TJ09

2017-09-30 - September Dragon Release

Just now, angelicdragonpuppy said:

If only it had happened in June, they could've been a SUMMER solstice! :P 

Maybe it's an Equinox egg?

Caught 3 golden ridgies, but that glassy stripe is quite slippery.

Just now, Jazeki said:

Maybe they change according to time. 

That occurred to me, too.  Going to see what happens next hour.

Thanks for the release, I was actually up and with a clear scroll :)

i'm out of time to hunt anyways XD so if they change, i can always drop the spare reds tomorrow and try for green instead (or trade for greens)

kind of hoping for breed only though, it'll be easier than a head ache of trying ot obtain a pair of greens after old eggs start mixing

Hmm ok the hour's changed and the reds haven't changed to green. Having to catch on cell data bc I'm stuck in a family gathering ;-;

Man, I'm flying from Europe to Aus today and was mentally prepared for this release to happen while I was in the plane (cos lets face it, EVERY release happens when I'm away, working, or otherwise unable to get to a computer). I'm so glad it dropped early enough for me to grab some - three of each so far, and all red for the glassy ones. Can't wait to see how they look and where the green dudes come from! :D

No green eggs in cave? I tried in both desert and volcano and got only red ones. Something is not right!! :D

where are the green one?????

Vol. and Desert are the same...

Anyone found the green??

Locked with two reds and a blueish glassy one. I refuse to dump any more hatchies for more slots. These will be here in the morning (tho probably already mixed with old breeds). *keeps telling self that*

Soulstone_egg.pngSolstice_egg.gif

The new coastal eggs do look similar to the Soulstone & Solstice eggs!

Those green variants are most likely 2g alts of the Red shiny egg.  That explains the lack of a large picture on TJ's Initial post.  It's just the Purple and Red.

Edited by jerzeeshadow

I caught four red eggs. @-@;;;;;

Both pairs came from Volcano AND Desert. Mmmm. I have a feeling the greens will be difficult to catch.

Earliet I've ever post on a release! Thanks to TJ and all the Spriters who worked on these 3 eggs, hatchlings, and dragons so all of us can enjoy another splendid, creative release. Thank-you all!!

NEW EGGS!

...*realizes she bred a bunch of eggs yesterday and thus only has room for two*

...DANGIT!

I looked back at the release post for Undines (which have breed-only alts), and it's similar to this release post (another version of the dragon, but it isn't shown in the large promo picture) so that's worth noting. 

(Of course, iirc bred Alts usually have the same egg as regular versions of the dragon, & the Undine eggs are all the same, so if these new green eggs are bred alts then that's something a little new.)

Edited by lolahighwind

royalcrimson.gifvalentine_12.gif

The new red eggs look strikingly similar to red crimson and heartseekers😨😄

And thank you lolahighwind for noticing that if the greens are alts, it would be a new way of alting (egg shell alts as well)

Edited by jerzeeshadow

I'm starting to lean on the green eggs being based on being bred because I noticed in the main post's release banner it only shows the purple-gold egg and red egg only. Maybe that could be a possible indicator?

I'm not going to check bc I'm on mobile but I think time alts like Fire Gems had only one colour in the banner too. We know these ones aren't hourly but they could still be time based on a longer rotation. I kind of assumed they were bred alts though.

I like that they seem to use some of underused color schemes (purple is super rare in cave so i'm happy to see it) but i'm also getting a bad feeling about some of their traits, from the word "glassy" to the dangerously bright and shiny looking and golden/purple egg, they seem like they possibly might be more to add to the shiny apocalypse :/

Though I hope they're wyrms since we only have one kind in cave (yea it has a lot of diversity for one kind but it's still just one). Also, all is forgiven if they're real rares, even if they're shiny, we need new rares desperately, and not those fakey xeno/GW/blusang style rares that are accidental, I mean proper gold/silver standard rares!

Edited by blockEdragon

5 minutes ago, DarknessDragon197 said:

I'm starting to lean on the green eggs being based on being bred because I noticed in the main post's release banner it only shows the purple-gold egg and red egg only. Maybe that could be a possible indicator?

I don't think the banner is indicative. For the last two release with alts/variants, only one egg variant is seen in the banner, but all of the eggs were obtainable in the cave: 

That doesn't mean it can't be bred only though.