua

27. Princess Xiaodan Hua

28. Lotus Master Hai

29. Consort Xing Tian

30. Prince Longwei

3 hours ago, Mow said:

Mink stated not so long ago that she wouldn't mind a prince x princess Pair as long as they dont descend both from the Emperor (as all the three Shards are one person, that would be inbreeding) so its ok if you cross with the sacred and honored lines 😊 it should however be the exception i think 🤔

I'm not sure that she was speaking on anything other than hypothetically, though? :huh: (I could be mistaken.) I would wait until she weighs in officially before doing so.

It is my duty and delight to announce a royal marriage!

A Royal Offspring has taken a mate!
Name: JavaTigress
Link to Scroll: https://dragcave.net/user/JavaTiger
Clan I belong to: Rose

Name of Imperial Harem dragon: 
Hua Yinghouchong Taizi
Name of CB mate (Consort / Concubine): 

Hua Huiliang Guifei
Lineage Code of CB Mate: https://dragcave.net/lineage/YVYkk 
Color: Red

Favor Points: Unsure!

AND I also must announce the BIRTH of a new imperial descendant!

BY the WAY! IF anybody would like to adopt this offspring, I will be more than happy to gift it!

Name:  JavaTigress
Link to Scroll: 
https://dragcave.net/user/JavaTiger
Lineage of Egg: https://dragcave.net/lineage/T8Xnk

Edited by JavaTigress

A Royal Offspring has grown up! 
Name: Mak0
Link to Scroll: Scroll
Clan I belong to: Rose Clan

Name of Imperial Harem dragon: Prince Zhang Jie Yu
Lineage: Lineage
Color: Green

Whose scroll did the egg hatch on? : Mine

Favor Points: +1 to Rose stolen from Jade

Name: Mak0
Link to Scroll: Scroll
Lineage of Egg: Link

Edited by Mak0

Link to Scroll:https://dragcave.net/user/JavaTiger

Link to Scroll: https://dragcave.net/user/JavaTiger

#6 - I have bred a 3rd Generation Offspring (fill in the generation) 

Name: (leave blank if still an egg) 
Lineage Code of Dragon:  https://dragcave.net/lineage/T8Xnk
Generation:  3rd

Points earned: (leave blank if unsure) 

#2. I Donated a Bred Imperial Harem Offspring
Egg or Hatchie:  https://dragcave.net/lineage/T8Xnk
Points earned: +1, I THINK.
Recipient of Gift:  Kelkelen
Lineage Code of Gift: https://dragcave.net/lineage/T8Xnk

Good morning all ^_^ Had a doctor's appointment this morning so I'm actually up and at it quite early! I'll be working on Courts Intrigue for a while and then will work on updating the spreadsheet for Sky Clan! Hope everyone's day is going well.

Name: fetos
Link to Scroll: here
Clan I belong to: ruz
Lineage of Egg: hoi

Name: catstaff

Link to Scroll: https://dragcave.net/user/catstaff

#2. I Donated a Bred Imperial Harem Offspring
Egg or Hatchie: hatchie
Points earned: +2 points to Rose Clan
Recipient of Gift: Oxuna
Lineage Code of Gift: 
https://dragcave.net/lineage/29oFL

Name: catstaff
Link to Scroll: https://dragcave.net/user/catstaff
Clan I belong to: Rose Clan

Name of Imperial Harem dragon: Yu Kunli Gongzhu
Lineage: https://dragcave.net/lineage/HRvwN
Color: green

Whose scroll did the egg hatch on? : mine/catstaff's

Favor Points: +1 to Jade Clan

Name of Imperial Harem dragon: Yu Kunli Gongzhu
Name of CB mate (Consort / Concubine): Hua Zhongli Fuma
Lineage Code of CB Mate: 
https://dragcave.net/lineage/EFYPJ
Color: red

Favor Points: n/a

Name: 
catstaff
Lineage of Egg: https://dragcave.net/lineage/zE6cU

5d05e7d9883f3d63245032f14be1d2c1.jpgRoseKelkelen.png5d05e7d9883f3d63245032f14be1d2c1.jpg

| Welcome to Tiāntáng Hall |

1e52ffb6a8d970a3c562bdb28bf1f98d.jpg49d2e1599d9f5a753b7b866f1aafed574e907c631e52ffb6a8d970a3c562bdb28bf1f98d.jpg

No one can recall the way to Tiāntáng.

Spoiler

This is not to say that those who have seen that sacred place remember nothing of the journey: the long, curved road clinging to the steep ribs of beautiful and terrible mountains, following them as a snake follows the contours of a stone; the protruding spires of rock on either side, giving one the sensation of walking perilously across a giant’s palm, the owner of which might, at any moment, lose patience and close his fingers on any little life that dares trespass upon his flesh.  They remember, too, the narrow, swaying bridges, the dizzying sensation of clouds glimpsed beneath their feet, soft and solid-seeming as the white puffs of cotton which grow on the southern island of Hainan.  They can recall the sleek, furry pelts of bamboo forests, rippling along the lower slopes, and the muscled pine trunks gripping the craggy, blunted tips of the giant’s fingers. 

But ask any former pilgrim the way, and not a one of them can tell you.  Were there signs, to steer them on the proper path?  Did they take a wrong turn at any crossroads?  How long was the journey – did their shoes wear out? – and was there any village, even a single temple, where an exhausted traveler might pause to rest, or shelter from a storm?  No one can recall.  Only follow the road, they will tell you; follow the road, and it will guide you there. 

What else do they remember?  Follow the road, as bidden, and you will see it for yourself: the beginning of the end of the journey.  The road rounds its final bend, and the sapphire lake appears, set perfect as a gem into the ring of hills surrounding it.  Along its shores, slender willows bend to brush the water, like village girls washing their hair at the river.  The road is nearly straight, now, descending into the valley.  And what is this?  Is it your fancy, or is the mountain air becoming warmer?  Could that be the sweet fragrance of roses, mingled with the headier, untamed scent of peonies, drifting from a distance?  Only follow the road a little farther, and you will be sure of it. 

Down, down into the lush dale, and now the way is lined with a delicate froth of cherry blossoms.  But how long ago did you depart, in search of Tiāntáng?  What was the season?  It does not matter.  The cherries will always be in blossom.  So, too, the plum trees, to whose tidier forms and wilder perfume the cherries give way only when the great hall is finally in sight. 

It stretches long and low amid the trees, winding between their trunks like a serpent weaves through blades of grass – not an inappropriate analogy, given the beings that are rumored to reside within.  Vermilion columns flash vividly through a jade-green lattice of leaves, yellow tiles lie scale-like on the curving eaves, while golden roof charms parade along the ridgepoles.  But how is this permitted?  A hall this remote, bearing the Imperial colors?  Is it true, then, what they say – is Tiāntáng home to the living descendants of the One Great Imperial Emperor? 

Ask if you like, but none of them recall.  They remember only this: at the top of a wide stone stair sits an enormous pair of red doors, trimmed in gold: on each, nine rows of golden studs, nine studs in every row; this brings good fortune.  On either door, a golden lion bites a golden knocker in its ferocious maw.  And then, they say, the scarlet doors swing open… 

| Those Who Dwell Within |

33a13dcdf55e5153991ffc65f46d6913.png

Spoiler

| Heavenly Rose Line |

Hua Jianbai Wangzi  (Prince Strong-Cedar of the Rose Clan), grandson of Imperial Emperor Gui Long and High Concubine Hua  [Red, Red, Red]

Chihong Julei Aifei (Beloved Concubine Chrysanthemum-Bud of the Crimson Clan), favored consort to Hua Jianbai Wangzi

Lin Liushu Guifei  (Noble Concubine Willow-Tree of the Forest Clan), high consort to Hua Jianbai Wangzi

-     Tian Changhe Wangzi  (Prince Long-River of the Sky Clan), son of Hua Jianbai Wangzi and Chihong Julei Aifei

-     Yun Liming Guifei  (Noble Concubine Dawn of the Cloud Clan)

-     Hua Haodi Wangzi  (Prince Luminous-Earth of the Rose Clan), son of Tian Changhe Wangzi and Yun Liming Guifei

-     Yu Aonu Gongzhu  (Princess Stubborn-Girl of the Jade Clan), daughter of Hua Jianbai Wangzi and Chihong Julei Aifei

-     Yu Lufeng Wangzi  (Prince Green-Maple of the Jade Clan), son of Hua Jianbai Wangzi and Lin Liushu Guifei

-     Yu Suyou Wangzi  (Prince Respectful-Friend of the Jade Clan), son of Hua Jianbai Wangzi and Lin Liushu Guifei

| Sacred Rose Line| 

(Egg!!!)

|Honored Rose Line |

Tian Liuxing Miko  (Shrine Maiden Shooting-Star of the Sky Clan), second-born daughter of Holy Knight An Luca and High Priestess An Yanmei [Red, Blue]
Shui Yunlei Fuma  (Consort Cloud-Thunder of the Water Clan), consort to Tian Liuxing Gongzhu

-     Yu Yachuan Miko  (Shrine Maiden Elegant-Armlet of the Jade Clan), daughter of Tian Liuxing Miko and Shu Yunlei Fuma  [Red, Blue, Green]

-     Teng Yansun Fuma  (Consort Beautiful-Falcon of the Vine Clan)

-     Hua Rouhe Miko  (Shrine Maiden Gentle of the Rose Clan)  daughter of Yu Yachuan Miko and Teng Yansun Fuma  [Red, Blue, Green, Red]

-     Chihong Aoguan Fuma  (Prince Wild-Crane of the Crimson Clan), consort to Hua Rouhe Miko

-     (Egg), child of Hua Rouhe Miko and Chihong Aoguan Fuma

-     Tian Zhengyu Miko  (Shrine Maiden Justice of the Sky Clan), daughter of Tian Liuxing Miko and Shu Yunlei Fuma  [Red, Blue, Blue]

-     Hua Maque Miko  (Shrine Maiden Sparrow of the Rose Clan), daughter of Tian Liuxing Miko and Shu Yunlei Fuma  [Red, Blue, Red]

| Heavenly Sky Line |

Yu Lifang Wangzi  (Prince Strength-Honest of the Jade Clan), grandson of Imperial Emperor Hai Long and High Concubine Tian  [Blue, Red, Green]
Lin Yanzhi Guifei  (Noble Concubine Beautiful-Wisdom of the Forest Clan), high consort to Yu Lifang Wangzi

-     Hua Daolin Wangzi  (Prince Rob-the-Forest of the Rose Clan), son of Yu Lifang Wangzi and Lin Yanzhi Guifei  [Blue, Red, Green, Red]

-     Zhu Yinghua Guifei  (Noble Concubine Cherry-Blossom of the Scarlet Clan), consort to Hua Daolin Wangzi

-     Tian Nazhu Gongzhu  (Princess Graceful-Lute of the Sky Clan), daughter of Hua Daolin Wangzi and Zhu Yinghua Guifei

-     Yu Fuchou Wangzi  (Prince Revenge of the Jade Clan), son of Hua Daolin Wangzi and Zhu Yinghua Guifei

-     Tian Baofeng Wangzi  (Prince Storm-Wind of the Sky Clan), son of Hua Daolin Wangzi and Zhu Yinghua Guifei  [Blue, Red, Green, Red, Blue]

-     (Egg), child of Hua Daolin Wangzi and Zhu Yinghua Guifei

-     Yu Junle Wangzi  (Prince Handsome-Leaf of the Jade Clan), son of Yu Lifang Wangzi and Lin Yanzhi Guifei

-     Yu Lianglin Wangzi  (Prince Bright-Scales of the Jade Clan), son of Yu Lifang Wangzi and Lin Yanzhi Guifei

-     Tian Lingshi Wangzi  (Prince Clever-Verse of the Sky Clan), son of Yu Lifang Wangzi and Lin Yanzhi Guifei  [Blue, Red, Green, Blue]

| Sacred Sky Line |

(None yet)

| Honored Sky Line |

Lotus Master Huoyan Xin  (Lotus Master Heart Flame), son of Lotus Master Zhu and Concubine Lei Xin, grandson of Lord and Lady Kaiming Zhi Xin  [Blue, Red/Blue, Red]

Zhu Meigui Xin  (Heart Rose of the Scarlet Clan), beloved consort to Lotus Master Huoyan Xin

-     Lotus Master Anlou Xin  (Lotus Master Heart Peaceful-Mountain-Peak), son of Lotus Master Huoyan Xin and Zhu Meigui Xin

-     Jiang Bailu Xin  (Noble Concubine White-Heron of the River Clan), beloved consort to Lotus Master Anlou Xin

-     Lotus Oracle Lizhong Xin  (Lotus Oracle Beautiful-Devotion Heart), child of Lotus Master Anlou Xin and Jiang Bailu Xin

-     Shui Yinkai Fuma  (Consort Silver-Triumphant of the Water Clan), consort to Lotus Oracle Lizhong Xin

-     Lotus Oracle Fuxiao Xin  (Lotus Oracle Kiss-of-Dawn Heart), son of Lotus Oracle Lizhong Xin and Shui Yinkai Fuma

-     Yun Baoming Fuma  (Consort First-Light of the Cloud Clan)

-     Lotus Oracle Riluo Xin  (Lotus Oracle Sunset Heart)

-     Lotus Master Zhongcheng Xin  (Lotus Master Loyal Heart), son of Lotus Oracle Lizhong Xin and Shui Yinkai Fuma

-     Lotus Master Haiwang Xin  (Lotus Master Ocean-King Heart), son of Lotus Master Anlou Xin and Jiang Bailu Xin

-     Yun Xingxi Guifei  (Noble Concubine Galaxy of the Cloud Clan)

-     Yu Lotus Master Jibao Xin  (Lotus Master Lucky-Jewel Heart), son of Lotus Master Haiwang Xin and Yun Xingxi Guifei

-     Lotus Master Taidun Xin  (Lotus Master Very-Honest Heart), son of Lotus Master Anlou Xin and Jiang Bailu Xin

-     Lotus Master Heping Xin  (Lotus Master Peaceful Heart), son of Lotus Master Huoyan Xin and Zhu Megui Xin

| Honored Sky Line |

Lotus Master Zhencheng  (Lotus Master Truly-Sincere), son of Lotus Master Zhu and Concubine Lei Xin, grandson of Lord and Lady Kaiming Zhi Xin

| Heavenly Jade Line |

Hua Yawen Gongzhu  (Princess Graceful-Cloud-Patterns of the Rose Clan), granddaughter of Imperial Emperor Qing Long and High Concubine Yu.  Hua Yawen is proving to be a fickle creature who has spurned two suitors already, Shui Yinkai and Chihong Aoguan, and fully intends to reject the next one, as well!

| Heavenly Jade Line |

Yu Zhenshu Gongzhu  (Princess Hazel-Tree of the Jade Clan), great-great granddaughter of Imperial Emperor Qing Long and High Concubine Yu 

Lin Xiongsong Fuma  (Consort Mighty-Pine of the Forest Clan), intended consort to Yu Zhenshu Gongzhu

-     Tian Riguang Wangzi  (Prince Ray-of-Sunlight of the Sky Clan), child of Yu Zhenshu Gongzhu and Lin Xiongsong Fuma

-     Jiang Canghai Guifei  (Noble Concubine Deep-Blue-Sea of the River Clan), consort to Tian Riguang Wangzi

-     Hua Jingmei Gongzhu  (Princess Exquisite of the Flower Clan), daughter of Tian Riguang Wangzi and Jiang Canghai Guifei

-     Yu Rongyu Wangzi  (Prince Honor of the Jade Clan), son of Yu Zhenshu Gongzhu and Lin Xiongsong Fuma  [Green, Green, Red, Blue, Green, Green]

| Sacred Lily Line |

Hua Xiang Wangzi  (Prince Circling-Flight of the Hua Clan), great-grandchild of Imperial Prince Zhi and Sacred Princess Bai He

Zhu Lanhua Guifei  (Noble Concubine Orchid of the Scarlet Clan), high consort to Hua Xiang Wangzi

-     Hua Feirong Wangzi  (Prince Winged-Glory of the Rose Clan), son of Hua Xiang Wangzi and Zhu Lanhua Guifei

-     Lin Qiuchen Guifei  (Noble Concubine Autumn-Dawn of the Forest Clan), high consort to Hua Feirong Wangzi

-     Tian Boheng Gongzhu  (Princess Wave-Constant of the Sky Clan), daughter of Hua Feirong Wangzi and Lin Qiuchen Guifei

-     Jiang Junhao Fuma  (Consort Army-Heroic of the River Clan), consort to Tian Boheng Gongzhu

-     Tian Weifeng Gongzhu  (Princess Breeze of the Sky Clan), daughter of Tian Boheng Gongzhu and Jiang Junhao Fuma

-     Yu Jianjue Gongzhu  (Princess Resolute of the Jade Clan), daughter of Tian Boheng Gongzhu and Jiang Junhao Fuma

-     Tian Shandian Wangzi  (Prince Lightning of the Sky Clan), son of Hua Feirong Wangzi and Lin Qiuchen Guifei

-     Yu Yaochi Wangzi  (Prince Glorious-Wing of the Jade Clan), son of Hua Xiang Wangzi and Zhu Lanhua Guifei

-     Hua Jilin Wangzi  (Prince Thorn-Forest of the Rose Clan), son of Hua Xiang Wangzi and Zhu Lanhua Guifei

-     Hua Xinhai Wangzi  (Prince Fortunate-Child of the Rose Clan), son of Hua Xiang Wangzi and Zhu Lanhua Guifei

-     (Egg), son of Hua Xiang Wangzi and Zhu Lanhua Guifei

| Honored Jade Line |

Jingyiwei Shawei  (Imperial Guard Javert, grandson of Honored Jingyiwei Bai Yu and Honored Lady Liling Yu  [Green, Green, Green]

| Star-Crossed Lovers Line |

Diyu Qin Xiaoshun  (Filial-Piety of the Underworld), child of Yanluo Wang and Xiao Qian [Mutamore x Green, Blue]

Chenshi Qin Yinyuan  (Lasting-Hope of the Mortal Realm), consort to Diyu Qin Xiaoshun

-            Diyu Qin Chijiu Ai  (Enduring Love of the Underworld), child of Diyu Qin Xiaoshun and Chenshi Qin Yinyuan

| As-Yet Unspoken For |

Li Yeguo Guifei  (Noble Concubine Wild-Fruit of the Chestnut Clan)

Li Lulin Fuma  (Consort Greenwood of the Chestnut Clan)

Yuan Mudan Guifei  (Noble Concubine Peony of the Garden Clan)

| A Few Notes on Ancient Chinese Poetry | 

(and how to write in an English version of some ancient styles!)

4a1c8f77c9a51224353c5824a3b90fe8--pair-o   Facing-snow.jpg  images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWxiEIdyWlZijHqnrtDLL

Spoiler

60a1e9b3f230613c223337ad9444104d.jpg     *****   lb15s.gif *****     CE_j4FwUMAAK_2N.png 

I've included the examples above for reference while you read, because, as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.  To me, seeing the forms of some traditional verse on the page reveals its general structure much better than a lengthy explanation ever could.  This section of my page will be devoted to some of my thoughts on ancient Chinese poetic forms.  I plan to explore two questions: What are some of the traditional forms of Chinese poetry?  And how can they be approximated in English writing?

Gushi, literally “ancient verse,” was the primary poetic form in ancient China from the late Han dynasty to the middle of the Tang dynasty, dating back to roughly the year 200.  It is the likeliest candidate for a decent English approximation in form, because it requires fewer rules than any of the later jintishi, or “regulated verse” forms.  Barring rare exceptions, all gushi follows a basic structure of:

·        5 characters/syllables per line

·        End-stopped couplets (pairs of lines that essentially end with a full stop)

·        Odd-numbered lines that rhyme, i.e. ABCB DEFE

·        Varied overall length (can be as long or as short as you like)

·        Caesura (pause) between syllables 2 and 3, aurally and conceptually dividing the line into two characters/words followed by three characters/words

So the question becomes, how do we essentially follow those rules while writing a poem in English?  I use the word “essentially” in its truest sense: how do we capture the essence of this poetic structure, while “translating” it into another language which possesses a great many formal differences from the original? 

I propose that first, we follow any rules which it is possible to follow in English.  This means that actually, we can retain four of the five with almost no problem:

·        End-stopped couplets

·        Rhyming odd-numbered lines

·        Varied overall length

·        Caesura – but with some modification, depending upon what we do with the one rule that I believe must change, namely…

What do we do about the rule of “5-character/syllables per line?"

One option is to follow the rule strictly by syllable, limiting ourselves to monosyllabic words in English.  This has some potential, but I fear it can’t result in decent poetry, in the end.  Not only are our monosyllabic words generally less poetic, less laden with nuance and connotation than our polysyllabic ones, but we also require more words to convey the same thought that one finds in a single line of Chinese poetry. 

So, let’s consider the inherent artistic potential of the English language.  If the character, the individual word, the monosyllable, is the standard unit of Chinese poetry, what could we surmise is the standard building block of English poetry?  My personal nomination would be the poetic foot.  It captures something of the natural rise and fall of speech, the tempo of our music and dance, and it taps into our own poetic consciousness, our awareness of former poems and songs in our own language.  It allows for the inclusion of such “unimportant” or “helper” words as participles, auxiliary verbs, pronouns, and possessives.  It also allows for the inclusion of polysyllabic words, which I feel are a must in English poetry, if we are to have full freedom of expression, with unfettered access to the vast vocabulary and musicality that English has to offer. 

If I consider emulating the gushi form with iambs, instead of syllables, then I come up with the following rules:

·        5 feet per line

·        Caesura between the 2nd and 3rd feet.  

Along with the previous:

·        End-stopped couplets

·        Rhyming odd-numbered lines

·        Varied overall length
This leaves us with a basic metric structure for each couplet of:

(/x) (/x),    (/x) (/x) (/x)

(/x) (/x),    (/x) (/x) (/x) .  [end-stopped]

So, now my plan is to experiment with this a bit!  I will write more later on the tightly structured styles of lüshi and jueju, as well as on the general thematic categories of traditional Chinese verse (which will hopefully be less dry and more fun!).  However, for now, I'm just going to play around a little with gushi.  And if you do, too, I'd love to read whatever you come up with!  :-)

| Traditional Poetry by Shui Yinkai | 

Spoiler

"The Lost Dream"

All year, for spring, the cherry blossom waits

Yearning to bloom, to spread beneath the sun

Its chamber closed, fragrance distills within

Its petals furled, raiment reveals to none

It longs for light, soft breeze's warm caress

It dreams of sky, vast beauty all around

At last, the day!  The glorious bud unfolds --

A cruel gust -- it tumbles to the ground.

(written on the occasion of his refusal by the court of Hua Yawen Gongzhu)

"View of the Ocean: I"

Beneath silk skin    the ocean’s muscles roll,

Flex marbled flanks    which ripple as they breathe.

Waves gallop, race,    support our fragile shells;

We sail until    the skies their swords unsheathe.

The heaving sea    is goaded into rage

By lashing gales    full-armed with whips of flame,

But when the beast    is given leave to rise

It leaps, larks, rears    -- once broken, never tame.

| The Priestess of Tiāntáng |

Spoiler

(This will be a place to learn a bit more about me, but... my personal hall is still under construction!)

| Ancient China Dollmaker Links |

PhoenixRoseClanDoll.thumb.JPG.51e9d0775e7e4e64e1264fec4841e1e6.JPG RoseClanDeity2small.JPG.df349d6e13c13f6e44307a5a76f34d75.JPGRoseClanDoll2Soft.JPG.fa51fec0897bb064dd6a4b104c3d55cf.JPGRoseClanDeity.jpg.ce7847fdcbd24eb9725ca2efc3d6726d.jpg RoseClanPriestess6.JPG.43bdb1af9fb29071992ac24050b4df52.JPG

Spoiler

Qing Dynasty (1644-1912)

This is my very broad guess as to when our alternative dragon-based timeline is taking place, based on headpieces of the Clan Leaders’ and Project Creator’s avatars, and the structure and titles of our concubine system.

Palace Dollmaker: http://www.dolldivine.com/palace-chinese-drama.php  (This is the most comprehensive Qing doll maker – 4 female doll options, a child, a man, 16 pages of clothing, a bazillion hairstyles, two bazillion hair accessories…plus, some very pretty backdrops.)

Chinese Harem Scene Dollmaker: http://www.dolldivine.com/chinese-harem.php   (You can build a whole scene of men, women, and children.  There’s a medium amount of dress options, some mix-and-match-able pieces, and the hair and headpiece accessory options are so detailed and customizable!)

Chinese Princess Dollmaker: http://www.azaleasdolls.com/history/game_chineseprincess.php  (This one’s a bit simpler: 15 outfits or so, but still with loads of hair accessories to play with, and I like that you can see them a little bigger and closer up than on other doll makers. 

Hanfu

This is an older style of Chinese clothing that may well be the origin of the Japanese kimono, among other elements of SE Asian fashion in various countries.  It was a style that lasted over several centuries – in fact, several dynasties.

Deity of Clouds Dollmaker: http://www.dolldivine.com/deity-of-clouds.php   (This one is awesome if you want to make an epic goddess!  Gorgeous, fantastic original artwork.)

Empress of China Dollmaker: http://www.dolldivine.com/empress-of-china.php  (Based on a TV series about Wu Zetian, the only woman who officially ruled China as the Empress, for a time.  Another one with gorgeous mix and match potential, including every possible type of hair decoration you could ask for.)

Blossom Tales Dollmaker: http://www.dolldivine.com/blossom-tales.php   (I probably find this one the most fun in terms of having a TON of outfits and a TON of customizability – you can mix and match nearly every piece of every outfit!  The hanfu art is also extra flowing and lovely, with softly trailing sleeves and hems.)

| Spring Event Sweets and Bingo Cards!|

Bunting3.png

Spoiler

Spent Sweets:  Cupcake2.png  Cupcake4.png  Cupcake5.png  Cupcake3.png  Cupcake1.png  Cupcake1.png    CottonRed.png CottonBlue.png CottonOrange.png   GumdropBlue.png GumdropBlue.png GumdropPink.png GumdropPink.png GumdropPink.png

Donut2.png Donut4.png Donut6.png Donut3.png Donut1.png Donut5.png       

Soda3.png     Soda1.png                     Egg2.png  Egg5.png

Unspent Sweets:  GumdropBlue.png GumdropBlue.png GumdropBlue.png GumdropPink.png GumdropPink.png GumdropPink.png

CottonBlue.png CottonBlue.png CottonBlue.png CottonBlue.png   Donut3.png Donut6.png

Cupcake1.png  Cupcake3.png        

Egg1-1.png  Egg1-1.png  Egg1-1.png  Egg3-1.png  Egg3-1.png  Egg3-1.png  Egg5.png   

Crew Cards: CrewFerret.png.e94be9fdeabeefd1328081b38c0b4767.png CrewGuinea.png.4e480cbcb12116e3b64e2abe7e849aac.pngCrewRabbit.png.b674437e91c116cbfd858f93e3b78c36.pngCrewTerrier.png.6443478884676209dd857cb6c907e9b2.png

Persistent Princess Pilots:     AviRach-copy.png    AviSash-copy.png

Cute Critter Crew:    ignOHg40VkngVOrzAdjlWzbpqcnSPBAQ6_cclBEP   AviFerret.png  AviGP.png  Avibunny.png   AviTerrier.png

Clan-wide Balloon Cards:     catballoon.png   firsteditsmilyballoon.png

Beautiful Buoyant Balloons:     Smiley-Balloon-Small.png

|Graphics Collection!|

Spoiler

Easter-Bunny-Peach.png

Tangerine Kittybun was earned in the Easter 2018 Raffle!

Edited by Kelkelen

What a beautiful hall @Kelkelen :D I'm so jealous!

ETA: Does anyone from Jade Clan need a consort/concubine?

I'd like to gift a CB Hatchie
Color / Gender of Hatchie: Green (I can't remember if I precogged it...)
Lineage Code of Hatchie: cxuKH
Teleport Link: Teleportie

Edited by pretty_thumb

21 minutes ago, pretty_thumb said:

What a beautiful hall @Kelkelen :D I'm so jealous!

ETA: Does anyone from Jade Clan need a consort/concubine?

I'd like to gift a CB Hatchie
Color / Gender of Hatchie: Green (I can't remember if I precogged it...)
Lineage Code of Hatchie: cxuKH
Teleport Link: Teleportie

I really need a concubine
I can take it & precog it and if it's male send it back or post it back up for grabs?

@Mochi I've accepted your offer! Feel free to regift if it isn't what you need (it just won't earn points again). Do you need the egg back?

Link to Scroll: Link

#1. I Donated a CB hatchie
Egg or Hatchie: hatchie
Points earned: +2 points to Sky Clan
Recipient of Gift: @Mochi
Lineage Code of Gift: cxuKH

8 minutes ago, pretty_thumb said:

@Mochi I've accepted your offer! Feel free to regift if it isn't what you need (it just won't earn points again). Do you need the egg back?

Link to Scroll: Link

#1. I Donated a CB hatchie
Egg or Hatchie: hatchie
Points earned: +2 points to Sky Clan
Recipient of Gift: @Mochi
Lineage Code of Gift: cxuKH

It precog'd female!! :D
Thanks so much! I was actually about to fill out a request for one. 

And nope ^^

Link to Scroll:
https://dragcave.net/user/catstaff

Name of Imperial Harem dragon: Hua Chenqiu Wangzi
Lineage: https://dragcave.net/lineage/REktJ
Color: red

Whose scroll did the egg hatch on? : mine/catstaff's

Favor Points: +8 to Rose Clan

Link to Scroll: 
https://dragcave.net/user/catstaff

Name of Imperial Harem dragon: Hua Chenqiu Wangzi
Name of CB mate (Consort / Concubine): Tian Yawen Guifei
Lineage Code of CB Mate: 
https://dragcave.net/lineage/pvMOu
Color: blue

Favor Points: n/a

Name: 
catstaff
Link to Scroll:  https://dragcave.net/user/catstaff
Lineage of Egg: https://dragcave.net/lineage/qCqu3

Link to Scroll: https://dragcave.net/user/catstaff

#6 - I have bred a __7th__ Generation Offspring (fill in the generation) 

Name:
Lineage Code of Dragon: 
https://dragcave.net/lineage/qCqu3
Generation: 7th

Points earned: +7 points to Rose Clan

Name: 
catstaff
Lineage of Egg: https://dragcave.net/lineage/1snEg

Name: Mow
Link to Scroll: 
Scroll

Name of Imperial Harem dragon: Princess Olena Tian
Name of CB mate (Consort / Concubine): Consort Oregon
Lineage Code of CB Mate: 
lqvJV
Color: green

Favor Points: +2

Link to Scroll: 
Scroll
Lineage of Egg: https://dragcave.net/lineage/TH5ad

Link to Scroll: 
Scroll

#6 - I have bred a __5th__ Generation Offspring (fill in the generation) 

Name:
Lineage Code of Dragon: 
https://dragcave.net/lineage/TH5ad
Generation: 5th

Points earned: +4

I'd like to gift a Imperial Hatchie
Color / Gender of Hatchie: red, i'm not sure if i influenced it
Lineage Code of Hatchie: nvDgT
Teleport Link: please PM!

Color / Gender of Hatchie: blue, should be female
Lineage Code of Hatchie: 5jX4g
Teleport Link: i have no eggspace please pm or quote me here i'll send a tp!

14 minutes ago, Mow said:

@Mow

Edit: Sending pm

Edited by Kurokosworth

9 minutes ago, Mow said:

Color / Gender of Hatchie: red, i'm not sure if i influenced it
Lineage Code of Hatchie: nvDgT
Teleport Link: please PM!

@Mow Sent PM

Edited by Oxuna