Articray

Described dragon indicator

I enjoy reading descriptions from people's scrolls sometimes, so what I'm suggesting is really just what the title says, a little indicator on your own and others' scrolls showing which dragons are described. This way, when visiting someone else's scroll, you won't have to go look for the described dragons.

This could be something simple like a little book icon near the dragon sprite, or shown in the same way as the frozen icon.

It would also be useful for people who write descriptions, as it would help keep track of what dragons have been approved.

This isn't top priority or anything, I just thought it would be a neat little feature.

The original suggestion for this can be found here for anybody interested: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=51220

~

I still support this. Simple but neat and useful.

From the old thread, here was TJ's comment:

Unicode is preferable over images.

✒✑✐✏✎✍

So presumably this is doable, and I still hope to see it at some point. o3o

I support this, too. Just a small icon/unicode thingy won't blow the page up beyond proportion.

Still heavily in favour of this *sigh*

I haven't seen this suggestion before, but I heavily support it! It sounds great!

Please. I like this one:

Oh that's a super cute idea. As someone who has dug through pages for described dragons, it would be extremely handy.

Never read a single description of a dragon yet, because I'm lazy like that ~ but I support this for those who do read them wink.gif

I have never read a dragon's description, either, unless the owner has directed me to one. But that is because it is so hard to find which dragons actually have descriptions. I would love to read them if I could tell which dragons were described! So I fully support this idea. smile.gif

The original suggestion for this can be found here for anybody interested: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=51220

~

I still support this. Simple but neat and useful.

From the old thread, here was TJ's comment:

So presumably this is doable, and I still hope to see it at some point. o3o

Oh, oops. I searched for description related suggestions before posting and didn't find anything, I think I missed it. unsure.gif Sorry about that.

I really hope we get this, it would allow for new forum games and would make visiting others' scrolls a lot more fun!

I would support this! I would also like a thing just for the scroll owner that tells when a dragon has a pending description, because sometimes it's hard to keep track of.

I would support this! I would also like a thing just for the scroll owner that tells when a dragon has a pending description, because sometimes it's hard to keep track of.

^This.

I know I have dragons who have approved descriptions and other dragons of mine that are pending, but with so many dragons to keep track of they've gotten a bit lost among the crowd. A simple way to sort them or search for them would work wonders!

Edited by Syiren

I support this wholeheartedly! I have over three thousand dragons on my scroll, but only a few dozen have descriptions - that also happen to carry details on my scroll 'story'. A marker would really help both me and others ;v;

This would be lovely! I like reading descriptions on other people's dragons, but when folks have 500+ dragons on their scroll, chances of randomly finding a story are slim. Of the suggested unicode icons, the pencils are easiest to identify, I think. A little icon at the end of the dragon's name would look pretty nice, the way gender and frozen icons are placed at the end of the age marker. I'm also in favor of the pencil:

Nice! Simple, neat, and useful. Hopefully TJ will approve, it's definitely a pain to check which dragons have been approved

I'd love this. o: Recently I'm getting indulged in putting descriptions. It'll be convenient. Being able to pin dragon types and having description indicators might be a perfect combo.

Please oh please can we have a description indicator. I've written over 900 over the years descriptions and I would love an easy way to check whether they've been approved or not.

Yes please! Pretty sure I posted in the original thread back when and I still support this. :)

Would definitely like to see this suggestion implemented! It would be useful for someone like me since I've forgotten half of my described dragons.

Edited by Ninetails

I'm sure I put my support on the original version of this thread, and I want to keep at least some version of this concept in the light of day. Part of the reason I don't read many dragon descriptions is because they're often hard to find on others' scrolls - it's annoying to need to click on every dragon. The converse is also true: when looking for an undescribed victim dragon for the Describe-a-Dragon game, it helps to be able to quickly see which dragons are eligible.

I'm still for this - considering that I'm almost done with sorting all my dragons either into the "DESCRIBED - Masterlist" group or the "To Do: undescribed" group (less than 1k to go out of over 6k dragons) I'm sure it'll be implemented the moment I'm finished

rolleyes.gif

Edit - OK now I'm finished and despite double checking most breeds I somehow missed about 30 dragons - which is less than half a percent but STILL... I obviously need the marker

Edited by herk