angelicdragonpuppy

ANSWERED:Change joined 2006-2010 to "Joined before xxxx"

I didn't really realize that no one else sees that date. In that case it really doesn't matter to me what date is displayed.

I'm ok if we get an option between choosing keeping the four year span or using the "before oldest dragon's date"

I abandoned probably all of my dragons when I first joined because they were all inbred AP catches. It was also before we could change names and I didn't like any of them.

I believe I joined in mid-2008, but my oldest dragon is from early 2009. Obviously for me it's not a huge difference, but for someone else with a similar situation it really could be.

Edit: I mean, really if it ever becomes public, then I'd want this option. Didn't realize it was only something we see ourselves.

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

Edit: I mean, really if it ever becomes public, then I'd want this option. Didn't realize it was only something we see ourselves.

Very much this. As long as nobody else sees it, I couldn't care less about it.

I strongly support using the date of our oldest dragon as date of joining.

Yes, it won't be 100% accurate for some (it will be for me because whilst I have abandoned a couple of my initially caught dragons, I couldn't bring myself to abandon my very first dragon, even though he is slightly inbred) but it will be better than 'Joined on 2006–2010'.

Or if that simply isn't possible, how about: 'Joined before 2010'? Or something like that?

I'm not affected by this, but I support it ~ I know when I joined I immediately caught eggs and I'm sure most of the players affected by this did the same smile.gif

I really cannot see this as a punishment. It's the same kind of thing as having pre-biome dragons just show as caught in "cave." Historic.

Also - as others can't see that date anyway, only you - how much does it matter in the ultimate shedload of stuff ? I know when I got here..... (January 27, 2010...) Who else needs to ?

It's not a huge deal, just would make a nice tweak. I have OCD and seeing that massive 2006-2010 range of vagueness every time I check my scroll bugs me. Whereas when it was the oldest dragon date (which I didn't realize at the time wasn't necessarily an accurate join date) I thought it was super swell xd.png

Maybe keep the whole range as a default, but put a link beneath where we can submit the link to our oldest dragon to get a more accurate date? Finding our oldest dragons, with the various sort features (drop-down menu for "sort by age" on the scroll itself, using custom sort and hitting reset without saving the new sort order), this is very easy for us to do.

Yes, some people may have "cleaned" their scrolls and thus be unable to show a link to their oldest dragon - but I don't see why everyone should be "punished" for the choices of some.

I say this would be the most sensible way to actually implement this. I know for certain my own join date (26th October 2008) and my oldest dragon has the same date too...

Even if it is visible to just to the scroll owner, I still kinda want it to be somewhat accurate...

Edited by Moonlightelf

I actually do NOT support this.

I joined in December of 08 (I still have my original email), but my first dragon did not grow up until May 2010 (hard to make things grow when you don't know about hatcheries rolleyes.gif )

I personally prefer my four year range. I would rather know my correct date is in that range, than being told "You joined in 2010" when I know that's wrong.

Which is why I suggested that you only get it changed if you provide a link to your oldest dragon. Or any dragon you want to use for the date anyway.

I would prefer having the date of my oldest dragon be put as my join date (in my case it's accurate) if that's not possible/feasible I'd prefer "joined before 2010"

But like other's have said, as long as it's not visible to everyone, it's not really a big deal to me.

Support for any of these:

- "Oldest known dragon: ______" instead of specifying your join date.

- "Approximate Join Date: (goes off of oldest known dragon)"

- "Join date: before 2010" (or should it be before 2011?)

I'd prefer the first one, for all users that joined between 2006 and 2010. Other users can keep their known join date?

Though it's no big deal to me either way. It would just be nice. :3 For me, it's accurate, though I understand it's not accurate for everyone.

Edited by Painter

My joined date IS the same as my oldest dragon.. Sep 25, 2008. I joined on my b'day and other than a couple of months due to illness, I've been here ever since.

Seeing Joined on 2006–2010 is not even close. So I'm with everyone else, I'd prefer the date of your oldest dragon, because even if you joined, left and came back later.. that oldest dragon IS when you joined, even if you didn't really become active until later.

Now it has the year I joined...2008. Works for me, and thanks!!

I would support using the oldest dragon's date as the join date, but am also content with the now "Joined in ___" as it's better than the range.

As an amusing aside, my oldest dragon was actually laid one day before I joined... lucked out on the AP that day. biggrin.gif

I'm good with my "Joined in 2008". Thanks!

This might not work for me, my oldest dragon was adopted as a hatchie from the AP.

I'm happy with the year though smile.gif

I'm very happy with my 'Joined in 2009' smile.gif

Thank you so much, TJ.

Now it has the year I joined...2008. Works for me, and thanks!!

Same here. I think that is a reasonable solution. smile.gif

Yes, I really like the 'joined in <year>'! (Also wow, next year I will have been playing for ten years. Time flies!)

Thanks TJ!

I approve of the change!

Much better than the range!

Joined in 2009! biggrin.gif

Shoot :/ I guess I'm going to have to deal with knowing my date is incorrect. I really would prefer to see "Oldest dragon from 2010" rather than "Joined 2010."

But alas. I'm in the minority. Just another reason I can kick fifteen yr old me for letting all of those eggs die in 2008 and 2009 because of not knowing about hatcheries xd.png