Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Nineteen

Ooh, that'll be a lot of stuff to clear. However many boxes you think you'll need, get double.

I arrived late at work today with my car loaded to the brim and a friend in his van equally full AND another friend with her open truck also full, all from a house being cleared after 35 years if being lived in.

Toppage, page 995! B)

Edited by Lagie
Toppage!

I hope you will find a place to live Classycal.

My cold in in the it's getting worse state or in the middle see next sentence. Like it comes three days, stays three days and goes three days or so.

Reminds me i should buy a new medical thermometer, old one is broken.

Oh yeah, the moment you move or have to clean out an apartment/house after your relative has died or has to move and is too ill or too old to do the work at all you see how much a person can hoard. Not helping that my grandfather was a father of four children and a child during Second World War. So he was not a person to get rid of the two spare punch-bell egg cracker to give a tiny example.

Punch bell egg crackers! We had one in my shop and I'd never seen one before. Those are cool.

My grandparents had elastic-contained stacks of the strips of cardboard you remove from a Kleenex box to open it. I think my grandfather wanted them as bookmarks, but he had dozens!

Thanks everyone.  I'm going to have a LOT of stuff to get rid of.  My SUV is already loaded up with stuff for the thrift shop.  I don't even want to think about the basement and the attic.  I think it will all go.  

This is really weird. My wifi refuses to load DCF or a couple other sites unless I have a VPN active. I know its the wifi cause my phone can load it fine on data but not on wifi.

Or it just seems to load it... super slowly. Actually it's slow even with the vpn.

Edited by Marcus Pheonix

That sounds frustrating, MP. I hope the situation resolves itself soon for you.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out hot cocoa*

It's gone chilly here again. And blustery. I'd rather that than rain, though.

Accepts the hot cocoa.  

It's TOO early.

It is, isn't it?

And the clocks here go forward tomorrow which messes everything up for a few days.

Yes, the clocks go forward here, too.  

clocks go fwd tonight/tomorrow... and it's really quite outdated - we don't need DST anymore... we should just pick one and just not change the clocks anymore.

DST, i hates it....

my boss and i both hate DST and i think that's the only things we agree on XD 

9 hours ago, Swiftphoenix said:

Helloo peeps. 
wondering what to say to my new friend. 

Start with 'How are you?' then segue to a description of your  collection of online dragons and all the awesome people you chat with online... ;)

But seriously, talk about pets, hobbies, jobs, studies, world events, Paris in the spring, movies you enjoy, music...

1 hour ago, trystan said:

my boss and i both hate DST and i think that's the only things we agree on XD 

There was a fabulous article in our paper this week outlining why it would be best to change this weekend and then just stop doing it forever and ever. I fully agreed! I think you might be able to find the article at theconversation.com (possibly just conversation.com).

if it's the one about "5 ways life would be better if it were always daylight saving time," i saw that one before.

there's arguments for keeping it as well as making it permaStandard time or permaDaylight time too.  i think, since DST is the contruct (well, all time is a construct, but....) we should just keep it at Standard time.

This article thought keeping the construct would be the option that saved the most electricity long-term.

I'm having trouble typing tonight...

i have trouble typing every night! (and day. i suck at typing XD)

that would be a pro for keeping DST.  a con for keeping it would be when it'd normally be standard time, kids would be going to school and bus stops in the dark.

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

Start with 'How are you?' then segue to a description of your  collection of online dragons and all the awesome people you chat with online... ;)

But seriously, talk about pets, hobbies, jobs, studies, world events, Paris in the spring, movies you enjoy, music...

What I mean is like we’ve been chatting for a short while now but he said he’s going thru some stuff with his gf so I didn’t know what to say. I just tried with some I’m sorry and maybe she needs time and I’m here for u and stuff like that. I *think* he feels better now since he used a smiley face emoji (I can read emojis if nothing else) so at least I didn’t make him cry? 

Another day and it’s still not working (on my phone without wifi active).

No daylight savings where I live, it’s great :D

Is this an irl friend?

Just now, Marcus Pheonix said:

No daylight savings where I live, it’s great :D

lucky.  DST is #$@##$ @#$#$%^# %^%^^ @#$@#^

(wonder how i really feel, eh? XD)

i also added a few z'links in my sig XD 

Grumbles.....  I didn't get enuf sleep last night thanks to you know what.

I did, but I'm ready for bed already. I blame the cold.

I feel like it's raining.  I ache all over.  Sigh....

I wish it was like 10 degrees warmer so I could peacefully go for a run and try to kick this depression in the butt.