Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

I've been evolving Eevees with the proper name. No matter how many times I evolved them: Sparky was still Jolteon, Pyro was Flareon, and Rainer was Vaporeon. I don't know what went wrong >..>

I think you just had some happy coincidences. We were just discussing above that the name trick only works once per name.

I think you just had some happy coincidences. We were just discussing above that the name trick only works once per name.

Oh really? Because it always did it to me when I named them correctly o.o

Oh really? Because it always did it to me when I named them correctly o.o

Yeah. You're just very lucky I think. Mine have all only worked once, even though I renamed the one that had the special name, and closed and opened the app before I evolved it.

I wish I could trade you one of my jolteons for that flareon. haha

Yeah. You're just very lucky I think. Mine have all only worked once, even though I renamed the one that had the special name, and closed and opened the app before I evolved it.

I wish I could trade you one of my jolteons for that flareon. haha

Then that was a stroke of luck then. Because I evolved many Eevees with those names correctly. If trade can happen world wide I would

I think electric types are strong against water too, aren't they? So Pikachu would be good as well.

yeah they are but from what i heard most of the electric pokemon aren't really great, especially not raichu or jolteon... vaporeons are just so tanky and do so much damage i feel like going for the also tanky venusaur is a safe bet

tho im not sure what ill do about lapras

edit:

yeah how the heck ARE they going to put in a method of ensuring later-gen eeveelutions that people could figure out? were there even any espeons/umbreons with canon nicknames in the anime at all? i dont think so

Edited by Switch

I have my Haunter as a buddy. He takes up the whole back half of the screen behind the character, and his hands hover over their shoulders. It's pretty funny, though some of the Pokemon sizes still confound me-- how is a Haunter bigger than a Nidoking? Psh.

My friend posted a screenie of her avvie with Haunter. Geez louise, I'd be scared if I came across that thing in an old house. xD

http://imgur.com/wLDxEy3

there it is!! I finally got my Kabutops and its actually smaller then I expected. love it though

I got Charmander as my buddy now so hopefully i'll have a Charmeleon before long

Also I went downtown the other day for about 3 hours and funny story. There was a Machop and Vulpix down the street from the center area where we all hang out. And everyone flipped because neither of those are never found here. So at least 30 something of us get up and walk together to go get it. This ranged from small kids to elderly people to everyone in between, all hustling down the road for Machop and Vulpix. So many people in cars and residents were so confused lol (and kinda mad til some kid explained it to them and they were like "oh okay")

Anyways I caught those and started to go back and some guy in the center area is running toward us saying there is a Marowak at the lures! And we all RAN for that Marowak. It was exhausting but I got it in the end so it was worth it. Soon after I got Primape, Pikachu, and 2 Growlithe too! (All of which don't spawn here ever)

It was a good night I say

Also I've heard using incense when you are in a place where there are no Pokemon are on your sighting makes rare Pokemon spawn.

I definitely wanna get to use my incense at some point, but I've heard that Pokemon spawn more regularly when you're moving around, and I've been so busy writing my thesis, I haven't really had time to just walk around just to play Pokemon, so I've been saving them up.

there it is!! I finally got my Kabutops and its actually smaller then I expected. love it though

Congrats! They are a little smaller than I would have thought, but they also look pretty hunched over. =p

I've caught one Kabuto. They're one thing I hope would spawn more for me with incense. They're really neat Pokemon.

i got my first position in a gym!! the town was really remote but it had two gyms both owned by instinct

user posted image

i hope he does well... last time i checked two of the pokemon in front of him had already gotten knocked out :'( i want my defender bonus for as long as possible pls

my town is small enough that it only has two gyms, and the entire place is split between valor and instinct. i know 5 other mystic kids. the good thing, tho, is that mystic almost always takes all four gyms once it gets dark out.

A krabby appeared outside of my house yesterday! So I got my first krabby. o3o

I can say the same for my first Shellder. <3 And I also trained my Electabuzz so many times to get my Seaking into a gym as a defender, a LEVEL 10 GYM YASSSSSSSSSSS.

Defender bonus here I come. wink.gif

GUYS! I FOUND OUT SOMETHING SUPER IMPORTANT!

Okay, this is crazy and it doesn't really make much sense.

You get a candy for evolving Pokemon! So if it says you need 12 candy to evolve it, you only actually need 11, as long as you have at least 12 at the start though. Does that make sense?

Like if I had 23 candy, I can actually evolve two pidgeys not just one and then need a new candy. But if I had 22, I can only evolve one.

This actually isn't that useful unless you power evolve, which is where you save up so you have enough candy and pokemon that you can evolve 60 at once and then you turn on a lucky egg and sit there and evolve pokemon for half an hour. But I felt like it was worth sharing.

A VENUSAUR ESCAPED ON ME YESTERDAY, THE FIRST AND ONLY I'VE SEEN SO FAR. </3 OK, back to empty slots with shadows in the Pokedex. :'(

Plus, I spent 50 poke balls on it, still nothing.

Thanks to my Buddy Pikachu, i was able to evolve me a Raichu biggrin.gif

Of course i didn't evolve the little guy sitting on my shoulder... i just begged him to stand back for a while, because now i have to collect some Geodude candies...ONLY 56 more before i can evolve me a Golem....bwahhh....!! xd.png

Thanks to my Buddy Pikachu, i was able to evolve me a Raichu biggrin.gif

Of course i didn't evolve the little guy sitting on my shoulder... i just begged him to stand back for a while, because now i have to collect some Geodude candies...ONLY 56 more before i can evolve me a Golem....bwahhh....!! xd.png

Lucky you only need to walk 1km to get candies from them smile.gif

I can say the same for my first Shellder. <3 And I also trained my Electabuzz so many times to get my Seaking into a gym as a defender, a LEVEL 10 GYM YASSSSSSSSSSS.

Defender bonus here I come. wink.gif

Speaking of, I finally caught my first omanyte! *high fives*

Sorry about the venasaur. Dx

~

Getting close to evolving my squirtle. Seven candies to a wartortle.

Speaking of, I finally caught my first omanyte! *high fives*

Sorry about the venasaur. Dx

~

Getting close to evolving my squirtle. Seven candies to a wartortle.

Wait, you can catch fossil Pokemon 😮 I didn't think you could do that

Wait, you can catch fossil Pokemon 😮 I didn't think you could do that

Yep! I caught an Omastar on a bike path yesterday (only 30 cp though aw) and a Kabuto at my school awhile ago

~

Also i saw a third dragonite! Threw some ultras to it but it broke out and fled sad.gif oh well. Soon after we found something pretty cool, a rapidash and snorlax spawning next to each other! By the time I caught Snorlax Rapidash was gone.. But its okay I guess since I had one already. Thrilled about the snorlax though because I feel like everyone and their brother had one but me.. But I do now! biggrin.gif

Yep! I caught an Omastar on a bike path yesterday (only 30 cp though aw) and a Kabuto at my school awhile ago

Yup, and someone had an aerodactyl defending a gym around here the other day.

Congrats on your snorlax!

man i was about to de-rank a gym and suddenly it kicked me out mid-battle and i lost all my progress (oh but my hurt/fainted pokemon sure as heck stayed that way) and when i tried to go back in it just gave me an error that didnt go away until i had to leave the place :T

more bad news: vaporwave's reign of terror has ended RIP my only source of pokecoins

i almost feel like PoGo has been more unstable lately somehow... the tracker is constantly going blank/just being generally inaccurate which it didnt use to do for me, im getting more random errors when trying to transfer pokemon or fight gyms, my game's crashing... sigh. what are you doing niantic.

anyway im pretty close to evolving lettuce but... i kinda really want a perfect IV venusaur but im starting to doubt my odds considering how many bulbasaur ive caught with awful ivs. lettuce is 89%. i guess it'll partially depend on what moveset lettuce gets. there's a lot to think about.

speaking of awful IVs oh my god i cannot get a break with clefairies. i've caught enough clefairies to evolve like four clefables and every single one had absolutely dreadful IVs, my best one ever is like... 40%. i just want one good one to evolve into a clefable pleaaaseee why are clefairies like this

Edited by Switch

man i was about to de-rank a gym and suddenly it kicked me out mid-battle and i lost all my progress (oh but my hurt/fainted pokemon sure as heck stayed that way) and when i tried to go back in it just gave me an error that didnt go away until i had to leave the place :T

more bad news: vaporwave's reign of terror has ended RIP my only source of pokecoins

i almost feel like PoGo has been more unstable lately somehow... the tracker is constantly going blank/just being generally inaccurate which it didnt use to do for me, im getting more random errors when trying to transfer pokemon or fight gyms, my game's crashing... sigh. what are you doing niantic.

anyway im pretty close to evolving lettuce but... i kinda really want a perfect IV venusaur but im starting to doubt my odds considering how many bulbasaur ive caught with awful ivs. lettuce is 89%. i guess it'll partially depend on what moveset lettuce gets. there's a lot to think about.

speaking of awful IVs oh my god i cannot get a break with clefairies. i've caught enough clefairies to evolve like four clefables and every single one had absolutely dreadful IVs, my best one ever is like... 40%. i just want one good one to evolve into a clefable pleaaaseee why are clefairies like this

If it's evolving Lettuce to Ivysaur, I'd say wait until you have enough to evolve it to Venusaur, because you might find a better one along the way.

If you can evolve him all the way to Venusaur, 89% is pretty good and I'd go for it.

That sucks about all those clefairies. sad.gif

well today i caught a clefairy with 78-80% IVs which is the best i've ever had as far as clefairies go by a long shot but on its own i dont think that's great esp since it's only 180-ish cp... i think i'll just evolve it and if it gets a good moveset ill keep it.

Lettuce is still a bulbasaur, but he's almost ready to evolve into ivysaur then a venusaur right after that i just need a few more candies...

Edited by Switch

The Pokemon must have had crap stats because I just beat all the Pokemon in a gym for the first time. Four Pokemon, one less than 1000 CP and the defender at 2000. None of my Pokemon even have 1000 CP. xD

There was a group there battling, and I didn't feel like asking their team, so it was good they were actually the same team as me because I definitely sniped the gym as soon as it was open. As I was walking away, they yelled over to thank me since they were going to battle and then defend the gym to bring it up to a level 10. Apparently Team Instinct does this to all the gyms on campus every Friday night. I got an invite to the facebook group for it. xD

All around been a good Pokemon week. Hatched my very first Clefairy and Bellsprout. Also caught my first Oddish, which randomly popped up on my way to the gym the other day. 48 km later and I hit enough candies to evolve Squirtle! =D Gonna walk a Meowth around for a while so I can get a Persian. Then I'm gonna find time one day to do incense and a lucky egg and go wild catching and evolving my mass of Pokemon (a few of which will unlock entries in my Pokedex). I'm excite.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Well shoot. There's a Charmander nest on this golf course about 2-3 minutes from my house. A member of our towns Facebook group asked the golf course staff if it was okay for players to walk around the property. They said so long as we all stayed off the green and didnt bother anyone, it was totally okay! I took my younger brother to it today to walk along the outside for Charmanders and what do you know, literally the second we step out of the car this jerk on a golf cart screams at us for "entering private property" ??? Or something like that. Even though it technically wasnt we werent even on it but parked somewhat nearby it. Anyways, He told us to get the...heck... out so we did...

Which really is a shame... we could use those charmanders dang it. Those dont exist here. And I saw so many people there looking for them too so why did we get singled out?

Eh even so afterward we drove around a bit and found a Vulpix, Squirtle, and Hypno so at least its something. I still feel disheartened though

Edited by aerolyx